in 4-5 months time, I mostly spend my days staying at home as suggested and encouraged not only by the government but by the whole world. Imagine, we are seeing COVID-19 news everytime and everywhere, right? Who are not scared of this virus?
Me and my wife work from home with our little child. Once, twice or thrice in a day, I go out to buy essentials (mostly food) since we are living near talipapa (a small wet and dry market) and most of our needs can be bought here. I know the fact that all of us are in danger. So everytime I get out I made sure to wear mask, face shield and follow the safety protocols like social distancing. Then, I make sure to pour my hands with alcohol and spray disinfectant on the goods I brought in with.
All of this, I do them to protect not only myself but my family. But there are days that I really doubt and ask myself, "am I really safe? Am I not bringing the virus to our house?" As of writing, there are already 21 confirmed COVID-19 cases in our barangay. The good news is none of them died of the virus and 17 have already recovered.
And just to rest assure myself, I finally visited Taguig's online COVID-19 assessment thru this website: smarttesting.taguiginfo.com
Here I will show you the steps of SMART:
WHAT IS SMART?
The city government has launched the Systematic Mass Approach to Responsible Testing (SMART) to increase COVID-19 testing.
There are two ways to get assessed:
- Take an assessment through www.taguiginfo.com.
- Call Taguig COVID-19 hotline (8-789-3200 o sa 0966-419-4510) and health centers for the assessment to be delivered to you.
Those who need to be tested will receive a control number with date and time for testing through e-mail and further instructions to fill-out forms.
TAGUIG SMART TESTING STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE
- Visit smarttesting.taguiginfo.com
- Register an account
- Login with your account
- Read the procedure and choose the appropriate consent to proceed
- Fill out the form with personal details
- Confirm your identity
- Answer the following questions
- Get the results
STEP 1: Visit SMART website
This page will show once you smarttesting.taguiginfo.com
Remember: there are 4 different SMART testings sites in Taguig:
- CEDSU Testing Team - they visit cases of COVID-19 in their homes for testing.
- Private and Public Hospitals in Taguig - patients may get tested in accredited testing facilities and laboratories in the city.
- Community-based Testing - the city has Hatid at Sundo Program for persons who need to be tested in their community and barangay health center.
- Drive-thru Testing Sites - Taguig has drive-thru testing sites at BGC and Lakeshore for more accessible and convenient.
STEP 2: Register an account
Every one who wants to get assessed is required to register an account. Just fill out the above form with your name, email address and preferred password.
STEP 3: Login with your account
Once registration is done, you will need to login using the email address and password you created.
STEP 4: Read the procedure and choose the appropriate consent to proceed
In my case, I chose "Yes, I agree as Taguig Resident"
STEP 5: Fill out the form with personal details
This is required for the coordination of CEDSU and the Barangay Health Emergency Response Team (BHERT).
STEP 6: Confirm your identity
STEP 7: Answer the following questions
There will be a series of question to assess your condition or status regarding COVID-19.
In my case, I chose to have a fever to proceed with the questionnaire.
I currently have cough and sore throat though. However, the other situations do not apply to me.
STEP 8: Get the results
Once you "submit" the form they will assign you a control number with date and time for testing through e-mail.
At the end of the day, all of us just wanted to be safe. So if think, this helps you rest assure that you are COVID-19 free, you can do the assessment yourself and follow the above instructions.
Here are other COVID-19 Response Programs in Taguig City:
- Taguig Amelioration Program
- Taguig Quarantine Facility
- Financial Aid for PUV drivers
- Taguig Unified Quarantine Pass
- Free Text and Online Medical Consultation
Me and my family hope that this pandemic ends soon. Stay safe, guys!