The government’s massive infrastructure projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program are not only starting point for the country’s swift recovery after the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) pandemic but are also economic benefits.
DUTERTE'S 5TH SONASpeaking in his 5th State of the Nation Address Monday, President Rodrigo R. Duterte said, “To realize the maximum benefit from the country’s investments, the infrastructure projects under the ‘Build, Build, Build’ Program, which are labor and capital intensive, are not mere springboards for the country’s swift recovery [post]-pandemic.
They are economic benefits --- economic benefits to be distributed to all corners of the country and push sustainability in urban centers, particularly Metro Manila. He also cited the statements of the government’s economic cluster that investments in infrastructure will help start up the economy which will benefit the people.
Duterte said the Department of Public Works and Highways has resumed the construction of some key infrastructure projects such as the North Luzon Expressway Harbor Link, the NLEX-SLEX Connector, the Cavite-Laguna Expressway, the Metro Manila Skyway Stage 3, the R-1 Bridge Project, the Tarlac-Pangasinan-La Union Expressway Project, and the Subic Freeport Expressway Project, among others.
Duterte said the government is set to release a report of the accomplishments under ‘Build, Build, Build’.
“We have accomplished significant infrastructure projects under the ‘Build, Build, Build’ Program. I will not dwell lengthily on the nitty-gritty of our infrastructure accomplishments now lest I bore you. Instead we will release a comprehensive written report on our collective milestones and the details of accomplishments to remind us that perseverance, patience and determination will help us move forward even in the most difficult of times,” he added.
From 2017 to 2022, the government will be building roads, bridges, airport, railways among others, with a total budget of PHP8 trillion, under the ‘Build, Build, Build’ program.
- Drive Ilocos to Bicol in eight hours soon!
- Clark International Airport new terminal 99.14% complete
- CCLEX opens by December 2020
OTHER INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS IN THE PHILIPPINES
- This bridge will connect Panay, Guimaras and Negros islands!
- Luzon Spine Expressway Network - Connecting North and South Luzon
- South East Metro Manila Expressway - is it the most awaited answer to our congested traffic in the metro?
- SKYWAY STAGE 3: All You Need To Know
- List of national infrastructures in Taguig under Build, Build, Build program
- DPWH to start Laguna Lakeshore Road Network Project in December
- SMC to 'revive' Pasig River as part of PAREX project
- NLEX Harbor Link Reduces Travel Time From Quezon To Manila From 2 Hours To 20 Minutes
- Sorsogon Coastal Road is now open
- Clark International Airport new terminal building officially opens
- PH’s virology center to rise in New Clark City