The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and the Unified Financial Assistance System for Tertiary Education (UNIFAST) have collaborated to offer the CHED-UNIFAST Scholarship, providing crucial financial support to deserving Filipino students pursuing higher education.
This guide aims to assist students in understanding the application process, eligibility criteria, and benefits associated with the CHED-UNIFAST Scholarship.
Understanding UniFAST Scholarship
The CHED-UniFAST Scholarship is a financial assistance program designed to help economically disadvantaged students access higher education.
The scholarship covers various forms of aid, including tuition and other school fee subsidies, stipends, book allowances, transportation allowances, and more, depending on the specific program.
Financial Need: Applicants must demonstrate financial need, typically based on the family's economic background.
Academic Performance: While some programs consider academic merit, others prioritize students from underprivileged backgrounds.
UniFAST Available Programs
Tertiary Education Subsidy (TES): TES is a financial grant awarded to students in state universities and colleges (SUCs) or local universities and colleges (LUCs) who are not covered by the Free Higher Education Law (RA 10931).
Study Now, Pay Later Plan (SNPLP): SNPLP offers interest-free loans to eligible students who can repay the loan after graduation and gainful employment.
- Income Documents: Prepare documents such as income tax returns, certificates of employment, or affidavits of income to prove financial need.
- Academic Records: Keep copies of your high school transcripts, certificates, and other relevant academic documents.
- Identification Documents: Have your valid ID, birth certificate, and other necessary identification documents ready.
UniFAST Application Process
- Visit the official CHED-UNIFAST Scholarship website or designated application portal.
- Create an account and complete the application form. Provide accurate information and upload the required documents, such as proof of financial need, academic records, and identification documents.
- Submit the application before the specified deadline. Late submissions are typically not considered.
Tips on Application
- Regularly check your application status on the CHED-UNIFAST portal.
- Respond promptly to any requests for additional information or documents. Timely responses are crucial for your application's progress.
- Prepare for possible interviews.
- Some programs might require an interview as part of the selection process.
- Practice common interview questions and present yourself confidently and professionally.
- If selected, ensure you fulfill the scholarship requirements, including maintaining good academic standing and participating in CHED-UNIFAST-sponsored activities.
- Familiarize yourself with the terms and conditions of the scholarship and adhere to them.
If you have questions or concerns about the application process, seek assistance from your school's guidance counselor or contact CHED-UNIFAST directly for clarification.
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN MANILA
The CHED-UNIFAST Scholarship opens doors to higher education for many deserving Filipino students. By following these steps and staying diligent throughout the application process, you increase your chances of successfully obtaining this valuable scholarship.
Remember, these scholarships are designed to empower you and provide you with opportunities for a brighter future, so make the most out of this chance for your education and personal growth.
For updates and announcements, visit UniFAST on the following links:
ACTIVITIES AND TOURS IN MANILA
Other Scholarship Programs in the Philippines
- CHED Scholarship
- TESDA Scholarships
- DOST Scholarships
- GSIS Scholarship
- SM Foundation Scholarship
- Ayala Foundation Scholarship
- Metrobank Foundation Scholarship
- Gokongwei Brothers Foundation Scholarship
- Megaworld Foundation Scholarship
- MVP Academic Achievement Award
- DOH Pre-Service Scholarship Program
- L.A.N.I. Scholarship
Also check out my list of College and Postgraduate Scholarships in the Philippines