The Army Recruitment Office Luzon, often abbreviated as ARO Luzon, is a crucial branch of the Philippine Army responsible for recruiting new soldiers from Luzon, the largest and most populous island in the Philippines.
This office plays a pivotal role in identifying and enlisting individuals who possess the qualities necessary to serve in the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and contribute to the country's national defense.
ARO Luzon conducts various recruitment initiatives and programs throughout the year. These efforts are aimed at attracting young and qualified individuals who are willing to serve their country and join the ranks of the Philippine Army.
The recruitment office ensures that candidates meet the eligibility criteria set by the Armed Forces of the Philippines. This includes being a natural-born Filipino citizen, having good moral character, being physically and mentally fit, and meeting the educational requirements specified for officers and enlisted personnel.
Pre-Screening and Testing
Prospective recruits undergo a series of assessments, including the Armed Forces of the Philippines Service Aptitude Test (AFPSAT), to evaluate their cognitive abilities and aptitude for military service. These tests help identify candidates suitable for various roles within the Army.
Physical Fitness Evaluation
Physical fitness is a crucial aspect of military service. Candidates are evaluated based on their performance in physical fitness tests, which typically include running, push-ups, sit-ups, and other exercises. Maintaining excellent physical condition is essential for successful enlistment.
Medical and Background Checks
Comprehensive medical and dental examinations are conducted to ensure candidates are in good health and free from any disqualifying conditions. Background checks are also carried out to assess the candidates' moral character and suitability for military service.
Training and Induction
Once candidates successfully pass all assessments, they undergo Basic Military Training (BMT) at training centers like the Army Recruitment Training Center (ARTC). During BMT, recruits receive rigorous training in military discipline, physical conditioning, and basic military skills.
ARO Luzon provides information about the various career paths and specialties within the Philippine Army. This includes roles in infantry, engineering, medical services, intelligence, and more. Recruits are guided to choose career paths that align with their skills and interests.
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN MANILA
How to Get to Army Recruitment Office (ARO Luzon)
Army Recruitment Office - Luzon is located inside the CMOR Compound, Lawton Avenue, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City. To get to ARO Luzon, you can follow these general directions from a central location in Metro Manila:
By Car or Private Vehicle:
- From Makati or BGC: If you are in Makati or Bonifacio Global City (BGC), take Lawton Avenue heading towards Fort Bonifacio.
- Enter Fort Bonifacio: Continue on Lawton Avenue until you reach the entrance gate of Fort Bonifacio. Fort Bonifacio is a well-known business and residential district, so you can ask for directions from security personnel at the gate.
- Navigate Inside Fort Bonifacio: Once inside Fort Bonifacio, follow the road signs or ask for directions to Lawton Avenue. CMOR Compound is located along Lawton Avenue.
- Arrival at CMOR Compound: Look for the specific address of CMOR Compound on Lawton Avenue, as it is a large area with various buildings. You might need to ask locals or security personnel within Fort Bonifacio for more precise directions to CMOR Compound.
By Public Transportation:
- From Makati or BGC: You can take a taxi, ride-sharing service, or a jeepney heading to Fort Bonifacio. Alternatively, you can take the BGC Bus if you are coming from Bonifacio Global City.
- Inside Fort Bonifacio: Once inside Fort Bonifacio, you can either take a local jeepney route or a tricycle to reach Lawton Avenue.
- Arrival at CMOR Compound: Ask the jeepney or tricycle driver to drop you off at CMOR Compound along Lawton Avenue. Make sure to confirm the location with the driver before boarding.