Here's your quick guide on how you can apply and be approved for a US visa!
Perhaps not all of us, but mostly Filipinos wanted to visit United States of America even just for awhile. As we have seen the Hollywood on movies or television and the different landmarks abroad, we always have this excitement and fantasy hoping that one day we could also take a glimpse in that city.
Everything is possible. If you want to make your dreams come true, then work for it and strive for it. Going abroad requires a lot of money. That’s why you also need to prepare your pocket.
When you already set your money going to America, then this article is what you’re looking for to help you on how to apply your tourist Visa.
Philippine citizens are required to apply first a tourist visa before they are permitted to enter the United States.
STEPS HOW TO APPLY TOURIST VISA
STEP 1: Pay the visa application fee.
- The first thing to do is to pay the application fee by using a U.S. Visa application payment slip before going to the bank for payment. Use the slip before it will expire or else you have to get another one for the payment. The current application fee is 160 US dollars or 7,680 Philippine peso equivalent. There are still three options in paying for the fee: you can pay in cash through BPI, pay online provided by BPI for their customers or pay online through Bancnet.
- Payment per visa class must be made if there is payment for more than one person. Visa applications are non-refundable and non-transferable and the interview must be done within one-year period from receipt of payment.
STEP 2: Complete the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) form.
- You need to prepare the required documents to show to the interviewee your papers. The mandatory required documents are DS-160 Online Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application which you can access from the Consular Electronic Application Center. Please take note of your barcode number for usage.
STEP 3: Schedule your appointment. You will need three pieces of information in order to schedule your appointment:
- Your passport number
- Your MRV fee payment receipt number
- The ten (10) digit barcode number from your DS-160 confirmation page
You need to have a passport to present. The passport must be in good condition. All previous passports must also be shown. If loss, a notarized affidavit of loss is needed.
You also need to bring a colored 2 x 2 picture taken within 6 months before your scheduled interview. The background should be white, ears should be exposed, facing the camera with open eyes and with neutral facial expression in full view.
You may call (02) 976-8500 to 02 for calls within the Philippines to set an interview. You can also book online appointment through http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph. If you travel as a group, it is better to apply as a group for faster processing of visa.
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN MANILA
STEP 4: Visit the U.S. Embassy/Consulate on the date and time of your visa interview.
- Applicants are encouraged to arrive 15 minutes before the time at the Embassy gate for convenience.
- You will need to bring a printed copy of your appointment letter, your DS-160 confirmation page, one recent photograph, your current passport and all old passports. Applications without all of these items will not be accepted.
- If there is an extension of stay or change of status, please bring the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services form.
- Additional requirements may be needed base on the visa class that you are applying.
- If you need an interpreter for the interview, you can request for one before the interviewing officer.
After the interview, the applicant will immediately know the result of the visa application.
ACTIVITIES AND TOURS IN MANILA
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without IMFWJ's notice. Should you know the updated information, please let us know by leaving a message in the comment box below.
WHERE TO GO IN THE US
Here are some of the Top Tourist Destinations to see and visit in the USA:
u.s. visa appointment us tourist visa application philippines can b1/b2 visa enter us now covid u.s. visa application online visitor visa u.s. tourist visa application philippines 2022 b2 visa application u.s. tourist visa requirements 2021 u.s. visa for child below 14 years philippines u.s. visa application for minors us tourist visa application philippines u.s. visa application philippines 2021 u.s. visa for child under 14 u.s. visa renewal philippines 2021 dropbox interview waiver u.s. visa philippines u.s. visa renewal philippines
Let us know your thoughts!