Doña Aurora Aragon-Quezon House in Baler wonderfully represents the culture of Filipino homes with its simple and modest architecture. Nipa huts like this have been sheltering Filipinos long before the Spaniards came.
|Façade of Doña Aurora Aragon-Quezon|
This traditional house is locally known as “Bahay Kubo” and is still common in many provinces and rural areas here in the Philippines. The house is still standing on an average sized corner lot. A noticeable wooden house wrapped with nipa roofs.
For detailed itinerary and complete tourist spots to visit, read my Baler DIY Travel Guide.
ABOUT AURORA ARAGON QUEZON
Aurora Aragon-Quezon was born to Pedro Aragon and Zeneida Molina on February 19, 1888 in Baler, a remote coastal town in Tayabas which is now Aurora Province.
Aurora was technically the second First Lady of the Philippines (next to Hilaria Aguinaldo, wife of the first Philippine President Emilio Aguinaldo) but was not considered until Victoria Quirino who was officially regarded as the first to be named with the role "First Lady".
The former first lady Aurora Quezon was involved in the Girl Scouts of the Philippines and an orphanage called Associación de Damas Filipinas. Aurora was notably the first chairman of Philippine Red Cross where she and her daughters volunteered as nurses. Due to the legacy that she left, a former sub-province and now a separate one was named after her. The Aurora Boulevard is also named after her.
WHAT TO PACK FOR BALER
Shopee is my go-to app for things I needed like the ones above. If you'd like discounts and vouchers, you may get the best offers here:
BEFORE GOING TO AURORA ARAGON QUEZON HOUSE
Here are some things you may consider before visiting Doña Aurora Aragon-Quezon House:
- The Doña Aurora House Entrance Fee is Php15 and you can avail the Php30 Package from Museo De Baler which gives you access on both facilities.
- It is a two story wooden house with concrete basement.
- There is really nothing much to see and a 10-15 minutes tour is enough to explore the place.
- There are comfort rooms available.
WHAT TO SEE INSIDE AURORA ARAGON QUEZON HOUSE
If you are into ancestral houses, Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar must be your top destination in the Philippines. But here in Baler, they have Doña Aurora Aragon-Quezon House at least.
- Old house chores such as plates, utensils, pot and other tableware.
- Murals and old paintings of Quezon Family.
- Old books.
- Wooden chairs, cabinets and other equipments.
WHERE TO STAY IN BALER
Knowing that Baler is one of the top tourist destinations in the country, finding a place to stay here is not really a big challenge but of course, it would be ideal and less hassle to book your reservations as early as possible.
There are many budget hotels, transient houses and of course those luxury hotels to stay in. You can check our list of hotels in Baler and see which one suits your budget.
- Costa Pacifica Resort - Check Rates and Availability
- Nalu Surf Camp - Check Rates and Availability
- Blue Coco Baler Beach House - Check Rates and Availability
- Playa Azul Baler - Check Rates and Availability
- Aliya Surf Camp and Resort - Check Rates and Availability
- Cube Hotel Baler - Check Rates and Availability
HOW TO GET TO AURORA ARAGON QUEZON HOUSE
Doña Aurora Aragon-Quezon House can be already seen from Baler town proper or the Baler Plaza. This is located at the corner of San Luis & Rizal St., Poblacion, Baler, Aurora.
From here, you can also explore all the nearby tourist spots in Baler such as Museo De Baler, Baler Church and the public market as well.
FROM MANILA TO BALERTake a transit bus from Cubao via Genesis Bus which will take you directly to Baler. These airconditioned buses has daily trips from 3Am to 7:30 Am with 6-7 hours travel time. The fare would cost you around Php550-600 per head.
For those who are bringing own vehicle, you may use Waze or Google Maps for directions. If you don’t have a private vehicle, you can rent a car or van here.
ALSO IN BALER
- DITUMABO MOTHER FALLS: Meet the Family of Waterfalls in San Luis, Aurora
- SABANG BEACH: The Birthplace of Surfing in the Philippines
- DIGUISIT BEACH: The Rocky Paradise of Baler, Aurora
- ERMITA HILL: The Story of Tromba Marina and the Survival of 7 Families
- MILLENIUM TREE: The Enchanting Balete Tree in Maria Aurora, the Oldest in Asia
- CAUNAYAN FALLS: The Relaxing Waterfall of San Luis, Aurora
- DINADIAWAN BEACH: Things To Do and Best Resorts in Dipaculao, Aurora
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without IMFWJ's notice. Should you know the updated information, please let us know by leaving a message in the comment box below.
manuel quezon and aurora aragon love story aurora quezon map aurora quezon contribution to feminism when did aurora quezon died aurora quezon ambush manuel l quezon wife si gng. aurora aragon quezon ay bumoto sa unang pagkakataon dahil sa pagpapairal ng manuel l quezon daughter museo de baler baler church doña aurora house dona aurora plant sabang beach dambana ng kagitingan zabali hanging bridge aurora baler