The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) Scholarship is a valuable program in the Philippines designed to provide financial assistance to deserving students pursuing higher education.
This guide aims to provide a comprehensive overview of the CHED Scholarship program, detailing the application process, eligibility criteria, and benefits, empowering students to navigate the application process successfully.
Understanding CHED Scholarship
The CHED Scholarship program provides financial support to qualified Filipino students enrolled in selected colleges and universities across the country.
- ₱120,000 for private colleges and universities
- ₱80,000 for public colleges and universities
- General weighted average (GWA) of 96% or above for Full State Scholarship Program (FSSP) and Full Private Education Student Financial Assistance (FPESPA)
- GWA of 93% but not more than 95% for half scholarships in CHED (SSP and PESPA)
Scholars are expected to maintain good academic standing, participate in CHED-sponsored activities, and complete the degree program within the prescribed period.
- Filipino citizens graduating from high school
- Parents of applicants must have a maximum combined annual gross income of ₱400,000 (Solo parents and guardians' annual income must not exceed the said amount.
- Applicants must avail of only one government-funded financial assistance program.
For Undergraduate Scholarships:
- Filipino citizen.
- Graduated from a recognized high school or senior high school program.
- Must not be more than 30 years old at the time of application.
- Must not have enrolled in any degree program.
- Must have a combined annual gross income of parents/guardians not exceeding the prescribed maximum limit.
For Graduate Scholarships:
- Must be a Filipino citizen.
- Holder of a Bachelor’s degree relevant to the graduate program.
- Passed the entrance examination for graduate studies if applicable.
- Must not be more than 35 years old at the time of application.
- Must not have any government or private scholarship grant.
CHED Scholarship Requirements
Requirements for a scholarship in the Philippines, such as one from CHED, can be a lot. So make sure to prepare them early:
- Certified True Copy of Birth Certificate
- Report card from high school and duly certified true copy of grades for Grade 11 and 1st Semester of Grade 12 for graduating high school students
- Income documents can be any of the following:
- Latest ITR of parents or guardians, if employed
- Certificate of Tax Exemption from the BIR
- Certificate of Indigency from the barangay
- Certificate/case study report from DSWD
- The latest copy of contract or proof of income for children of OFWs and seafarers
CHED Priority Courses
Before applying, note that CHED has a list of priority courses applicants should enroll in.
- Engineering and Technology - Examples of programs under this discipline include Food Engineering, Geodetic Engineering, and Industrial Engineering
- Science and Mathematics - Courses include Biochemistry, Biology, Botany, Chemistry, Environmental Science, and Geology.
- Information Technology Education - Courses under this include Computer Science, Cyber Security, and Game Development and Animation.
STEP 1: Visit the official CHED website to access the online application portal.
- National Capital Region - csp-application.chedro-ncr.com/application/index.htm
- Cordillera Administrative Region - chedcar.com
- Region 1 - stufaps.chedro1.com/application2023/home
- Region 2 - stufaps.chedregion2.com
- Region 3 - chedro3.ched.gov.ph
- Region 4 - chedcalabarzon.com
- Region 5 - chedro5stufap.com
- Region 6 and 7 - See official Facebook page for announcements
- Region 8 - chedro8stufap.com
- Region 9 - chedro9.ph
- Region 10 - ro10.ched.gov.ph
- Region 11 - stufaps.chedroxi.com
- Region 12 - See official Facebook page for announcements
- CHED CARAGA Region - chedcaraga.ph
- BARMM - Link not yet available
STEP 2: Create an account and complete the application form with accurate and updated information.
STEP 3: Upload the required documents, including academic records, proof of income, and identification documents.
STEP 4: Submit the application within the specified deadline.
Selection and Evaluation
Applications are evaluated based on academic excellence, family income, and other relevant criteria.
Shortlisted candidates might be required to undergo interviews or additional assessments.
Final selection results are published on the CHED website and other official channels.
Renewal and Monitoring
Scholars are typically required to renew their scholarship every semester or academic year.
Scholars' academic performance and compliance with the scholarship requirements are regularly monitored.
Appeals and Grievances
CHED has established protocols for addressing appeals and grievances related to the scholarship program. Students can follow the official channels for raising concerns and seeking resolutions.
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN MANILA
The CHED Scholarship is a gateway to higher education for many deserving Filipino students. By understanding the application process, eligibility criteria, benefits, and obligations outlined in this guide, prospective applicants can prepare thoroughly and increase their chances of securing this valuable scholarship.
Pursuing higher education becomes more accessible and achievable with the support of the CHED Scholarship program, empowering students to build a brighter future for themselves and contribute meaningfully to society.
ACTIVITIES AND TOURS IN MANILA
Other Scholarship Programs in the Philippines
- CHED Scholarship
- TESDA Scholarships
- DOST Scholarships
- GSIS Scholarship
- SM Foundation Scholarship
- Ayala Foundation Scholarship
- Metrobank Foundation Scholarship
- Gokongwei Brothers Foundation Scholarship
- Megaworld Foundation Scholarship
- MVP Academic Achievement Award
- DOH Pre-Service Scholarship Program
- L.A.N.I. Scholarship
Also check out my list of College and Postgraduate Scholarships in the Philippines