San Miguel Corp. will use one of its facilities to produce disinfectant alcohol for donation to communities to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, the company's chief said on Monday.
SMC president and COO Ramon Ang said the company is seeking government clearance to produce 70 percent ethyl alcohol, which can be used for sanitizers and other medical purposes.
Malacañang: Hoarders of masks, alcohol will be arrested
Ang said they already started producing the disinfectant alcohol in a Ginebra San Miguel facility over the weekend.
The alcohol is being used by company employees, but San Miguel needs government clearance to distribute it for public use for humanitarian reasons, SMC said.
“We have the means and the capability to produce this and make it available for free to LGUs and public hospitals,” Ang said.
READ: Taguig City to distribute family food packs for Taguigeños
San Miguel is looking to donate the alcohol in bulk, in 20-liter containers and 1,000-liter tanks, he said.
The company said it is also donating to LGUs its own brand of disinfectant powder used in hog farms and other facilities.
Aside for alcohol, they also plan to donate food 24/7 for public - to the poor and frontliners.
San Miguel Corporation is a Filipino multinational publicly listed conglomerate holding company. It is the Philippines' largest corporation in terms of revenue, with over 24,000 employees in over 100 major facilities throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
- PRRD joins military, cops on frontline vs. Covid-19
- Code Red Sub-Level 2: Duterte announces ‘community quarantine’ vs. COVID-19
- Metro Manila vs NCR - are they different or the same?
- LIST: Cities & Municipalities in Metro Manila (NCR)
- WHO declares coronavirus outbreak as pandemic
- How to avoid COVID-19? Avoid touching 'MEN'
- Coronavirus cases hit 100,000 globally
- 10 Things To Know About Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Malacañang: Hoarders of masks, alcohol will be arrested
- WHO: 70% of Covid-19 infections in China have recovered
- Germany says virus vaccine research not for sale