The Department of Transportation (DOTr) has extended the Metro Rail Transit-3 (MRT-3) free ride for commuters until June 30.
In a public advisory on Wednesday, DOTr Secretary Art Tugade said through the extension, the government aims to let more Filipinos enjoy the much-improved and newly rehabilitated MRT-3 for free.
“Layon ng DOTr at DOTr MRT-3 Management, na patuloy na makapaghatid ng tulong sa ating mga kababayang patuloy na naaapektuhan ng pagtaas ng mga bilihin at krudo (The DOTr and the DOTr MRT-3 Management aim to continue providing assistance to our fellowmen affected by the increase in prices of basic goods and oil products),” Tugade said.
On March 28, President Rodrigo Duterte launched the free MRT-3 ride in celebration of the significant improvement of the MRT’s services after aggressive rehabilitation and procurement of additional trains.
The free ride, which was originally slated only until May 30, is extended until the last day of the Duterte Administration.
DOTr data on May 24 showed that over 15 million commuters have benefited from the free MRT-3 ride.
- PNR Lucena-San Pablo to reopen in June
- PNR launches Manila-Laguna trip of Indonesia-built trains
- Metro Manila Subway is flood-proof - DOTr
- LOOK: a sneak peak to 3 state-of-the-art EDSA busway bridges with concourse
- Bilang ng bagong overhaul na mga bagon ng MRT-3, nadagdagang muli!
- 'Bicol Express' to cut Manila-Legazpi travel to 5 hours
Let us know your thoughts!