Tara dito, kaibigan, sa Kabigan Falls!
Don’t miss a chance to dip in and swim in the cold and crystal clear waters of this waterfalls found in Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte!
ABOUT KABIGAN FALLS
Kabigan Falls is a very popular place to visit when in Pagudpud and lie in Barangay Balaoi. The cool waters cascade some 87 feet into a natural concave basin and its somewhat spectacular when there is plenty of water flowing. The name is derived from the word “kaibigan” or “magkaibigan”.
Kabigan is also surrounded by tall green trees that form part of this lush secluded rainforest, making it very cold especially during the wet season.
OTHER TOURIST SPOTS IN PAGUDPUD
- MAIRA-IRA BEACH: The Blue Lagoon of Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte (Dos Hermanos, Bantay Abot Cave and Timmantang Rock)
- PATAPAT VIADUCT: Connecting Ilocos Norte and Cagayan Valley
- SAUD BEACH: The Best Uncrowded Beach in Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte
For detailed itinerary and complete tourist spots to visit, read my Pagudpud DIY Travel Guide.
GOING TO KABIGAN FALLS
The Kabigan Falls are easily accessible about 1.5 kilometers from the national highway. It’s an easy 30 minute walk and you can rent an off road vehicle at the entrance.
|A river coming from Kabigan Waterfalls|
Many tricycles around Pagudpud offer this daily tour that can take you throughout all the major attraction around the town of Pagudpud. This includes the Bangui Wind Farm, Kapurpurawan Rock Formation, and the Cape Bojeador Lighthouse.
ENTRANCE TO KABIGAN FALLS
Kabigan Falls has an entrance fee of Php 20 which helps support the preservation area. You can hire a local Kabigan Falls guide for Php 100.
THINGS TO DO AT KABIGAN FALLS
Here are best and fun activities you can do for your visit to Kabigan Falls:
- Trekking and hiking
The Kabigan Falls is well worth it to include on your Pagudpud day tripping tour. A short hike through some romantic sceneries, towards a waterfall that provides some fantastically refreshing swimming water for all to enjoy.
See more waterfalls in the Philippines.
WHAT TO PACK FOR PAGUDPUD
Here are some things you might consider bringing with you for your day tour / adventure:
- Stylish face mask
- Water container/tumbler to rehydrate
- Sunscreen for skin protection
- Goggles for swimming or snorkeling
- Stylish Swimsuit
- Travel backpack / luggage
- Reusable vacuum storage packs
- Selfie stick
- Waterproof phone case
- Acion cam
- Camping tent
- WiFi kit
- Power bank
OTHER TOURIST SPOTS IN PAGUDPUDHere are the other tourist attractions you must see yourself when you visit Pagudpud:
- Blue Lagoon (Maira-Ira Beach) - The Blue Lagoon or Maira-ira as it also popularly known is located in Malingay Cove in Sitio Malingay.
- Saud Beach - The jewel in the crown of Pagudpud is Saud Beach, with its renowned wonderful fine white sand.
- Bantay Abot Cave - Derived its name to two Ilocano words “bantay” for mountain and “abot” for hole that is used to refer to it as a mountain hole.
- Timmantang Rock - This rock by the sea is the other half of the legendary Lover’s Rock. This bell-shaped structure is just a few meters away from Bantay Abot and was said to have been part of it once.
- Dos Hermanos - At one end of the bay is the Nacatnagan Cliff in the east and the Dos Hermanos islands in the north, both popular destinations for tourists.
- Patapat Viaduct - Yes, Patapat Viaduct has one of the most scenic spots in Pagudpud. It gives you a beautiful glance of the windy and wavy Pasaleng Bay.
WHERE TO STAY IN PAGUDPUD
Pagudpud is packed with best and budget-friendly resorts and hostels to choose from. Here's a list of accommodation in Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte:
Accommodation in Saud Beach
Accommodation near Blue Lagoon
Other accommodation in Pagudpud
- Natsuca Beach Resort (Sitio Aprot, Brgy. Caparispisan)
- Alta Vista Ilocandia Inc. (Sitio Ayoyo, Brgy. Caparispisan)
- Pannzian Beach Resort (Pasaleng Beach)
Check out my Ilocos Travel Guide:
- TOP 10 Must-See Sights in Ilocos Norte (Best Tourist Spots!)
- The Sinking Bell Tower of Laoag City
- Bangui Wind Turbines, the First Wind Farm in the Philippines
- Malacañang of the North and the Marcoses
- Patapat Viaduct - Connecting Ilocos and Cagayan Valley
- 4x4 Adventure at Paoay Sand Dunes
- Saint Augustine Church AKA Paoay Church
- La Virgen Milagrosa Chapel of Badoc
- Blue Lagoon, The Boracay of the North
- Kapurpurawan Rock Formation of Burgos
- Cape Bojeador Lighthouse of Burgos
- Marcos Museum and Mausoleum in Batac
- 10 Ilocano Food That Will Make You Crave For
Have fun, Juan!
WHERE TO STAY IN ILOCOS NORTE:
kabigan falls wikipedia kabigan falls trek kabigan falls in ilocos norte kabigan falls location kabigan falls entrance fee kabigan falls history kapurpurawan rock formation kabigan falls activities
Let us know your thoughts!