The DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship stands as a beacon of educational excellence in the Philippines, offering talented and deserving students the opportunity to pursue their dreams in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields.
This scholarship not only provides financial support but also nurtures the country's future scientists and innovators, fostering a brighter and more technologically advanced future.
DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship
Students who want to pursue a career in science and technology can apply for undergraduate scholarships in the Philippines through the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) S&T Undergraduate Scholarships Program.
See more DOST Scholarship Programs
Under this program, scholars can get ₱80,000 - ₱120,000 per year.
Applicants should be members of the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) strand in high school or belong to the top 5% of the class for the non-STEM strand.
- Natural-born Filipino citizen
- “Poor, talented, and deserving” students who belong to a family whose socio-economic status does not exceed the set values of certain indicators;
- Residents of the municipality, as attested by the barangay
- In good health and of good moral character
- Must not have any post-secondary or undergraduate units
- Have not taken any previous DOST-SEI examination or have taken the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Examination but did not qualify for the scholarship
- Qualifier for the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship but did not avail of the award
- Must pass the S&T Scholarship Examination
DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship Requirements
- Certificate of Good Moral Character (Form C)
- Certificate of Good Health (Form D)
- Principal's Certification (Form E1 or E2): Form E1- if the applicant belongs to the senior high school STEM strand class and Form E2 - if the applicant belongs to the upper 5% of the NON-STEM strand senior high school graduating class
- Certificate of Residency (Form F)
- Parent's Certification(Form G)
- Applicant’s Certification of No Post-Secondary Units (Form I)
- Signed Declaration by the applicant and the Parent/Legal Guardian (Form J)
- Recent passport-size picture
- Birth Certificate
- Parent/s recent Income Tax Return / W2 / Employment Contract for OFW / BIR Cert. of Exemption from Filing of ITR / Brgy. Cert. of Indigency
DOST Priority Courses
Here are a few of the many courses you may consider when applying for a DOST college scholarship:
- Applied Mathematics
- Information and Communications Technology
- Materials Engineering
- Astronomy Technology
- Mathematics and Science Teaching
- Bachelor in Technology and Livelihood Education with Specialization in Information and Communications Technology
How to Apply for a Scholarship from the DOST
Once this education scholarship in the Philippines from the DOST is available, follow the steps below to apply:
- Download an application form online via www.science-scholarships.ph or contact any DOST and regional offices.
- Fill out the form and submit the requirements.
- Check the SEI website at sei.dost.gov.ph for announcements of scholarship qualifiers. A Notice of Award will be sent to scholarship applicants who qualify.
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN MANILA
For any inquiries on how to get a scholarship in the Philippines through DOST, contact the S&T Scholarship Division through the following channels:
Telephone number: (02) 8830 8876
Mobile number: 09278868816
ACTIVITIES AND TOURS IN MANILA
Other Scholarship Programs in the Philippines
- CHED Scholarship
- TESDA Scholarships
- DOST Scholarships
- GSIS Scholarship
- SM Foundation Scholarship
- Ayala Foundation Scholarship
- Metrobank Foundation Scholarship
- Gokongwei Brothers Foundation Scholarship
- Megaworld Foundation Scholarship
- MVP Academic Achievement Award
- DOH Pre-Service Scholarship Program
- L.A.N.I. Scholarship
Also check out my list of College and Postgraduate Scholarships in the Philippines