A trip to the cold mountain city of Tagaytay won't be complete without buying the usual pasalubong and partaking of tawilis and steaming hot bulalo: Filipino beef, bone marrow and vegetables soup.
Located along Mahogany Avenue and just a stone’s throw away from the Tagaytay City Proper is Mahogany Market–a small marketplace where you can shop for meat products, fresh produce, and souvenirs, and sample some of the best bulalo in town.
The Mahogany Market is not only famous of its meat market but mostly known as "bulalo place" by many tourists going to Tagaytay, Cavite. It is known as a market that provides the freshest meats such as beef, (specially Bulalo meat) pork, and chicken.
LOOKING FOR KITCHEN OR DINING NEEDS?
Here are the best options to shop for your kitchenware and dining essentials:
Shopee is my go-to app for things I needed like the ones above. If you'd like discounts and vouchers, you may get the best offers here:
Market's meat section at the first level has a slaughterhouse, so you can check if the beef is always fresh. The second floor is home food stalls or karinderia that serves the famous beef soup.
Some eateries also serve other Filipino main dishes and side dishes to provide visitors with a more diverse dining experience. It’s a charming spot where you can hang out with your loved ones al fresco!
Mahogany Market also has farm-to-table fresh fruits and vegetables. Other sections of Mahogany Market have a line of stalls that sold Tagaytay's famous Tawilis and other dried products (daing).
There are also a couple of souvenir shops adjacent to the meat market. Here you can buy coffee beans, espasol, and other souvenir items such as t-shirts, key chains, and purses that are labeled Tagaytay City.
List of Food Stalls / Karinderia at Mahogany Market
Here's a list of stalls that serve bulalo, tawilis and other Filipino food in Mahogany Market Tagaytay:
- Juddie's Best Bulalo
Hours: 24 Hours
- Alegre's Bulalohan
Hours: 24 Hours
Contact No: 09177410608
- Kristal Bulalocious
Contact No: None
- Japisean Canteen Bulalohan
Contact No: None
- Guañezo Canteen
Contact No: None
- Ferdie Gomez Bulalo Canteen
Hours: 7AM–9PM daily
Contact No: 09083735188
Prices at Mahogany Market
Here's a list of meat prices at Mahogany Market:
|Prices as of 2021|
For Bulalo and other food at the second level, here are the prices of the food on menu:
- SPECIAL BULALO – Php 350.00 (Good for 3 Persons)
- TAWILIS – Php 200.00 (Good for 3 Persons)
- OKOY (Shrimp Fritters) – Php 80.00
Here's a sample menu from one of the food stalls at Mahogany Market:
HOW TO GET TO MAHOGANY MARKET
The directions to Mahogany Market would vary depending on the mode of transportation used.
Via Private Vehicle
- Take the SLEX (South Luzon Expressway) from Metro Manila and exit at Sta. Rosa.
- Drive down Sta. Turn left on Rosa – Tagaytay Road, then right on Tagaytay – Calamba Road. When you reach Tagaytay Rotunda on the Tagaytay – Nasugbu Highway, turn right onto Mahogany Avenue. Finally, turn right at the Tagaytay Municipal Trial Court. Mahogany Beef Market is located behind the Tagaytay Hall of Justice and The MTC.
- Then ride another bus going to Tagaytay City. Ask the driver if he will pass by the Twin Lakes. If not, tell him to drop you off the nearest public transportation point going to Mahogany Avenue. Mahogany Beef Market is located behind the Tagaytay Hall of Justice and The MTC.
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN MANILA
Address: Mahogany Market, Mahogany Ave., Brgy. Kaybagal South, Tagaytay City
Business Hours: 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. (depending on the volume of visitors)
OTHER PLACES TO SPOT AND EAT BULALO IN TAGAYTAY
- Jaytee’s Classic Filipino Cuisine
- Josephine’s Restaurant
- Leslie’s Restaurant
- Diner’s Bulalo
- Tavern by the Lake
See my list of 10 Best Places (Restaurants) to Eat Bulalo in Tagaytay for more!
Finding Bulalo doesn't limit you in Tagaytay, here are other bulaluhan I have also tried near Tagaytay:
- Asiong Caviteño Restaurant - Silang
- Cheza’s Restaurant Walastik - Alfonso
ALSO IN TAGAYTAY
- 20+ TAGAYTAY TOURIST SPOTS: Must-Visit Places & Things to do in 2022
- Sky Ranch Tagaytay - Your Next Food Trip In The SOUTH
- Where To Eat in Tagaytay - Underrated But Worth-The-Money Eats In The City
- Tagaytay Wind Residences and its Amenities
- Have a Relaxing Stay at Casa Alegria Tagaytay
- CAFFE NATIVO - Your Artsy Local Coffee Shop in Tagaytay
- Puzzle Mansion Bed & Breakfast – The Largest Jigsaw Puzzle Collection In The World
- A Visit to Queens Strawberry Farm, Restaurant and Events Place in Alfonso, Cavite (How To Get There + Menu)
ACTIVITIES AND TOURS IN MANILA
WHERE TO STAY IN TAGAYTAY
- Casa Alegria - Check Rates and Availability
- La Bella Tagaytay - Check Rates and Availability
- Escala Tagaytay - Check Rates and Availability
- The Lakeview Suites - Check Rates and Availability
- Taal Vista Hotel - Check Rates and Availability
BUDGET STAY IN TAGAYTAY
- Containers by Eco Hotel - Check Rates and Availability
- HomeStay at Wind Residence - Check Rates and Availability
- Sang Yoo Mountain View Tagaytay - Check Rates and Availability
Also check out my list of 5 Tagaytay Hotels with breathtaking view of Taal
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without IMFWJ's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.
WHERE TO STAY IN TAGAYTAY:
mahogany market beef price 2022 mahogany market beef price 2021 mahogany market opening hours mahogany market bulalohan menu mahogany market price mahogany market menu mahogany market bulalo price 2021 mahogany market beef price 2020
Let us know your thoughts!