CONNECTING VISAYAN ISLANDS“The feasibility study for the Panay-Guimaras-Negros (bridge) is expected to be completed this year,” Anna Mae Lamentillo, chairperson of the Build, Build, Build Inter-agency Committee, bared this in a press briefing in Malacañang.
Lamentillo said the DPWH is being “very careful” in relation to the design and construction of the project given its magnitude.
“May requirement po kasi (there’s a requirement). For an inter-island bridge for example, may required na pre-feasibility study, feasibility study and detailed engineering design,” she added.
She assured that the bridge has been included as one of the priority projects under the Build, Build, Build program of the administration of President Rodrigo Duterte.
Once completed, the bridge is expected to be another option for traveling across Western Visayas to prevent incidents such as the recent Iloilo-Guimaras Straight sea mishap that killed 31 people from occurring.
RELATED: Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao will be connected soon!
The Proposed Panay-Guimaras-Negros Island Bridges Project is undergoing a feasibility study under CCC Highway Consultants Co., Ltd. of the People’s Republic of China.
Based on the project profile, the two proposed bridges are the Panay-Guimaras Bridge, which will start in Leganes, Iloilo and will end in Buenavista, Guimaras, and the Guimaras-Negros Island Bridge, which will start and end in San Lorenzo, Guimaras and Pulupandan, Negros Occidental, respectively.
2020 UPDATEThe long anticipated Panay-Guimaras-Negros (PGN) Island Bridges Project that will offer a safer, faster, more convenient land travel to residents and tourists of the Western Visayas island provinces have been given a green light by the National Economic Development Authority (NEDA).
NEDA announced on January 29, 2020, that the Investment Coordination Committee (ICC) has approved the construction of the PhP 189.53 billion PGN Island Bridges Project connecting the three islands funded through the Official Development Assistance (ODA).
OTHER INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS IN THE PHILIPPINES
- This bridge will connect Panay, Guimaras and Negros islands!
- Luzon Spine Expressway Network - Connecting North and South Luzon
- South East Metro Manila Expressway - is it the most awaited answer to our congested traffic in the metro?
- SKYWAY STAGE 3: All You Need To Know
- List of national infrastructures in Taguig under Build, Build, Build program
- DPWH to start Laguna Lakeshore Road Network Project in December
- SMC to 'revive' Pasig River as part of PAREX project
- NLEX Harbor Link Reduces Travel Time From Quezon To Manila From 2 Hours To 20 Minutes
- Sorsogon Coastal Road is now open
- Clark International Airport new terminal building officially opens
- PH’s virology center to rise in New Clark City