Here's a comprehensive guide for GSIS Educational Subsidy Program (GESP).
What is GSIS Educational Subsidy Program?
The GSIS Educational Subsidy Program (GESP) is a form of financial assistance to be given to dependents of qualified program recipients enrolled in any year level in a Commission on Higher Education (CHED) registered private or state college or university. GSIS aims to extend aid to more recipients and support its members’ aspiration to fulfil their dependent’s educational aspiration.
How Much Can I Get from GESP?
The GESP recipient shall be entitled to a subsidy of One Thousand Pesos (Php1,000.00) not to exceed Ten Thousand Pesos (Php10,000.00) per academic year. The GESP grant is non-transferable.
Who Can Avail GSIS Educational Subsidy Program?
All active GSIS members with permanent employment status may nominate a student-dependent provided that:
- They are at the salary grade (SG) 24 or below or its equivalent job level;
- The member’s GSIS account in good standing with premium payments, and with no underpaid loan or unpaid loan amortization of not more than three (3) months for the duration of the GESP grant per evaluation or verification process conducted by GSIS ; and
- They have college student dependents in any year level who are accepted in or taking up 4- or 5-year course in any SUC, LUC, or private college recognized by CHED.
The member shall be allowed to nominate one (1) student who meets the following qualifications:
- Must be a child/dependent of a member, including the child of a solo parent-member as defined under The Solo Parents’ Welfare Act;
- Must be a college student in any year level who is accepted in or taking up any 4-5 year course in any CHED registered SUC, LUC, or private college or university
- The student shall enroll in full load for each term as prescribed by the curriculum of the chosen course, immediately following the award of the educational subsidy and every term thereafter. No postponement of enrolment shall be allowed (except sickness, injury, transfer or residence or threat to security and safety, but subject for approval of the GSIS).
- The recipient may enroll in summer/ midterm class, but no subsidy shall be provided.
- The applicant’s dependent must have a general weighted average of at least 80% with no failing grade and incomplete mark in any subject.
- The qualified member’s dependent shall not be a recipient of any other educational or financial assistance program for the duration of the grant, including the GSIS Scholarship Program (GSP).
For applicants with sectoral group affiliation, please submit the following additional requirements:
- Endorsement from the head of agency/office attesting to the veracity of claim that you belong to the sector you have checked
- Original/certified true copy of government-issued authentication, i.e. PWD ID from the local social welfare development office (LSWDO) or National Council on Disability Affairs; Certificate of Confirmation of Tribal Membership from National Commission on Indigenous Peoples; and SP ID from LSWDO.
Requirements for GSIS Educational Subsidy Program
- Duly accomplished GESP APPLICATION FORM;
- Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) issued birth certificate of dependent (original or certified true copy);
- Certificate from the school that the student is accepted or enrolled during the current Academic Year, and stating thereon the course, the duration of the course, and year level of the student;
- Report Card or School Certification stating that the general weighted average of the applicant’s dependent is at least 80% with no failing grade and incomplete mark incurred in any subject within the preceding semester/ term of the academic year
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN MANILA
GSIS Educational Subsidy Program Application Process
- Eligible GSIS members may download the same from the GSIS website (www.gsis.gov.ph) for processing together with the requirements.
- It must be submitted to the nearest GSIS office or via drop box located in the GSIS lobby
- The list of qualified students shall be posted in the GSIS website and official GSIS social Media accounts. The qualified member shall be notified by CCO and/ or the branch offices through phone, mail, and/or text message of the result of the evaluation.
- The member and student/ recipient shall be given sixty (60) days from the first date of publication to submit the following requirements at the nearest GSIS office
For New Student Grantee:
- duly signed and notarized agreement;
- Information Sheet with latest 2×2 I.D. pictures (2 pieces); and
- LBP Account Number
For Old Grantees:
- Certified True Copy of all the grades for the preceding term and
- Certificate of Registration of the current term
* Failure to submit said requirements within the prescriptive period shall render the subsidy forfeited.
Corporate Social Advocacies and Public Relations Facilities Department
Direct line: (02)-84793571 / (02)-84793572
Mobile no.: 09157364175