Promotions head of the PTRI Evangeline Manalang told ABS-CBN News in a phone interview that they will be using water-repellent finishing on the face masks that will be sewn by the Taytay-based Power Fashion Inc., which is known for manufacturing garments for local fashion brands.
Manalang said the masks that will be made can last 50 washes as it is meant to be washed daily. She also stated that PTRI will announce when they are able to produce and finish the face masks as they and Power Fashion will still have to make arrangements because of the lockdown.
The Philippines has been grappling with a face mask shortage, with the government purchasing most of the supply for the public health sector. Face masks have long been sold out in stores even before the lockdown in Luzon.
- PRRD joins military, cops on frontline vs. Covid-19
- Code Red Sub-Level 2: Duterte announces ‘community quarantine’ vs. COVID-19
- Metro Manila vs NCR - are they different or the same?
- LIST: Cities & Municipalities in Metro Manila (NCR)
- WHO declares coronavirus outbreak as pandemic
- How to avoid COVID-19? Avoid touching 'MEN'
- Coronavirus cases hit 100,000 globally
- 10 Things To Know About Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Malacañang: Hoarders of masks, alcohol will be arrested
- WHO: 70% of Covid-19 infections in China have recovered
- Germany says virus vaccine research not for sale
Read More: COVID latest, COVID updates, COVID US, virus, coronavirus, health, disease, quarantine, ncov, COVID-19
Let us know your thoughts!