TAGUIG CITYTaguig is just one of the cities in NCR to get a few of ongoing and future infrastructures under the Build, Build, Build program.
The city has seen several development projects since the Build, Build, Build program of the national government was launched. Here are some that have either been finished or with construction in full swing:
Bonifacio Global City-Ortigas link roadOne of the most anticipated is the thoroughfare between two huge business zones in Metro Manila, Taguig and Pasig. The BGC-Ortigas link road is set to be completed in June this year. It extends over 961 meters, with one part connecting Sta. Monica, Pasig, and Lawton Avenue, and Makati. The other, a viaduct, will be running from Lawton Avenue to the entrance of BGC.
RELATED: Forget about EDSA and C5, this bridge will connect BGC and Ortigas
Bambang ni Felix RoadThis is a new access road project that would cut travel time between South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) and Circumferential Road-6 (C6). Fast-tracking progress, the DPWH is now 70 percent complete in the project, which is set to be finished in March this year.
Cavitex-C5 link flyoverThe 2.2-kilometer road opened in July last year. It has three lanes in each direction, spanning from C.P. Garcia in Taguig to Sucat in Parañaque City. The P1.6-billion project significantly reduces travel time between the two cities to a mere three minutes.
DPWH Secretary Villar called the project an “engineering solution for everyday problems,” as cited in Philstar. Metro Pacific Tollways Corp. (MPTC) president and CEO Rodrigo Franco also commended the elaborate and accurate method of hoisting beams and setting them on overhead platforms to set up another project, which is the Harbor Link Segment 10.
C5 South linkThe project mentioned above is part of the C5 South Link project, a road that stretches over 7.7 kilometers, connecting C5 road to Cavite Expressway via Taguig, Parañaque, Las Piñas, and Cavite. Expected to be completed in the last quarter of 2021, the project would serve 50,000 cars driving to southern cities in the metro and along east-west service roads.
OTHER INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS IN THE PHILIPPINES
- This bridge will connect Panay, Guimaras and Negros islands!
- Luzon Spine Expressway Network - Connecting North and South Luzon
- South East Metro Manila Expressway - is it the most awaited answer to our congested traffic in the metro?
- SKYWAY STAGE 3: All You Need To Know
- DPWH to start Laguna Lakeshore Road Network Project in December
- SMC to 'revive' Pasig River as part of PAREX project
- NLEX Harbor Link Reduces Travel Time From Quezon To Manila From 2 Hours To 20 Minutes
- Sorsogon Coastal Road is now open
- Clark International Airport new terminal building officially opens
- PH’s virology center to rise in New Clark City