The Philippines' first integrated terminal is now open to service routes between Metro Manila and nearby provinces.
With the opening of the first “world-class,” intermodal landport in the country by no less than President Rodrigo Roa Duterte on Monday, Nov. 5, commuting would become more comfortable for the riding public.
Offering a “safer, state-of-the-art, and convenient terminal experience,” through a public-private partnership, the Parañaque Integrated Terminal Exchange or PITX would also connect people and places closer together. Well, the passengers from Cavite to inner Metro Manila, at least, with the initial project.
The Parañaque Integrated Terminal Exchange (PITx), formerly called Southwest Integrated Transport System (SWITS), is a public transport terminal in Parañaque, Metro Manila, Philippines.
|PITX Building Exterior|
PITx is built and operated by Megawide Construction Corporation and the Department of Transportation (DOTr) under the Philippine government's Public-Private Partnership program.
It replaced the older Southwest Integrated Transport Terminal (SITT) initially located at the derelict Uniwide Coastal Mall, which was transferred to HK Plaza in Bay City, Pasay as the Southwest Interim Provincial Terminal (SWIPTS).
UNDER CONSTRUCTION: Taguig Integrated Terminal Exchange (Taguig ITX)
HOW TO GET TO PITXAs its name implies, the PITX is located in Parañaque City. The terminal is accessible via the Diosdado Macapagal Boulevard or the Coastal Road.
|Loading bay at PITX|
Commuting to the terminal, however, has been made more convenient by the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board, through Memorandum Circular 2018-20 dated Sept. 13, 2018, which explicitly orders all city buses, UV express service and jeepneys, whose endpoints are Baclaran and the Mall of Asia, to extend and facilitate the transfer of passengers to PITX.
Similarly, the board said that, “All provincial public utility buses, UV Express service and public utility jeepneys originating from provinces southwest of Metro Manila entering via Coastal Road and Manila Cavite Expressway shall end their routes at the Paranaque Integrated Terminal Exchange (PITX) in Coastal Road Parañaque from the date PITX is fully operational.”
If you want to go there and commuting from the Caloocan-Malabon-Navotas-Valenzuela
- From Monumento, ride a jeepney or UV Express bound for Baclaran and it will take you there.
- Take the LRT-1 bound for Baclaran. Right outside the LRT-1 EDSA Station, across Metropoint Mall, you will find orange jeepneys, which will take you to PITX.
If you are coming from Quezon City
- You may take the LRT-2 to Recto Terminal Station. Walk through the connecting bridge to LRT-1 Doroteo Jose Station, then take the LRT-1 to EDSA Station, then the orange jeepneys going to PITX.
- You may also ride the LRT-2 to Recto Station, take the connecting bridge to LRT-1 Doroteo Jose Station, then LRT-1 to Gil Puyat Station, then turn right and walk towards Pasay City Academy. In front of Pasay City Academy, take the shuttle PITX.
- From LRT-2 to Araneta Center-Cubao Station, walk through Gateway and Farmers' Plaza towards MRT-Cubao station. There, take the MRT to Taft Terminal Station, walk through the connecting bridge towards LRT-1 EDSA Station, and then, right outside the LRT-1 EDSA Station, are the orange jeepneys going to PITX.
Going back, if you are commuting from Manila
- Take the LRT-1 to EDSA Station, then ride the orange jeepneys to PITX.
- From Divisoria/Quiapo/Taft/Blumentritt, ride a jeep to Baclaran, which will take you there.
- From the LRT-1 to Gil Puyat Station, get off at Gil Puyat, then turn right and walk towards Pasay City Academy, then ride the shuttle to PITX.
- From Lawton or Roxas Boulevard, ride a GT Express Shuttle to Sucat via Mall of Asia and get off at PITX.
If you are commuting from Mandaluyong or Pasig
- Take the MRT to Taft terminal station, then walk through the connecting bridge towards LRT-1 EDSA Station, then outside you will find orange jeepneys going to PITX.
- From EDSA, across Megamall and Shangri-La Plaza Mall, ride a Baclaran-bound bus to PITX.
When commuting from Pasay
- Take the LRT-1 to EDSA Station, then take the orange jeepneys to PITX.
- From Taft, ride a jeep to Baclaran, and get off at the PITX.
- From Gil Puyat Avenue, ride a jeep to Taft, and get off at LRT-1 Gil Puyat Station, near the Pasay City Academy, ride the shuttle to PITX.
If commuting from Makati
- Take the MRT to Taft Station, then walk through the connecting bridge towards LRT-1 EDSA Station, then the orange jeepneys going to PITX.
- From Buendia/Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue, ride a jeep to Taft, and get off at LRT-1 Gil Puyat station, near the Pasay City Academy., then ride the shuttle to PITX.
When commuting from Parañaque
- From Sucat, ride a GT Express Shuttle to Lawton via Mall of Asia and get off at PITX.
The terminal will connect passengers coming from the Cavite side to other transport systems such as the future LRT Line 1 South Extension, city bus, taxi, and other public utility vehicles that are serving inner Metro Manila.
Here's a short guide on how to go to PITX.
Here are the available routes as of 2019:
UBE Express (Every 1 hour and 30 minutes starting 6 am to 9 pm)
DNS Transport (Every 30 minutes from 5:30 am to 4:30 pm)
- Makati City
- First stop: Landmark
- Second stop: Circuit
- SM Fairview
- Sapang Palay
- Navotas Terminal
- Paliparan via Molino
- Dasmariñas and DBB-C/DBB-1 via Aguinaldo Highway
- Imus via Aguinaldo Highway
- Bacoor via Aguinaldo Highway
- Modern air-conditioned jeepneys
- Pasay/Taft Avenue-Buendia via Okada-MOA-Senate-World Trade Center
- Manila/Taft Avenue-Vito Cruz via MOA-Senate-CCP
- Lawton via Roxas Boulevard-Luneta-Intramuros
- Traditional Jeepneys
- All routes pass either Taft Avenue-Pasay Rotonda or FB Harrison-Mabini Street
HOW TO BOOK A TICKET FROM PITXYou can drop by the terminal to buy tickets ahead of your travel date. You may book buses from the PITX via our online booking system here:
Powered by 12Go system
HOW TO UTILIZE PITXThe PITX has devoted its facilities to integrate provincial and in-city bus transfers. The ticketing counter and departure bus bays are located at the first floor of the terminal, while the arrival bays are at the second floor.
- Step 1: For commuters who opt to buy tickets for trips in the next few hours, schedules are posted at the public information displays around the terminal.
- Step 2: Proceed to the ticketing counter to buy your tickets. Only cash payments are currently accepted.
- Step 3: Be at the boarding gates 15 minutes before the scheduled trip. Be alert for any changes in the schedule by checking out the displays or by listening to the public announcement system.
- Step 4: When the bus is ready to load passengers, scan your ticket on the validation machine to enter the boarding gates. Buses will leave on time, so avoid being late. Tickets are no longer valid past the trip schedule.
- Step 5: Board the bus and sit at your assigned seat.
- Step 1: Remain seated until the bus has stopped at the arrival bay.
- Step 2: Proceed to the entrance gate and pass through security checks.
- Step 3: Look for your next transfer.
FACILITIESIt currently features passenger terminal buildings, loading and unloading bays, staging bays, ticketing and baggage handling facilities, as well as park-ride facilities. Commuters can also make use of the free Wi-Fi, charging outlets and an online, centralized ticketing system allowing for cash and credit / debit card payments.
|PITX Trips Schedules|
“As the first integrated and multi-modal terminal in the southwestern part of Metro Manila, PITX is a landmark project – a ‘landport’ that feels and functions like an airport,” Duterte said in a speech during its inauguration, adding that the PITX is one of the three intermodal terminals that the government plans to build, the other two are the Taguig Integrated Terminal Exchange and the North Integrated Terminal Exchange in Bulacan.
RELATED: Private car parking is now open in PITX
|Fast food and restaurants inside PITX|
Restaurants and Convenience Stores in PITX
- Arroz Ecija
- Buko Juan
- Cookies by the Bucket
- Hen Lin
- Jamaican Pattie Shop
- John Lemon
- Liezel’s La Paz Batchoy & Kansi House
- Macao Imperial
- Mang Inasal
- Mang Juan Silog
- Mango Juan
- Miguelito’s Hyped Mangos
- Mister Donut
- Original Pinoy Merienda
- Potato Corner
- Red Ribbon Bakeshop
- Siomai King
- Soy Yummy
- The Shawarma Shack
|Services and shops inside PITX|
Shops and Services in PITX
- Anytime Fitness
- Mr. Quickie Plus
- World Balance
Available ATM Machines in PITX
As we all know PITX has all in one services they also have multiple ATM Machines to make it easier for passengers to grab some cash during their trips. The available ATM Machines in PITX are the following:
- BPI (Bank of the Philippine Islands)
- BDO (Banco de Oro Unibank)
- Bank of Commerce
- PNB (Philippine National Bank)
Parañaque Integrated Terminal Exchange
Email Address: email@example.com
Hotline: (02)3963817 / (02)3963818
Mobile No: 09175961111
- C5 Southlink Expressway is now open to public!
- ARCA SOUTH - A City In Sync
- Taguig Integrated Terminal Exchange (ITX)
- PH BUS AND FERRY OPERATORS (with Schedules and Terminals)
- Bulacan Airport Construction to be Started in Q4
- Join Airbnb and you’ll get ₱1,600 off your booking!
- Get up to 80% discount when you book via Agoda!
- Get a ₱150 discount after you sign up with Klook
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without IMFWJ's notice. Should you know the updated information, please let us know by leaving a message in the comment box below.
Click here to subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
Click here to subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
WHERE TO STAY IN PARANAQUE:
pitx meaning pitx terminal pitx paranaque pitx terminal location my location to pitx parañaque integrated terminal exchange (pitx) photos pitx location pitx bus terminal pitx pasay pitx terminal routes ptex manila pitx manila is pitx open 24 hours where is pitx located pitx address pitx restaurants cubao to pitx pitx map paranaque integrated terminal exchange pitx to pampanga what are the routes in pitx? pitx stores pasay to pitx pitx philippines
Let us know your thoughts!