Learn the step-by-step guides on how to get PSA (formerly NSO) Birth Certificate online & different ways to get authenticated PSA Birth Certificate aside.
PSA Birth Certificate Requirements
- Application form from PSA
- Certificate fee of PHP 155.00
- Valid ID for both owner & document requester
- Authorization letter & ID of document owner & ID of the requester if the requester is not:
- document owner
- direct descendant
- legal guardian/institution in-charge
How to Get PSA Birth Certificate
There are 3 ways how to get PSA birth certificate: PSA branch office; PSA Birth Certificate Online; PSA Accredited Centers.
HELPFUL ITEMS YOU CAN USE TO SAVE MONEY!
Here's my list of useful items for you to save or earn money wisely:
- Coin banks
- Informative books about money, saving and investments!
- Money organizer
Shopee is my go-to app for things I needed like the ones above. If you'd like discounts and vouchers, you may get the best offers here:
1. Procedures in Getting PSA Birth Certificate at PSA Branch
The advantage of getting your PSA Birth Certificate at PSA branch is you will be able to receive your authenticated birth certificate within the day. The disadvantage is you might need to wait for a long queue. There are many applicants requesting for certificates every day.
To avoid long queue avoid Monday and visit the PSA branch early morning if you want to get your requested document before noon.
- Step 1: Fill out the application form at the PSA branch and submit it to the assessing officer to verify your details. Also, to check if your requirements are complete and accepted.
- Step 2: Go to the cashier and pay the application fee of PHP 155.00 per copy.
- Step 3: Wait for your PSA Birth Certificate to be released at the next window. Make sure to check your certificate for any correction or error before leaving the vicinity.
2. How to Get PSA Birth Certificate Online
The hassle-free, most convenient and easiest way to get PSA birth certificate is getting it online through PSAHelpline.ph (formerly NSOhelpline.com) and or PSAserbilis.com.ph.
This online service of PSA allow those people living overseas to request their own PSA document. To make sure you get an authentic copy of your PSA documents, only use either of the website I mentioned above as they are authorized by PSA.
Procedures in Getting PSA Birth Certificate Online
- Step 1: Visit any of the website I mentioned above that is PSA accredited, Select Order button to order your PSA Birth Certificate and provide your details.
- Step 2: Pay the processing fee of PHP 330.00 per copy using your credit card online, use your Bancnet card or pay thru an ATM. Also, payments are accepted through ECPay, 7-Eleven stores, GCash, and over the counter in all Security and Metrobank branches nationwide.
Fees here are higher compared to the first method in getting your PSA birth certificate because it covers delivery charges as well.
- Step 3: Document will be delivered anywhere in the Philippines within 2 to 7 working days depending on your location after the confirmation of payment. Make sure to leave a copy of your ID and the printed authorization letter you get from PSA website if you happen to go somewhere else during the time of the delivery date.
3. How to Get PSA Birth Certificate in SM Business Centers
SM and The Philippine Statistics Authority has a partnership to process PSA certificates to serve and facilitate Filipinos better. The usual release of certificates through SM business center is 7 days. The same requirements, valid ID, processing fee, and authorization letter if you have a representative.
Procedures in Getting PSA Birth Certificate in SM Business Center
- Step 1: Fill out the application form
- Step 2: PHP 155.00 pesos per copy plus PHP 25.00 service fee for each request if you request your PSA birth certificate through SM Business Center.
- Step 3: To claim your document at the releasing section of SM Business Services, make sure to bring the receipt, your authorization letter f you have a representative and valid ID.
That’s it! Which method of getting your PSA Birth Certificate will you use and why? Leave your comments below.
People Also Ask
What does Philippine Statistics Authority PSA do?
It shall primarily be responsible for all national censuses and surveys, sectoral statistics, community-based statistics, consolidation of selected administrative recording systems, and compilation of national accounts.
Is NSO issued birth certificate still valid?
The answer is yes. In June 2016, the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA), the central statistical authority of the Philippine government , clarified that the NSO birth certificate has no expiration and is still a valid document.
Acknowledgement: This article is sponsored by Usapang Hanapbuhay.
Bisitahin ang Usapang Hanapbuhay Facebook Group para sa iba pang tips at mga diskarte sa pera!
Like Usapang Hanapbuhay Facebook page for other updates!
how to get psa birth certificate online how to get psa birth certificate walk-in how to get psa birth certificate walk-in 2022 psa birth certificate online appointment psa online registration psa serbilis psa requirements psa birth certificate form psa birth certificate online psa birth certificate online appointment how to get psa birth certificate psa birth certificate find name psa birth certificate form how to get psa birth certificate walk-in psa birth certificate number psa online registration
Let us know your thoughts!