Welcome to the GSIS Scholarship, an initiative by the Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) in the Philippines dedicated to supporting the education of bright and deserving Filipino students.
GSIS believes in the power of education to transform lives and empower individuals to contribute meaningfully to society. Through GSIS scholarship program, the agency aims to nurture talent, promote academic excellence, and pave the way for a brighter future for the youth of the nation.
What is GSIS Scholarship Program?
A GSIS Scholarship Program (GSP) aims to extend aid to children or dependents of low-income GSIS members and permanent total disability (PTD) pensioners below 60 years of age. The pension fund will shoulder the tuition and miscellaneous fees up to Php40,000.00 per academic year and Php3,000 allowance per month of each scholar. They have made available 400 scholarship, 40 will be allotted to dependents of persons with disabilities, indigenous peoples, and solo or single parents.
All permanent employees in the government with at least three (3) years of service and with salary grade of 24 or below or its equivalent job level and are active and regular GSIS members at the time of application with premium payments for the last six (6) months are eligible to apply.
Likewise, all Permanent Total Disability (PTD) pensioners who are below sixty (60) years of age may nominate their children for scholarship, with their last compensation to be used as basis for the selection process. From hereon, PTD pensioners shall also be referred to as “members”.
GSIS Scholarship Benefits
The pension fund will shoulder the tuition and miscellaneous fees up to Php40,000.00 per academic year and Php3,000 allowance per month of each scholar.
The member / PTD pensioner is allowed to nominate one (1) scholar who meets the following qualifications:
- Must be a child of a member, including the child/dependent of solo parent-member as defined under The Solo Parents’ Welfare Act or the dependent of a childless married or single member; and
- An incoming college freshman-dependent who is accepted in or taking up any 4- or 5-year course at schools identified by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) in a Higher Education Institution (HEI) with its own charter or a school qualified by the CHED as Levels IV and III, Autonomous or Deregulated.
GSIS Scholarship Requirements
For all applicants, please submit the following requirements to the nearest GSIS office for processing:
- Duly accomplished GSIS Scholarship Application Form
- Certificate of Employment
- Certification from the school that the nominated scholar is accepted as incoming college freshman during the current academic year
- Dependent’s Birth Certificate
- GSIS Print out of Business Partner (BP) Number – please coordinate with the GSIS frontline information officer
For applicants with sectoral group affiliation, please submit the following additional requirements:
- Endorsement from the head of agency/office attesting to the veracity of claim that you belong to the sector you have checked
- Original/certified true copy of government-issued authentication, i.e. PWD ID from the local social welfare development office (LSWDO) or National Council on Disability Affairs; Certificate of Confirmation of Tribal Membership from National Commission on Indigenous Peoples; and SP ID from LSWDO.
How to Apply for GSIS Scholarship
- Eligible GSIS members may download the same from the GSIS website (www.gsis.gov.ph) for processing together with the requirements.
- It must be submitted to the nearest GSIS office or via email at email@example.com. Only those who complied with abovementioned requirements are qualified to apply
- Four hundred (400) scholarship slots shall be allotted proportionately per region. Applicants who meet the abovementioned qualifications and have the lowest annual basic salary shall be given priority. In case applicants have the same annual basic salary, preference shall be given to the applicant with the longest length of service.
- Scholars shall be given thirty (30) days, from the first date of publication of the list of qualifiers in a newspaper of general circulation, within which to submit the following requirements at the nearest GSIS Office:
- Information Sheet with latest 2 x 2 I.D. pictures (2 pieces); and
- Enrollment Assessment Form (if already available).
Telephone no.: (02) 8976-4970
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN MANILA
GSIS is proud to invest in the education of promising Filipino students, empowering them to achieve their dreams and make a positive impact on the world. If you have any further inquiries or wish to apply for GSIS scholarship, please visit their official website.
ACTIVITIES AND TOURS IN MANILA
Other Scholarship Programs in the Philippines
- CHED Scholarship
- TESDA Scholarships
- DOST Scholarships
- GSIS Scholarship
- SM Foundation Scholarship
- Ayala Foundation Scholarship
- Metrobank Foundation Scholarship
- Gokongwei Brothers Foundation Scholarship
- Megaworld Foundation Scholarship
- MVP Academic Achievement Award
- DOH Pre-Service Scholarship Program
- L.A.N.I. Scholarship
Also check out my list of College and Postgraduate Scholarships in the Philippines