The development of the Clark International Airport (CRK) into one of the country’s premier international gateways is about to hit another milestone after the Department of Transportation (DOTr) announced that its new passenger terminal building is almost complete.
In a Facebook post on Friday, the DOTr said the new passenger terminal building (PTB), which will increase CRK’s current 4.2 million annual passenger capacity to 12.2 million, was 99.14 percent complete as of June 30.
Despite some setbacks brought by the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) pandemic, it said the project was being rolled out at an accelerated pace.
“In the midst of the current pandemic, stringent health and safety measures were put in place, when work resumed,” the DOTr said.
Named as one of the key projects under the Duterte administration’s “Build, Build, Build” program, it said the development of “Asia’s Next Premier Gateway” would also help ease air traffic congestion at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport.
During the pre-State of the Nation Address virtual briefing on Wednesday, Public Works Secretary Mark Villar said the first phase of the 19.8-km. access road to CRK from New Clark City in Tarlac is almost complete at 88 percent.
Once the three phases are complete, Villar said the road would create a direct link from the Clark Main Zone and CRK to New Clark City.
WHERE TO STAY NEAR CLARK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Here's a list of best hotels and accommodation nearby Clark (room rates from Php 1,000 to Php 5,000 per night):
- Capitol Hill Hotel and Suites - Check Rates and Availability!
- Oasis Hotel - Check Rates and Availability!
- Red Planet Angeles City - Check Rates and Availability!
- Rumi Apartelle Hotel - Check Rates and Availability!
- Xenia Hotel Clark - Multi Use Hotel - Check Rates and Availability!
- Clarkton Hotel - Check Rates and Availability!
- Park Inn by Radisson Clark - Check Rates and Availability!
- Hotel Snow - Check Rates and Availability!
WHERE TO GO FROM CLARK, PAMPANGA
Here's a list of tourist spots and things to do from Clark City:
- AQUA PLANET COMPLETE PARK GUIDE: Amenities, Activities, Directions & Discounted Pass
- VIGAN CITY: What to see at Baluarte Zoo (Entrance Fee + Things To Do)
- INFLATABLE ISLAND: Guide to Asia's Biggest Floating Playground in Subic, Zambales (Fun Activities + Discounted Play Pass)
- 20+ Best Glamping Resorts in the Philippines
- 10 Santorini-inspired resorts in the Philippines
- GUIDE TO LIWLIWA: Surfing Spot in Zambales (List Of Resorts + Things To Do)
- Philippines Travel Requirements: Now Open for Destinations for Leisure Tourism and Restrictions
- TRAVEL GUIDE: Seven Must-Visit Beaches Near Manila
- NUEVA ECIJA: Camp Paraiso Hotel & Resort (Rates + How To Get There)
- NUEVA ECIJA'S BEST: Armando's Garden Resort (Entrance Fee + Room Rates)
OTHER INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS IN THE PHILIPPINES
- This bridge will connect Panay, Guimaras and Negros islands!
- Luzon Spine Expressway Network - Connecting North and South Luzon
- South East Metro Manila Expressway - is it the most awaited answer to our congested traffic in the metro?
- SKYWAY STAGE 3: All You Need To Know
- List of national infrastructures in Taguig under Build, Build, Build program
- DPWH to start Laguna Lakeshore Road Network Project in December
- SMC to 'revive' Pasig River as part of PAREX project
- NLEX Harbor Link Reduces Travel Time From Quezon To Manila From 2 Hours To 20 Minutes
- Sorsogon Coastal Road is now open
- Clark International Airport new terminal building officially opens
- PH’s virology center to rise in New Clark City
Let us know your thoughts!