Panic buying is happening everywhere in Metro Manila after the government imposed metro-wide quarantine. Even before that, there were reports of 'hoarding' masks and alcohol (hand sanitizers) which left other people no other option but do alternative ways to keep their self clean.
So the question now is, "how can we stay free from virus like COVID-19?"
Here are my tips on how we can fight or avoid having viral infections just like the coronavirus:
1. Wash HandsIt's very basic. Hand washing, also known as hand hygiene, is the act of cleaning hands for the purpose of removing soil, dirt, and microorganisms.
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, or having been in a public place.
For me, having clean hands is the easiest way to eliminate virus. So I do this more often as my first step of protecting myself from diseases.
2. Avoid Large CrowdsAvoid crowds, especially in poorly ventilated spaces. Your risk of exposure to respiratory viruses like COVID-19 may increase in crowded, closed-in settings with little air circulation if there are people in the crowd who are sick.
3. Avoid Touching Your FaceHands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth. From there, the virus can enter your body and can make you sick.
ALSO READ: How to avoid COVID-19? Avoid touching 'MEN'
4. Social DistancingSocial distancing is a term applied to certain actions that are taken by Public Health officials to stop or slow down the spread of a highly contagious disease.
5. Practice Proper HygieneLast but not the least, it is always important to have a clean body. It doesn't only free us from viruses but other microorganisms that can also cause us different diseases.
After all, we just wanted to safe from what's happening today. So aside from doing these things, I also suggest for all to stay at home at the most especially if you don't have urgent things to do outside. I am happy since me and my wife are working from home. We follow the steps above not only in prevention of coronavirus but other possible diseases.
WHAT TO READ NEXT?
- 10 Things To Know About Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Code Red Sub-Level 2: Duterte announces ‘community quarantine’ vs. COVID-19
- Metro Manila vs NCR - are they different or the same?
- LIST: Cities & Municipalities in Metro Manila (NCR)
- WHO declares coronavirus outbreak as pandemic
- Coronavirus cases hit 100,000 globally
- WHO: 70% of Covid-19 infections in China have recovered
This article is written up in support to spread awareness for COVID-19 cases in the Philippines.