12 MODIFIED PROVINCIAL BUS ROUTES IN REGIONS 3 & 4A, OPENING FROM SEPTEMBER 30
The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) will open twelve (12) modified provincial Public Utility Bus (PUB) routes starting September 30, 2020.
Based on Memorandum Circular 2020-051, PUBs can travel with a valid and existing Certificate of Public Convenience (CPC) or Application for Extension of Validity, and each unit on the routes contained in the MC is registered with the Personal Passenger Insurance Policy without Special Permit (SP). But in lieu of SP is the QR Code that will be given to each operator which should be placed on short bond paper and posted on the PUB unit. The QR Code can be downloaded from the LTFRB official website (https://ltfrb.gov.ph/).
The following modified provincial bus routes will be opened in PUBs under MC 2020-051:
- San Fernando, Pampanga - Araneta Center, Cubao, Quezon City
- Batangas City, Batangas - Parañaque Integrated Terminal Exchange (PITx)
- Lemery, Batangas - PITx
- Lipa City, Batangas - PITx
- Nasugbu, Batangas - PITx
- Indang, Cavite - PITx
- Mendez, Cavite - PITx
- Tagaytay City, Cavite - PITx
- Ternate, Cavite - PITx
- Calamba City, Laguna - PITx
- Siniloan, Laguna - PITx
- Sta. Cruz, Laguna - PITx
RELATED: PITx Terminal Guide
The routes are the result of the agency's comprehensive engagement with stakeholders, including Local Government Units (LGUs), terminals and bus operators. The aforementioned routes have been approved by the LGUs covered by them.
What the LTFRB and LGU discussed included the conditions for the travel of PUB units in their respective jurisdictions. It is forbidden to get off and ride on any part of the Provincial Route except for the designated stopover points and terminals where the PUBs will finally stop.
For passengers, you must bring the following to board and travel on Provincial Buses:
- Travel Authority / Pass from PNP to passenger terminal;
- Valid ID with important passenger information attached such as Address / Place of Origin, Age, and Place of study;
- Written Consent that the passenger agrees to undergo COVID-19 testing or quarantine at the destination terminal and / or final destination in case the LGU requires it;
- Other documents required by the Inter-Agency Task Force for Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) and local government unit.
PUB drivers and passengers traveling on provincial bus routes are required to comply with the guidelines of the Inter-Agency Task Force for Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID), including wearing a face mask and face shield, carrying and using of disinfecting agents such as alcohol and sanitizer, and adherence to 1-meter physical distancing.
In addition, eating, drinking, and communicating with fellow passengers or cell phones in public transport are also prohibited.
Based on MC 2020-051, the passenger must obtain a trip ticket two days before traveling or earlier through the online facility or at the bus terminal itself. It is forbidden to purchase a trip ticket on the day of the trip unless it is an emergency such as a family or health problem.
All PUBs traveling on modified provincial bus routes will be monitored regularly.
The LTFRB reminds PUBs to follow agency policies. Anyone caught violating the MC's provisions will be subject to the appropriate penalties and fines, and may be removed by the CPC or PA.
You can book a trip directly here:
Powered by 12Go system