FUNDING THE CONSTRUCTIONIn an interview Tuesday, Jenny Fontanas of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Ilocos regional office’s monitoring and evaluation section, said they are just waiting for the release of the funding to start construction this year.
“It will take 255 calendar days to complete,” she said.
In a recent interview, Pangasinan Fourth District Rep. Christopher de Venecia said the initial funding for the bridge worth PHP250 million will come from the office of Abono party-list Rep. Conrad Estrella III, while the remaining funding will come from his office.
THE BENIFITS“This is under the Build, Build, Build infrastructure program of the national government. And it will benefit upland barangays such as barangays of San Fabian (Bolaoen, Gumot, Bigbiga, Inmalog Norte and Inmalog Sur),” de Venecia said.
He added that once the bridge is completed, the travel time of residents from said barangays will be shortened while boosting economic growth and tourism in the area.
OTHER INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS IN THE PHILIPPINES
- This bridge will connect Panay, Guimaras and Negros islands!
- Luzon Spine Expressway Network - Connecting North and South Luzon
- South East Metro Manila Expressway - is it the most awaited answer to our congested traffic in the metro?
- SKYWAY STAGE 3: All You Need To Know
- List of national infrastructures in Taguig under Build, Build, Build program
- DPWH to start Laguna Lakeshore Road Network Project in December
- SMC to 'revive' Pasig River as part of PAREX project
- NLEX Harbor Link Reduces Travel Time From Quezon To Manila From 2 Hours To 20 Minutes
- Sorsogon Coastal Road is now open
- Clark International Airport new terminal building officially opens
- PH’s virology center to rise in New Clark City