The Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act, also known as Republic Act 10931 (UAQTEA), is a significant legislation in the Philippines that ensures the provision of free education for all. Under this act, students can access education without the burden of tuition fees, and additional benefits such as free competency assessments, allowances, and toolkits are also provided.
Here's a comprehensive guide to help you understand and make the most of the UAQTEA.
To know more, visit my list of TESDA Scholarship Programs
UAQTEA, established under Republic Act 10931, guarantees free education in state universities and colleges (SUCs), local universities and colleges (LUCs), and state-run technical-vocational institutions. This initiative aims to make quality tertiary education accessible to all Filipino citizens, ensuring equal opportunities for learning and skill development.
To qualify for the benefits provided by UAQTEA, students must meet the following criteria:
- Completed ten years of basic education and other specific requirements stated in the Training Regulation of the chosen course.
- Undergone the National Career Assessment Examination (NCAE), Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT), or Youth Profiling for Starring Careers (YP4SC) Profiling.
- Not a college graduate.
- Does not hold a National Certificate III or higher, except if enrolled in Level IV bundled programs or Diploma courses.
- Not a recipient of a scholarship grant from other government agencies.
- Filipino citizen.
Availing the Benefits
To avail the benefits of UAQTEA, follow these steps:
- Choose an eligible course in a state university, college, or state-run technical-vocational institution.
- Ensure you meet the specific requirements outlined in the Training Regulation of your chosen course.
- Undergo the necessary assessments as mandated by the law.
- Enroll in the selected program and enjoy the privilege of free education, including allowances for necessary expenses and free toolkits for technical-vocational courses.
Applying for UAQTEA
Visit the official website of the chosen state university, college, or technical-vocational institution. Complete the application form and provide all required documents, including proof of eligibility, academic records, and identification documents. Attend any interviews or assessments scheduled by the educational institution.
Making the Most of UAQTEA
Actively engage in your chosen educational program, making the most of the knowledge and skills offered. Utilize the allowances and toolkits provided to enhance your learning experience.
Seek academic support and guidance from professors and mentors to excel in your studies. Take advantage of the opportunity to gain a quality education without the financial burden of tuition fees.
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN MANILA
By understanding and fulfilling the eligibility criteria, Filipino citizens can access quality tertiary education through the Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act. UAQTEA empowers individuals to pursue higher education and acquire essential skills, enabling them to contribute meaningfully to the nation's progress and development.
ACTIVITIES AND TOURS IN MANILA
List of TESDA Scholarship Programs
- Training for Work Scholarship Program (TWSP)
- Private Education Student Financial Assistance (PESFA)
- Special Training for Employment Program (STEP)
- Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES)
- Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act (UAQTEA)
- TESDA Women's Center (TWC)
- Barangay Kabuhayan Skills Training Program (BKSTP)