It also said that 8 more patients succumbed to the disease, bringing the total number of fatalities to 33.
All the 8 new deaths are male patients, of whom most have pre-existing health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, and hypertension. The youngest is 56 years old and the oldest is 89 years old.
READ: Plastic bags ginamit bilang protective gear sa ospital sa Laguna
The latest case of recovery, meanwhile, involved a 54-year-old Filipino male from Manila who recently traveled to Thailand and was exposed to a known COVID-19 case.
He was hypertensive, and first experienced symptoms on March 6. He tested positive on March 13, and was discharged on March 21.
Since last week, the country's main island of Luzon has been on lockdown in an attempt to curb the spread of the disease.
READ: Quarantine passes should be free as per PH gov't
The novel disease was first reported in China late last year and has spread to more than 180 countries and territories, based on the latest report of the World Health Organization. The global tally of the cases is nearing 300,000, with deaths of close to 13,000.
- PH records 82 new COVID-19 cases, 462 total
- Malunggay, Panlaban sa Coronavirus Ayon sa DOH
- Yorme Isko pinangunahan ang pagbibigay ng food packs sa Maynila
- Private company nag-donate ng food packs sa Taguig
- Plastic bags ginamit bilang protective gear sa ospital sa Laguna
- Metro Manila vs NCR - are they different or the same?
- LIST: Cities & Municipalities in Metro Manila (NCR)
- WHO declares coronavirus outbreak as pandemic
- How to avoid COVID-19? Avoid touching 'MEN'
- 10 Things To Know About Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Malacañang: Hoarders of masks, alcohol will be arrested
- WHO: 70% of Covid-19 infections in China have recovered
- Germany says virus vaccine research not for sale