The following consists the details of the update posted on I Love Taguig social media page:
CASE UPDATES- With 15 new cases reported by the Department of Health (DOH) at 4:00pm today, the Philippines now has 217 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
- The death toll for COVID-19 stays at 17.
- DOH also reported one new recovery, which now brings the number to 8.
TAGUIG CASE UPDATES- There are 2 new cases of COVID-19 in Taguig. The number of confirmed cases is now 7. All these cases are confined in hospitals, and treated in isolated facilities.
SOCIAL DISTANCING: Mga residente sa Pinagsama, Taguig pumila para sa relief goods
HOUSE-TO-HOUSE SERVICES- To avoid people congregating at health centers and risking COVID-19 transmission, the City has decided to activate medical teams that would conduct services at the doorstep of citizens. Rest assured that the roving teams wear necessary personal protective equipment and observe the rules on hand hygiene and social distancing.
- The teams go door to door to conduct immunization; distribution of maintenance medications for diabetes, hypertension and asthma; delivery of medications for tuberculosis and HIV, and vitamins for pregnant women, as well as reproductive commodities.
READ: Taguig City to distribute family food packs for Taguigeños
RELIEF OPERATIONS- The city is continuing relief operations to help households fulfill their basic food requirements. Today, social workers and other volunteers distributed 4,200 food packs in 21 barangays.
- The family food packs contain rice, canned goods, noodles, coffee, cereal drinks and bottled water.
- These stay-at-home packs are good for 3-4 days for a family of 5.
BARANGAY CAPTAINS REPRIMANDED- Mayor Lino Cayetano earlier today released a statement confirming that he meted out reprimands for two barangay captains for lapses in the implementation of lockdown guidelines and aid distribution.
- The City Hall has taken over community quarantine operations in one barangay. It closed all open establishments and stationed policemen and security personnel to ensure that only 1 person is allowed to go out to buy basic necessities and supplies. While in the other barangay, it has taken care of the family food pack distribution.
- The Mayor reiterates that he will not hesitate to reprimand and give sanctions to barangay leaders who do not observe the lockdown guidelines, while stressing that strict implementation is necessary to protect every Taguigeño.
READ: Tanyang, Taguig City, unang isinailalim sa 'barangay lockdown'
SHUTTLE SERVICES- Responding to the clamor for modes of transportation for healthcare and emergency workers, the City has today begun implementing a free shuttle service program for workers in hospitals, clinics, pharmacies and medical facilities.
- The free shuttles will serve the workers from 6 AM-9 PM daily. The city has opened a total of 16 routes.
GRATITUDE- The City continues to thank the companies who have responded affirmatively to our appeal to suspend operations or provide work-from-home arrangements to their workers. The same gratitude goes out to those who continue to open shop to provide the basic and emergency services to Taguigeños, such as pharmacies, grocery stores and banks.
- Taguig also thanks the companies who have devised schemes to waive rentals for their tenants, provide salary continuance and emergency loans to their employees, and write off or adjust due dates for their customers.
- We also thank companies and individuals who go out of their way to donate disinfectants, protective equipment and food.
- Thank you also to the citizens who have continued to cooperate with the City in this ordeal. We know you have sacrificed much and we hope to repay that sacrifice with effective service. Please continue to be safe, report offenses to our quarantine guidelines and contact the COVID-19 hotline for queries. Please follow the preventive measures, boost your immune system and keep your spirits high.
Source: I Love Taguig Facebook Page