Christ the Redeemer is one of top tourist destination in the said country. Thousands of people from around the world come to visit the attraction.
But on Wednesday evening, the statue became a reminder to everyone that we all can get through with our current fight with COVID-19.
Global coronavirus infections rose to more than 200,000 cases with more than 8,700 deaths in 150 countries according to reports.
- PH records 77 new cases of COVID-19; total at 307
- Code Red Sub-Level 2: Duterte announces ‘community quarantine’ vs. COVID-19
- Metro Manila vs NCR - are they different or the same?
- LIST: Cities & Municipalities in Metro Manila (NCR)
- WHO declares coronavirus outbreak as pandemic
- How to avoid COVID-19? Avoid touching 'MEN'
- Coronavirus cases hit 100,000 globally
- 10 Things To Know About Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Malacañang: Hoarders of masks, alcohol will be arrested
- WHO: 70% of Covid-19 infections in China have recovered
- Germany says virus vaccine research not for sale
Read More: COVID latest, COVID updates, COVID US, virus, coronavirus, health, disease, quarantine, ncov, COVID-19