The Philippines has faced an increasing amount of COVID-19 cases. In lieu of this, President Rodrigo Duterte imposed an enhanced community quarantine in the entirety of Luzon.
This meant that new restrictions are mandated to curve the spread of the virus in the country. In line with the enhanced community quarantine, local transportation has been suspended.
READ: Pasig City to give 400,000 food packs to its citizens
As such, the Makati City government has imposed an order to address that issue. Makati has a recorded 5,946 tricycle drivers in total who need financial.
In order to adhere to social distancing protocols, public transportation has been suspended. Because of this, Makati City Mayor Abby Binay posted this on her Twitter page.
Currently, there have been over 199,054 individuals infected with COVID-19 worldwide. Along with this, 7,992 have died to the virus. However, 82,779 already recovered.
- PRRD joins military, cops on frontline vs. Covid-19
- Code Red Sub-Level 2: Duterte announces ‘community quarantine’ vs. COVID-19
- Metro Manila vs NCR - are they different or the same?
- LIST: Cities & Municipalities in Metro Manila (NCR)
- WHO declares coronavirus outbreak as pandemic
- How to avoid COVID-19? Avoid touching 'MEN'
- Coronavirus cases hit 100,000 globally
- 10 Things To Know About Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Malacañang: Hoarders of masks, alcohol will be arrested
- WHO: 70% of Covid-19 infections in China have recovered
- Germany says virus vaccine research not for sale
Read More: COVID latest, COVID updates, COVID US, virus, coronavirus, health, disease, quarantine, ncov, COVID-19
Let us know your thoughts!