Here are salient points of President Rodrigo Duterte’s Address to the Nation (12 March 2020)
-Covid-19 alert raised to Code Red Sub-level 2.
-Obey health authorities. Don't downplay Covid-19.
-Follow social distancing measures.
-Police, military to help avert Covid-19 crisis.
-Work in the executive branch shall be suspended within the period but skeletal force shall be maintained in offices.
-Flexi-work arrangements shall be encouraged in the private sector.
-Community quarantine is imposed in Metro Manila.
-In other areas, local government units can impose localized quarantine.
READ: 5 tips on how to avoid viral infections (without the need of alcohol or mask)
- Provincial quarantine if there are more than 2 persons with Covid-19.
-Municipal, city, barangay-wide quarantine is advised when there are more than 2 persons with Covid-19.
-Suspension of classes in Metro Manila extended until April 12.
-LRT, MRT and PNR to remain in operation but maintain social distancing.
ALSO READ: 'Don't panic' says US woman who recovered from coronavirus
-PNP can help in implementation of measures vs. Covid-19. This is not martial law.
-Mass gatherings are prohibited during the period.
-The LGUs outside the National Capital Region are advised to exercise sound discretion in suspending classes in their respective jurisdictions.
-Duterte says, “Konting pasensiya lang. It’s for your own good. Let’s help each other.”
WHAT TO READ NEXT?
- Code Red Sub-Level 2: Duterte announces ‘community quarantine’ vs. COVID-19
- Metro Manila vs NCR - are they different or the same?
- LIST: Cities & Municipalities in Metro Manila (NCR)
- WHO declares coronavirus outbreak as pandemic
- How to avoid COVID-19? Avoid touching 'MEN'
- Coronavirus cases hit 100,000 globally
- 10 Things To Know About Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Malacañang: Hoarders of masks, alcohol will be arrested
- WHO: 70% of Covid-19 infections in China have recovered
This article is written up in support to spread awareness for COVID-19 cases in the Philippines.
Let us know your thoughts!