The Philippines' first integrated terminal is now open to service routes between Metro Manila and nearby provinces.With the opening of the first “world-class,” intermodal landport in the country by no less than President Rodrigo Roa Duterte on Monday, Nov. 5, commuting would become more comfortable for the riding public.
Offering a “safer, state-of-the-art, and convenient terminal experience,” through a public-private partnership, the Parañaque Integrated Terminal Exchange or PITX would also connect people and places closer together. Well, the passengers from Cavite to inner Metro Manila, at least, with the initial project.
The multimodal transport selection (e.g. jeepney, bus, taxi, UV Express, point-to-point, and soon, light rail transit) could also definitely broaden one’s commute options and put money back in the wallet—opening wider travel opportunities for the masses.
HOW TO GET TO PITXAs its name implies, the PITX is located in Parañaque City. The terminal is accessible via the Diosdado Macapagal Boulevard or the Coastal Road.
Commuting to the terminal, however, has been made more convenient by the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board, through Memorandum Circular 2018-20 dated Sept. 13, 2018, which explicitly orders all city buses, UV express service and jeepneys, whose endpoints are Baclaran and the Mall of Asia, to extend and facilitate the transfer of passengers to PITX.
Similarly, the board said that, “All provincial public utility buses, UV Express service and public utility jeepneys originating from provinces southwest of Metro Manila entering via Coastal Road and Manila Cavite Expressway shall end their routes at the Paranaque Integrated Terminal Exchange (PITX) in Coastal Road Parañaque from the date PITX is fully operational.”
If you want to go there and commuting from the Caloocan-Malabon-Navotas-Valenzuela areas:
- From Monumento, ride a jeepney or UV Express bound for Baclaran and it will take you there.
- Take the LRT-1 bound for Baclaran. Right outside the LRT-1 EDSA Station, across Metropoint Mall, you will find orange jeepneys, which will take you to PITX.
If you are coming from Quezon City:
- You may take the LRT-2 to Recto Terminal Station. Walk through the connecting bridge to LRT-1 Doroteo Jose Station, then take the LRT-1 to EDSA Station, then the orange jeepneys going to PITX.
- You may also ride the LRT-2 to Recto Station, take the connecting bridge to LRT-1 Doroteo Jose Station, then LRT-1 to Gil Puyat Station, then turn right and walk towards Pasay City Academy. In front of Pasay City Academy, take the shuttle PITX.
- From LRT-2 to Araneta Center-Cubao Station, walk through Gateway and Farmers' Plaza towards MRT-Cubao station. There, take the MRT to Taft Terminal Station, walk through the connecting bridge towards LRT-1 EDSA Station, and then, right outside the LRT-1 EDSA Station, are the orange jeepneys going to PITX.
Going back, if you are commuting from Manila:
- Take the LRT-1 to EDSA Station, then ride the orange jeepneys to PITX.
- From Divisoria/Quiapo/Taft/Blumentritt, ride a jeep to Baclaran, which will take you there.
- From the LRT-1 to Gil Puyat Station, get off at Gil Puyat, then turn right and walk towards Pasay City Academy, then ride the shuttle to PITX.
- From Lawton or Roxas Boulevard, ride a GT Express Shuttle to Sucat via Mall of Asia and get off at PITX.
If you are commuting from Mandaluyong or Pasig:
- Take the MRT to Taft terminal station, then walk through the connecting bridge towards LRT-1 EDSA Station, then outside you will find orange jeepneys going to PITX.
- From EDSA, across Megamall and Shangri-La Plaza Mall, ride a Baclaran-bound bus to PITX.
When commuting from Pasay:
- Take the LRT-1 to EDSA Station, then take the orange jeepneys to PITX.
- From Taft, ride a jeep to Baclaran, and get off at the PITX.
- From Gil Puyat Avenue, ride a jeep to Taft, and get off at LRT-1 Gil Puyat Station, near the Pasay City Academy, ride the shuttle to PITX.
If commuting from Makati:
- Take the MRT to Taft Station, then walk through the connecting bridge towards LRT-1 EDSA Station, then the orange jeepneys going to PITX.
- From Buendia/Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue, ride a jeep to Taft, and get off at LRT-1 Gil Puyat station, near the Pasay City Academy., then ride the shuttle to PITX.
When commuting from Parañaque:
- From Sucat, ride a GT Express Shuttle to Lawton via Mall of Asia and get off at PITX.
The terminal will connect passengers coming from the Cavite side to other transport systems such as the future LRT Line 1 South Extension, city bus, taxi, and other public utility vehicles that are serving inner Metro Manila.
Here's a short guide on how to go to PITX.
HOW TO UTILIZE PITX
It currently features passenger terminal buildings, loading and unloading bays, staging bays, ticketing and baggage handling facilities, as well as park-ride facilities. Commuters can also make use of the free Wi-Fi, charging outlets and an online, centralized ticketing system allowing for cash and credit / debit card payments.
“As the first integrated and multi-modal terminal in the southwestern part of Metro Manila, PITX is a landmark project – a ‘landport’ that feels and functions like an airport,” Duterte said in a speech during its inauguration, adding that the PITX is one of the three intermodal terminals that the government plans to build, the other two are the Taguig Integrated Terminal Exchange and the North Integrated Terminal Exchange in Bulacan.
- C5 Southlink Expressway is now open to public!
- ARCA SOUTH - A City In Sync
- Taguig Integrated Terminal Exchange (ITX)
- PH BUS AND FERRY OPERATORS (with Schedules and Terminals)
- Bulacan Airport Construction to be Started in Q4
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without IMFWJ's notice. Should you know the updated information, please let us know by leaving a message in the comment box below.
Click here to subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
Click here to subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
WHERE TO STAY IN PARANAQUE:
how to go to pitx from moa pitx terminal routes pitx terminal schedule how to go to pitx from baclaran pitx website pitx bus schedule pitx schedule pitx closing time