This follows the announced Code Red Sub-Level 2 by President Duterte which announces ‘community quarantine’ against COVID-19.
The said quarantine will be effective starting March 15, 2020.
READ: LIST - Road Checkpoint during Metro Manila quarantine
The Pasig City mayor lead the inspection of the checkpoints particularly those who are coming in and out Rizal Province (mainly Taytay and Cainta boundaries).
Here's the live video he posted on his official Facebook page:
He suggests, "If you have a valid reason, you can travel. BUT IF YOU CAN STAY HOME, 𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙔 𝙃𝙊𝙈𝙀."
READ: Mayor Vico Sotto urge Pasigueños to help spread only truthful information amidst COVID-19 threat
- If you are going to work (in Pasig)
- If you are going home from work.
- If you need to buy food and other supplies.
But he strongly suggest everyone to stay home. "Hindi po ito panahon para sa teknikalidad, argumento, o sisihan. Para mapabagal ang pagkalat ng #Covid19, kailangan ang kooperasyon ng lahat," he added.
READ: Pasig City to give 400,000 food packs to its citizens
MMDA also imposes Metro Manila curfew during community quarantine which is followed by Pasig City.
Vico Sotto confirms five Pasig residents positive for COVID-19.
WHAT TO READ NEXT?
- Code Red Sub-Level 2: Duterte announces ‘community quarantine’ vs. COVID-19
- Metro Manila vs NCR - are they different or the same?
- LIST: Cities & Municipalities in Metro Manila (NCR)
- WHO declares coronavirus outbreak as pandemic
- How to avoid COVID-19? Avoid touching 'MEN'
- Coronavirus cases hit 100,000 globally
- 10 Things To Know About Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Malacañang: Hoarders of masks, alcohol will be arrested
- WHO: 70% of Covid-19 infections in China have recovered
This article is written up in support to spread awareness for COVID-19 cases in the Philippines.