This hot bath has become famous for years in Philippine Tourism. Thanks to social media in attracting people and helping to promote this kind of activity in the country. So here we list 4 of the places where you can have a kawa bath in the Philippines!
WHAT IS KAWA BATH?“Kawa” is the local word for a large thick fryer and looks like a giant wok. This was used to make brown sugar which is rich in molasses. A kawa bath is similar to Ofuro a type of bath which Japanese enjoy in rectangular tubs made of wood.
Heading to Boracay? Why not detour a little in this neighboring province of Aklan in Panay Island for a quick relaxation?
One of the top destination in this quiet town of Tibiao in Antique is the first and the most popular place for kawa hot baths. Tibiao is full of inns and resorts offering the service, and there’s a kawa (which translates to wok or a large shallow cooking pan) for one, couples and even groups. Each bath runs with local flowers and herbs that has medicinal qualities (that incidentally also make for great photos).
Located near Metro Manila, Tanay has been one of favorite weekend getaways of the city people in Rizal province!
Tanay has a lot to offer! Adventurers can go mountain climbing, exploring on an ATV, while those who want to take it slow can go around museums and galleries, and of course, indulge in a kawa hot bath.
El Patio Razon, a rest house turned resort, offers this relaxing bath overlooking a sea of clouds and scenic mountain range.
The resort also offers side activities such as horseback riding and some trampoline action. You can also go on a side trip to nearby Treasure Mountain.
READ: Experience Kawa Bath at El Patio Razon in Tanay
Thinking of another place or activity in Tagaytay City? This one must be on your next list!
You can go glamping with friends, or stay at their cozy nipa huts. Their kawa hot bath can be enjoyed with company, overlooking a great view of the highlands.
The place can also be booked for private functions and events — a great idea for family and barkada reunions!
READ: La VeryOl's Mountain View Garden (Kawa Bath, Room Rates and Directions)
Fantasy Lodge’s kawa hot bath is the first of its kind in the province. The kawa is set over a beautiful view of the sea, so it’s best to take the bath during late afternoon while watching the sun set.
Have you tried kawa hot bath before? Share with us your experience in the comments section below!
kawa bath near manila kawa bath tanay kawa bath for sale kawa bath in rizal kawa bath tagaytay kawa hot bath near manila kawa bath quotes kawa bath boracay
See other lists here:
- TOP 10 Best Tourist Spots in LUZON
- TOP 10 Must-See Sights in Ilocos Norte
- 4 Things to do in Coron
- List of Holidays in the Philippines
- List of Underrated But Worth-The-Money Eats In Tagaytay City
- 6 Romantic Destinations in the Philippines Except Boracay
- 5 summer destinations near Metro Manila
- Seven Must-Visit Beaches Near Manila
- List of Batang 90s Snacks
- Your Ultimate Food Guide in Pasig
- 7 White Sand Beaches in Southern Luzon you should see and visit
- 7 Must-See Things in Marinduque
- TOP 10 Best Tourist Spots in London
- 10 Underrated Places In Europe Where Locals Don't Want Tourists To Spoil
- Travel Thoughts You Can Relate To
Resorts and Hotels
- Top 10 Best Hotel and Resorts in Boracay
- Top 10 Best Places to Stay in Baguio City, Philippines
- List of Resorts In Laiya, Batangas
- Top 10 Best Hotels and Resorts in Bolinao, Pangasinan
- Top Hotels and Resorts in Coron, Palawan