National Capital Region (NCR)
- President Duterte announced Monday night the suspension of classes in NCR from March 10 to March 14.
OUTSIDE METRO MANILA
- Capas, Tarlac – All levels (Until March 14)
- Bulacan – All levels (Until March 14)
- Cavite – All levels (Until March 14)
- Rizal – All levels (Until March 19)
- San Jose, Batangas – All levels (Until March 14)
- Lucban, Quezon – All levels (Until to March 15)
As of this writing, the Philippines confirmed 10 cases of the novel coronavirus according to DOH.
What is Coronavirus?Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that may cause illness in animals or humans. In humans, several coronaviruses are known to cause respiratory infections ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). The most recently discovered coronavirus causes coronavirus disease COVID-19.
What is COVID-19COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by the most recently discovered coronavirus. This new virus and disease were unknown before the outbreak began in Wuhan, China, in December 2019.
Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease 2019 / COVID-19Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and people. Common signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, the infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even death.
READ MORE: Everything you need to know about COVID-19