The Gokongwei Brothers Foundation has opened the application for TeachSTEM College Degree Scholarship to all eligible students!
What is TeachSTEM Scholarship Program?
The GBF TeachSTEM Scholarship Program supports aspiring and practicing educators who champion STEM in their schools and communities. Aside from supporting scholars through grants to complete their degrees, TeachSTEM also provides scholars with opportunities that will equip them in fostering a STEM-oriented culture among Filipino learners and educational stakeholders.
TeachSTEM Scholarship Benefits
1. Scholarship Grant
- Fixed annual grant
- Public University: PHP 65,000
- Private University: PHP 85,000
- Education from esteemed Centers of Excellence/ Development
- Scholarship grants sent directly to RBank accounts of scholars
- Financial grants may be used for educational expenses like tuition, books, supplies, living expenses and conduct of research
2. Scholar Development programs
- Access to capacity-building programs (i.e. leadership, upskilling, subject content)
- A chance to be part of an educators community
- Continue to serve in the public sector while completing your course
1. Must be a college student taking a Bachelor's Degree in general elementary or secondary education specializing in Science, Technology, or Mathemathics.
2. Must have no failed, dropped, or incomplete grades in the previous academic year.
3. Must have a general average of at least eighty-five percent (85%) or its equivalent.
4. Must enroll minimum academic load prescribed & complete program within the recommended period.
5. Must be of good moral character.
6. In need of financial support to complete studies.
7. Preferably not a recipient of other scholarships.
1. Proof of Enrollment/Admission for AY 2022-2023 (with letter of intent to enroll)
2. Certified true copy of grades reflecting GWA from the previous Academic Year
3. Proof of household income (e.g., ITR, Certificate of Indigency, Certificate of Low Income, 2 recent payslips)
4. Certificate of Good Moral Character
5. Philosophy of Teaching essay
6. Recommendation Form
7. Consent from legal guardian (for applicants under 18 years old)
8. One colored 2x2 picture
Scholars will serve as STEM teachers in any public K-12 schools for a period equivalent to the duration of their scholarship preferably in their hometown.
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN MANILA
TeachSTEM Scholarship Application Process
STEP 1: Eligibility Screening
- Accomplishment of Application Form
- Submission of Documentary Requirements
STEP 2: Live Online Exam
- Competency Test
STEP 3: Panel Interview
- Panel Interview
ACTIVITIES AND TOURS IN MANILA
Other Scholarship Programs in the Philippines
- CHED Scholarship
- TESDA Scholarships
- DOST Scholarships
- GSIS Scholarship
- SM Foundation Scholarship
- Ayala Foundation Scholarship
- Metrobank Foundation Scholarship
- Gokongwei Brothers Foundation Scholarships
- Megaworld Foundation Scholarship
- MVP Academic Achievement Award
- DOH Pre-Service Scholarship Program
- L.A.N.I. Scholarship
Also check out my list of College and Postgraduate Scholarships in the Philippines