Luzon Spine Expressway Network was announced to be the solution to our congested major highways we currently have in the country.
The Philippines has one of the worst traffic in the world. Under President Rodrigo Duterte’s “Build, Build, Build” program, the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) was tasked to build an expressway that would connect the northern and southernmost part of Luzon.
DPWH Secretary Mark Villar hopes that the new high standard highways will significantly ease the traffic and cut down travel time. Once the ambitious project is completed, the travel time from Metro Manila to San Fernando, La Union will be reduced from six (6) hours and 55 minutes to three (3) hours and 10 minutes. La Union to Bicol travel time will also be reduced from from 19 hours and 40 minutes to eight (8) hours and 15 minutes.
Included in the expressway network are the NLEX Harbor Link Project, Tarlac-Pangasinan-La Union Expressway, Central Luzon Link Expressway, Plaridel By-Pass Road Phase II, Metro Manila Skyway Stage 3, NLEX-SLEX Connector Road, among others.
The NLEX Harbor Link Project is a 5.7 km expressway, which traverses Karuhatan in Valenzuela City, Governor Pascual Avenue in Malabon City, and C3 road in Caloocan City.
The Central Luzon Link Expressway (CLLEX) is a 30-km expressway, which runs through the municipalities of La Paz, Zaragosa, Aliaga, and Caalibangbangan, to connect Tarlac and Cabanatuan.
The Tarlac-Pangasinan-La Union Expressway (TPLEX) 3rd section is a 25.83 km expressway which extends the existing 63.02 km alignment traversing Tarlac, Rosales and Urdaneta to Binalonan, Pozzurobio and La Union.
The NLEX-SLEX Connector Road, an 8 km four lane expressway that will reduce travel time from NLEX to SLEX from 2 hours to only about 20 minutes.
The Metro Manila Skyway Stage 3, a 14.8 km, 6-lane expressway which will connect Balintawak in Quezon City to Buendia Makati. This will significantly ease traffic in EDSA especially during peak hours.
The Luzon Spine Expressway Network (LSEN) is a planned network of interconnecting expressways within the main island of Luzon. It is part of the Build! Build! Build! Infrastructure Plan of DuterteNomics.
- Tarlac–Pangasinan–La Union Expressway (TPLEx)
- Subic–Clark–Tarlac Expressway (SCTEx)
- Subic–Tipo Expressway
- North Luzon Expressway (NLEx)
- NLEx Harbor Link
- Metro Manila Skyway
- South Luzon Expressway (SLEx)
- Muntinlupa–Cavite Expressway (MCX)
- Southern Tagalog Arterial Road (STAR Tollway)
- Manila–Cavite Expressway (CAVITEx)
- NAIA Expressway (NAIAx)
- Cavite–Laguna Expressway (CALAEx)
- North Luzon East Expressway (NLEE)
- NLEx Harbor Link (segments 8.2, 10.1, and 11)
- Tarlac–Pangasinan–La Union Expressway (TPLEx) extension
- Central Luzon Link Expressway (CLLEx)
- Plaridel Bypass Road Phase II
- Southeast Metro Manila Expressway
- Metro Manila Skyway Stage 3
- NLEx–SLEx Connector Road
- SLEx Toll Road 4 and SLEx Toll Road 5 (QUEBEx)
- Ilocos Norte Travel Guide
- Joy Bus Executive Coach
- Top 10 Best Places to Stay in Baguio City
- Manila to Baguio in Just 3 Hours via Pozorrubio Exit
- Join Airbnb and you’ll get ₱2,200 off your booking!
- Get a ₱166.3 discount after you sign up with Klook
- Bus Fares in the Philippines
- Top 10 Best Places to Stay in Baguio City, Philippines