The Department of Health (DOH) also said that a 73-year-old woman from San Juan City, who had no recent travel history or exposure to a COVID-19 patient, had also died from the disease. She's the country's 19th fatality.
Meanwhile, 5 more people had recovered from COVID-19, bringing the total tally of recoveries to 13.
The health department said Saturday it would speed up testing for the virus, as more laboratories were opening up.
READ: Duterte Declares State of Calamity In Philippines Over COVID-19
The government has also designated 3 state hospitals for COVID-19 patients as private facilities were getting overwhelmed with those diagnosed with the virus and those showing symptoms.
Global coronavirus infections rose to more than 200,000 cases with more than 8,700 deaths in 150 countries according to reports.
- PRRD joins military, cops on frontline vs. Covid-19
- Code Red Sub-Level 2: Duterte announces ‘community quarantine’ vs. COVID-19
- Metro Manila vs NCR - are they different or the same?
- LIST: Cities & Municipalities in Metro Manila (NCR)
- WHO declares coronavirus outbreak as pandemic
- How to avoid COVID-19? Avoid touching 'MEN'
- Coronavirus cases hit 100,000 globally
- 10 Things To Know About Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Malacañang: Hoarders of masks, alcohol will be arrested
- WHO: 70% of Covid-19 infections in China have recovered
- Germany says virus vaccine research not for sale