Each of my Baguio trips, I never missed a visit at Burnham Park. Maybe that's the reason why it is called "The Heart of Baguio City". It is located in the middle of every thing that is rising around Baguio City.
ABOUT BURNHAM PARK
Designed by and named after premier American architect and urban planner, Daniel Hudson Burnham, who also designed the original plan for Baguio City. Burnham Park remains, to this day, one of the Philippines' most well known and best-loved parks.
The park retains much of Daniel Burnham's original design and layout a century ago, with a few features added, in true Filipino fashion, to make it a vibrant center of activity for everyone to enjoy.
There are a lot of things both tourists and locals can enjoy during their stay in the park. Boating, biking, skating, jogging, strolling, Zumba, picnic, and simply sitting on a bench and enjoying the scenery are just some of the many things you can do when you make your way to Burnham.
Burnham Park has 12 cluster areas:
- the man-made lake with rowboats for hire that folks refer to as the Burnham Lagoon,
- the Children's Playground,
- the Skating Rink,
- the Rose Garden,
- the Orchidarium,
- Igorot Garden,
- Melvin Jones Grandstand,
- the Athletic Bowl,
- a Picnic Grove,
- the Japanese Peace Tower,
- Pine Trees of the World, and
- Sunshine Park.
Originally intended to serve as a much-needed green park, to provide a bustling city with a peaceful environment with wide open green spaces, Burnham Park under Filipino administration is now more of an amusement park with boating, bicycle and skating areas, sports and gaming areas, plus a few eateries.
ABOUT DANIEL HUDSON BURNHAM
Burnham (1846-1912) was one of Chicago's greatest architects and planners, whose Philippine resume includes Dewey (now Roxas Boulevard) in Manila, Philippines as well as Baguio City itself, which was both a bustling mining and and recreational town!
Mr. Burham had grand visions for everything he designed. In 1904, the Philippine capital city of Manila, he developed the areas outside the walled city of Intramuros, with a great emphasis on classic-al buildings and wide open spaces, taking into consi-deration the Philippines' Spanish influence as Spain had just six years before turned the Philippines over to the Americans.
For Baguio, he 'forced' a splendid geometric pattern amid rolling hills and wind-ing roads, which is what we know now as Burnham Park, around which the rest of the city was built.
HOW TO GET TO BURNHAM PARKThe park is located in the heart of the city. So if you are coming from Session Road, you just have to take any road down to Harrison Rd. to get to Burnham Park.
It may be accessed from any one of the following roads: Harrison Road, Kisad Road, Governor Pack and Magsaysay Road.
Powered by 12Go system
Address: Jose Abad Santos Dr, Baguio, 2600 Benguet
Hours open: 24 hours
HOTELS NEAR BURNHAM PARK
- Cedar Peak Condominium - Check Rates & Availability
- Austrianne Residences - Check Rates & Availability
- Hotel Veniz – Session - Check Rates & Availability
- V Hotel and Apartel - Check Rates & Availability
- Elmar Cabin - Check Rates & Availability
You may also check the full list of hotels and lodging in Baguio. You can also look for an affordable Airbnb in the city. Get up to P3,100 FREE credits on your first booking.
You may also check Top10 hotels in Baguio on our separate blog.
Read my COMPLETE BAGUIO TRAVEL GUIDE to know more about Baguio City.
- Session Road and Where To Eat
- BAGUIO: Botanical Garden
- BAGUIO: Wright Park and The Mansion
- Things to do in Mines View Park
- Good Shepherd Convent and Product Pricelist
- What to buy at Baguio Night Market
- Commuting from Manila to Baguio vv
- MANILA TO BAGUIO: Bus Schedule and Fare
- PITX to Baguio (Point-to-Point) is now available!
- Experience a Luxury Trip to Baguio with JoyBus Executive Coach
- AMERICAN HERITAGE BAGUIO HOME (as seen on "Glorious" movie)
- Baguio Country Club's Christmas Village (Schedule, Entrance Fee & How To Get There)
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without IMFWJ's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.
WHERE TO STAY IN BAGUIO:
Burnham Park lake Burnham Park history Burnham Park description Burnham Park activities Burnham Park location Burnham Park reaction paper Burnham Park History tagalog