Thinking of a weekend get-away that is affordable, close enough to home, and with something for everyone?
You don’t have to look far because there’s a theme park right at the heart of the metropolis where a world of excitement, entertainment, and education awaits.
Star City is considered as one of the Philippines' pioneer theme parks. It was established in 1991 as an offshoot of the Toys and Gift Fair that was popular in the late 1970s to 1980s.
|Giant Star Wheel|
Although it has been almost three decades since it's first opening, the park has expanded through the years and continues to delight millions of visitors.
WHAT TO BRING FOR STAR CITY
Here are some things you might consider bringing with you for your day tour / adventure:
- Stylish face mask
- Water container/tumbler to rehydrate
- Sunscreen for skin protection
- Travel backpack / luggage
- Reusable vacuum storage packs
- Selfie stick
- Waterproof phone case
- Acion cam
- WiFi kit
- Power bank
Shopee is my go-to app for things I needed like the ones above. If you'd like discounts and vouchers, you may get the best offers here:
ABOUT STAR CITY
Star City is a 35,000 m2 (380,000 sq ft) amusement park in Pasay, Philippines. It is located in the reclaimed area of the Cultural Center of the Philippines Complex, part of Bay City. The facility is owned by Star Parks Corporation, a subsidiary of Elizalde Holdings Corporation (the holding company of the FJE Group of Companies).
Star City was hit by a fire on October 2, 2019, causing major damage to the main building and forcing its closure. Prior to the fire, Star City had an annual attendance of about 1.5 million people. Star City had more than 30 different rides and attractions at the time of the fire, many of which were indoors.
The park had initially planned to re-open by January 14, 2022, but due to a surge of COVID-19 cases in Metro Manila brought by the Omicron variant, it has been postponed until February 24, 2022.
Star City Rides And Attractions
Star City is known for having different rides and attractions that fit to all ages - from kids to kids-at-heart, everyone can enjoy what this amusement park can offer!
These are the rides fit for children 3 to 12 years old:
- Kiddie Bumper Cars. Let your kids experience the fun and excitement of driving without the hassle of the city's heavy traffic.
- Kiddie Wheel. Star City's ferris wheel for kids, your little angel can enjoy the feel of a ferris wheel minus the daunting height.
- Frosty Train. No little kid can resist riding a choochoo train. This one has a special winter theme!
- Kid's Playland. A showcase of playground favorites on a padded surface. Kids can release all that energy and have hours of great indoor fun.
- Quack Quack. This seven-meter revolving kiddie ride has six duck tubs each seating up to four.
- Mini Pirate Ship. For your adventurous kid who can't ride the Sea Horse Viking just yet, this is the ride to try!
Note: Children must be 34 inches to 42 inches only
This is a list of Star City rides for family bonding:
- Grand Carousel. The first double decked carousel in the country is a sight to behold. It has a capacity of 72 people, and is a truly worthy center piece all-family ride in the park.
- Super Telecombat. Zoom through the universe on space ships that circle, dip and climb.
- Egyptian Spinning Coaster. Star city's newest ride is not just another roller coaster. The rider spins as the vehicle rolls through the Egyptian desert. Brand new from Italy.
- Giant Star Wheel. The Philippines’ Tallest Ferris wheel offers a majestic view of Roxas Boulevard and the Manila Bay as well as the expanse of the reclaimed landscape. It stands 60 meters high with 32 gondolas that can accommodate 6 passengers each.
- Central Park Carousel. This classic theme park ride serves as a beautiful feature to Star City's central park.
- Lolly Swing. Flying swings - a favorite in any theme park!
- Mini Rocking Tug. Just like being on a tiny boat in the high seas!
- Wacky Worm. If a caterpillar could run as fast as a roller coaster, this is definitely how it would feel like riding one!
- Fun Swing. Experience this classic childhood thrill in a mechanical swing complete with safety feature.
- Antique Cars. Take a joy ride in vintage car trains.
Notes: Guest must be above 42 inches to ride alone. Children 30 inches to 42 inches with Responsible Mature Person.
Teen and Adult Rides
- Tornado Ride. An all-time favorite in theme parks all over the world, the riders rotate in capsules that rise and fall, The riders can even control the level of thrill since each capsule can be independently spun!
- Bumper Car Smash. Traffic rules are suspended in this classic theme park ride!
- Music Express. This is not your ordinary ride. The Italian made Music Express can reach a maximum speed of 12 revolutions per minute going both forward and backward. The operator/ DJ will not hesitate to crank up the volume while the ride gathers speed!
- Jumping Star. After a slow ascend to the top, you know what comes next... Whoosh! down you come falling in a heart pounding drop!
Note: For Guest 48 inches and above
- Surf Dance. This platform thrill ride captures the tumult of riding the waves with every twist and turn and lift and drop!
- Star Flyer. The only inverted roller coaster in the Philippines makes the rider know how it feels like to fly with your feet dangling in every loop and turn at great speed.
- Seahorse Viking. The classic Viking ride guarantees shrieks of delight. It's swings forward and backward; as close as it gets to rocking the stormy seas on the way to a Viking raid!
- Star Frisbee. Direct from Italy, the rider is swung to dizzying heights while the outward facing seats spin around. No other thrill like this in the Philippines!
- Jungle Splash. Take a log boat ride on a white water river that snakes through the heart of the Jungle and climaxes in a thrilling drop. Not for those afraid to get a little wet!
Note: For Guests 48 inches and above. Guests 48 inches to 52 inches must be accompanied by a Responsible Mature Person.
LIST OF STAR CITY RIDES (in Alphabetical order)
- Antique Cars
- Bumper Car Smash
- Central Park Carousel
- Egyptian Spinning Coaster
- Frosty Train
- Fun Swing
- Grand Carousel
- Jumping Star
- Jungle Splash
- Kiddie Bumper Cars
- Kiddie Wheel
- Kid's Playland
- Lolly Swing
- Mini Pirate Ship
- Mini Rocking Tug
- Music Express
- Quack Quack
- Seahorse Viking
- Star Flyer
- Star Frisbee
- Super Telecombat
- Surf Dance
- Tornado Ride
- Wacky Worm
Star City Ticket Prices
General Admission Fee: Php80 per head
Star Pass (Php549 per head)
Access to the park and all rides, subject to individual ride restrictions. Snow World and coin/token operated rides and games are subject to separate fees.
Star Pass + Snow World (Php709 per head)
Access to the park and all rides and Snow World, subject to individual ride restrictions. Coin/token operated rides are subject to separate fees.
Those who are entitled to the Senior Citizen or PWD discount may purchase their tickets at the designated priority lane at the Star City Main Entrance Lobby.
Children below 34 inches may enter for free.
Where To Get Tickets...
You can purchase only from www.starcity.com.ph or the Star City Gate.
How To Get FREE STAR PASS?
You can get a FREE STAR PASS on your birthday and you bring 4 paying adults.
HOW TO GET TO STAR CITY
Star City is located within the Cultural Center of the Philippines complex in Pasay City. Only 15 mins. from Makati City, 5 mins. from Manila City. Only 15 mins (via Espana), 30 mins (via EDSA) from Quezon City. Only 15 mins from the Manila International and Domestic airports.
Here are the directions you can use to travel to Star City:
Via Public Transportation
- You can get to Star City from any point as long as you know how to get to LRT1 Vito Cruz Station. From there, you can ride an orange jeepney to CCP/PICC. The theme park is within walking distance from where you will be alighted.
- If you’re around Taguig, you can ride a jeepney to Pasay PICC from Market! Market!
Via Private Vehicle
- If you’re traveling in your private vehicle, you can get to Star City with the help of GPS applications. Just make sure to be ready for a minimal parking fee in the park.
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN MANILA
Address: Star City, Roxas Blvd, CCP, Pasay, Metro Manila
Schedule: Thursday to Sunday from 12nn to 8pm
Facebook: Star City
Before You Go To Star City...
In compliance with IATF guidelines under Alert Level 2, the following shall be implemented effective February 24, 2022:
- Adult guests (18 years and above) have to be fully vaccinated. They have to show their vaccination cards at the gate before entry.
- Those below 18 years old may enter even if unvaccinated.
- Wear your face mask properly when you visit the park.
- We will be operating at a maximum of 50% indoor venue capacity and 70% outdoor venue capacity.
- Our website shall provide timely updates on the Park’s capacity to accept more guests.
- Please check the Park Regulations tab on our website for more details.
*Subject to change based on updated IATF Guidelines.
Go On A Weekday And Avoid Holidays
Amusement parks, like Star City, tend to be crowded during the weekends and holidays. If your schedule permits you to visit on a weekday, take advantage of it! A crowd-free day will let you enjoy more rides and less queuing lines.
This one goes without saying! Wear a shirt, comfortable pants or shorts, and sneakers. It would also do you good if you pack an extra set of clothes and shoes, if possible.
Eat Before You Go Inside
Not only will it give you that extra bit of energy, it will also help you save money, as food stalls inside are more expensive than the ones outside. There are a few fast-food joints outside the park and in the CCP Complex as well.
Here's a list of restaurants and food places nearby Star City:
STAYCATION NEAR STAR CITY
Here are hotels and staycation you can book near the Upside Down Museum:
- Ocean Blue Properties (SMDC Blue Residences) - See Rates and Availability!
- Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila (Staycation and Multi-use Hotel) - See Rates and Availability!
- Lime Resort Manila - See Rates and Availability!
- Selah Pods Hotel - See Rates and Availability!
- Century Park Hotel - See Rates and Availability!
- RedDoorz near OWWA Pasay - See Rates and Availability!
- JEN Manila by Shangri-La - See Rates and Availability!
- Hotel Sogo Roxas Blvd. - See Rates and Availability!
- Orchid Garden Suites - See Rates and Availability!
Some other attractions to see and things to do nearby Star City:
- Go to Cultural Center Of The Philippines (CCP)
- Visit Rizal Park
- Visit the Dolomite Beach in Manila Bay
- Have a relaxing staycation at SMDC Blue Residences
- Food trip and shopping at SM Mall Of Asia
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Star City
- WHAT KIND OF TICKETS DO YOU SELL?We only sell the Star Pass and the Star Pass plus Snow World.The Star Pass gives access to the park and all rides, subject to individual ride restrictions. Price is P549. Snow World is subject to a separate fee.The Star Pass plus Snow World gives access to the park and all rides and Snow World, subject to individual ride restrictions. Price is P709.Please note that coin and token operated rides and games are subject to separate fees.We do not sell entrance only tickets. The Star Pass has both an admission fee component (P80) and rides/facilities component. It is however sold as a single bundled whole.
- WHERE CAN I BUY STAR PASS & SNOW WORLD PASSES?To be sure you are purchasing valid and genuine tickets, purchase only from www.starcity.com.ph or the Star City Gate.
- CAN I AVAIL OF THE PWD & SENIOR CITIZENS DISCOUNT?Yes, PWD & Senior Citizen discount can be availed of at the designated priority lane located at the main entrance. The online system cannot process PWD or Senior Citizen discount eligible purchases.
- ARE CHILDREN FREE OF CHARGE?Children below 34 inches may enter for free.
- ARE PETS ALLOWED?Pets are not allowed inside the park.
- ARE FACE MASKS REQUIRED?Under Alert Level 1, face masks should be worn at all times while inside the park’s premises.
- DO YOU ALLOW BRINGING IN OF FOOD AND BEVERAGE INSIDE THE PARK?Food and beverage from outside are not allowed to be brought inside the park except for baby milk and food items.
- IS A HEALTH DECLARATION REQUIRED?Under Alert Level 1, health declaration forms are no longer mandatory.
- DO YOU OFFER BIRTHDAY PROMOS?Birthday celebrator will get FREE STAR PASS - just bringing 4 paying companions.
ACTIVITIES AND TOURS IN MANILA
OTHER ATTRACTIONS AND THEME PARKS IN THE PHILIPPINES
Here are other amusement and theme parks to try around the country:
- AQUA PLANET COMPLETE PARK GUIDE: Amenities, Activities, Directions & Discounted Pass
- MANILA OCEAN PARK: What To See, Things To Do and Discounted Pass
- ENCHANTED KINGDOM PARK GUIDE: Ride-All-You Can Pass, How To Get There, Things To Do and Best Rides To Try
- SKY RANCH TAGAYTAY: Amusement Park Guide, List Of Rides, Ticket Price
- INFLATABLE ISLAND: Guide to Asia's Biggest Floating Playground in Subic, Zambales (Fun Activities + Discounted Play Pass)
- RAINFOREST ADVENTURE PARK: Things To Do and Attractions To See at Pasig RAVE
- KINDERCITY: Fun in the Playground (Entrance Fee, Schedule, How to Book)
- PARADIZOO: a theme farm in Mendez, Cavite
- BAGUIO CITY GUIDE: Burnham Park (Facts and Activities)
- FANTASY WORLD: A Guide To The Abandoned Disneyland Of The Philippines (Lemery, Batangas)
- VIGAN CITY: What to see at Baluarte Zoo (Entrance Fee + Things To Do)
- THE PUZZLE MANSION: Guide to the Largest Jigsaw Puzzle Collection in the World (Entrance Fee + How To Get There
- GINGERBREAD HOUSE in Alfonso, Cavite: the first in the Philippines!
- TAGAYTAY: Picnic Grove (Directions, Activities and Amenities)
- TORRES FARM AND RESORT: Around the World experience in Naic, Cavite
STAR CITY PARK REGULATIONS
Rules and Regulations
- In order to provide a safe, comfortable environment for all of our guests, our security officers will conduct bag/baggage checks at the main entrance.
- Pets are not allowed
- Parents and guardians are responsible for the safety of their children while inside the park.
- Certain items which are deemed dangerous or offensive may be prohibited from being brought into the park. Illegal drugs, firearms, other harmful items, as well as two-way radios are strictly prohibited inside the park.
- With the exception of baby food items, outside food and/or beverages are not allowed inside the park.
- Star City reserves the right not to allow persons with heart ailments, motion sickness, or other medical, physical or mental conditions requiring special attention on certain rides and attractions.
- Any ride or attraction currently under maintenance will be prominently posted the park’s video screens and seller’s booths.
- During the course of operations, the park reserves the right to discontinue the operation of a ride or attraction if in the interest of safety it feels circumstances so warrant.
- Occasionally during unfavorable weather conditions, the operation of certain rides may need to be suspended. The park will not provide refunds due to inclement weather.
- Star City reserves the right to, without prior notice, change its operating hours, temporarily close the park or any part of it, or suspend/close a ride or attraction due to capacity or safety concerns or inclement weather.
- Guests are responsible for their personal belongings. Star City will not be liable for any loss or damage to guests’ personal property.
- Star City reserves the right to refuse entry to or dismiss from the premises without refund any person for failure to comply with any of the park rules, or for unsafe, illegal or offensive behavior.
- Please follow all safety warnings and notices.
- For your safety, while on a ride or attraction, remain seated with hands, arms, feet and legs inside the vehicle. Do not touch or hold mechanical props and other equipment inside the attractions.
- Each guest has different capabilities and limitations, and every ride or attraction has associated risks. Please carefully observe and evaluate each ride and attraction to determine if you or members of your party can safely take it.
- Children below 34 inches have free admission.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Individual ride restrictions should be strictly followed.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without IMFWJ's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.
Click here to subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
Click here to subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
WHERE TO STAY IN PASAY:Pasay Hotels & Resorts | Pasay Transient for Rent
star city ticket star city entrance fee 2022 star city 2022 star city manila star city ticket online star city entrance fee star city schedule star city address
Let us know your thoughts!