Abra is a landlocked province of the Philippines in the Cordillera Administrative Region in Luzon. Its capital is Bangued. The province is home to country's tourists spots like the Abra River, Don Mariano Marcos Bridge, Kaparkan Falls, Kimkimay Lake, Libtec Underground River, Lusuac Spring and more.
Located in the northern part of Luzon, travel time from Manila to Abra would take eight (8) hours on a land trip and a few hours by air via Laoag (Laoag International Airport).
In this guide, you will learn different ways to travel Abra from Metro Manila and different parts of the country such as Baguio, Vigan, Laoag and Tugegarao.
Aside from traveling via plane, the best way (direct way) to reach Abra (via Bangued) is by taking a bus ride. Here are 7 bus companies that offer regular trips from and to Bangued, Abra:
- Partas Bus Lines (Bangued to/from Manila, Baguio)
- Dominion Bus Lines (Bangued to/from Manila, Baguio)
- Philippine Rabbit (Bangued to/from Manila, Baguio)
- Sambrano Bus Lines (Bangued to/from Baguio)
- Viron Bus Lines (Bangued to/from Manila)
- BBL Transit (Bangued to/from Baguio, Vigan, Laoag)
- Esonice Bus Lines (Bangued to/from Vigan, Tuguegarao)
Before going to Abra, you might want to check the live weather forecast and updates to make your trip even easier and safer for you. You can also get the latest report for land traffic in Metro Manila and major parts of the Philippines.
WHAT TO BRING FOR ABRA
Here are some things you might consider bringing with you for your day tour / adventure:
- Stylish face mask
- Water container/tumbler to rehydrate
- Sunscreen for skin protection
- Goggles for swimming or snorkeling
- Stylish Swimsuit
- Travel backpack / luggage
- Reusable vacuum storage packs
- Selfie stick
- Waterproof phone case
- Acion cam
- Camping tent
- WiFi kit
- Power bank
Shopee is my go-to app for things I needed like the ones above. If you'd like discounts and vouchers, you may get the best offers here:
Partas Bus Lines
Partas Bus offers daily bus trips from Manila to Abra vice versa. The bus company's name is said to be reverse version of Persian word "satrap", meaning "governor". The bus company is owned by Mr. Chavit Singson who was the governor of Ilocos Sur for several terms.
Coincidentally, "Partas" sounds similar to the Ilocano word "pardas" which means "fast" or "speed". This is probably why their buses are adorned with the Looney Tunes' Road Runner character!
Partas Bus operates a 24/7 cargo and passenger transport service that connects NCR to Northern Luzon provinces and vice versa.
Partas Bus Schedule Manila to Abra & Abra to Manila
PARTAS Bus Manila to Abra Schedule [ Find Tickets ]
- Cubao - Bangued, Abra
PARTAS Bus Abra to Manila Schedules [ Find Tickets ]
- Bangued, Abra - Cubao
7:00PM, 9:00PM, 9:30PM
PARTAS Bus Baguio to Abra Schedules [ Find Tickets ]
- Baguio - Bangued, Abra (Deluxe Bus)
8:00 AM, 3:00 PM
Partas Bus Fares to Abra
- Cubao - Bangued
- Pasay - Bangued
Class: Express First Class
- Pasay - Bangued
- Baguio - Bangued
Dominion Bus Lines
Dominion Bus was founded in the 1960s under a different name: Times Transit Transportation Co. Although they changed their business name, they retained the same livery of their buses.
|Dominion Bus Lines|
Dominion Bus is known for transporting passengers and cargo from Manila to North Western Luzon.
Dominion Bus Schedule Manila to Abra & Abra to Manila
Dominion Bus Manila to Abra Schedules [ Find Tickets ]
- Cubao - Bangued, Abra
5:30AM, 7:30AM, 1:00PM, 5:00PM, 8:00PM, 9:00PM
Dominion Bus Fares to Abra
- Cubao - Abra
Viron Transit Bus
Before Viron Transportation was founded, Atty. Virgilio Rondaris was the general manager of Times Transportation Co. Inc. He learned valuable lessons from operating a bus company for seven years.
|Viron Transit Bus|
Viron Bus Schedule Manila to Abra & Abra to Manila
Viron Bus Manila to Abra Bus Schedules
- Manila / Dapitan Terminal - Bangued, Abra [ Find Tickets ]
4:00AM, 10:00AM, 9:00PM
Viron Bus Fares to Abra
- Cubao - Abra
How To Book a Trip / Reserve a Ticket
Here's a step-by-step guide on how you can get a ticket or check available trips online:
- Go to this link and INPUT the origin and destination in the search box (eg. Manila - Baguio)
- Input the dates of your desired arrival.
- Choose if it is One-way or Return trip.
- Choose the number of seats you wish to book or reserve
- Then click Find Tickets to search for the available trips
By Taxi or Private Car
For those who are bringing own vehicle, you may use Waze or Google Maps for directions. If you don’t have a private vehicle, you can rent a car or van here.
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN ABRA
BANGUED BUS TERMINALS
Most of the bus terminals in Abra are mainly located in Bangued, the capital town of the province. Bus companies like Partas, Dominion and Baguio Bus Lines have their own bus terminals in Bangued.
WHERE TO STAY IN ABRA
Here are some of the hotels and resorts accommodation you book for your stay in Abra (mostly in Bangued):
- Strutz Art Garden Resort - Check Rates and Availability!
Address: Nagtong-o, Calaba, Bangued, Abra
- Abrassi Hotel and Restaurant - Check Rates and Availability!
Address: Pila, Patucannay, Tayum near Bangued, Abra
- Abra Valley Grand Hotel - Check Rates and Availability!
Address: Capitulacion St, Calaba, Bangued, Abra
|Abra Valley Grand Hotel|
ACTIVITIES AND TOURS IN MANILA
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The following are the most frequently asked questions about traveling to Abra Province:
- Where in the Philippines is Abra located?
Abra is located on Northern Luzon.
- How far is it from Manila to Abra?
About 7 hr. 40 min. drive (433.0 km) via MacArthur Hwy/Manila N. Rd.
- Is Abra near Baguio City?
The distance between Province of Abra and Baguio City is 131 km. The road distance is 220 km.
- What Abra is known for?
Abra, located in northern Luzon of the Philippines, is referred to as the “Natural Dye Capital of the Philippines” for its abundance of natural dye-producing materials and practices, handed down through generations of the indigenous Itneg/Tingguian people.
Know more about this province by visiting - ABRA PROVINCE GUIDE
OTHER TRANSPORTATION INFO IN PH
- PITX GUIDE: Parañaque Integrated Terminal Exchange (Routes, How To Book Ticket, How To Get There)
- Metro Manila Bus Transit Map
- List of Ferry Operators in the Philippines
- List of Airlines in the Philippines
- List of Airports in the Philippines
- List of Railways and Metro Rail Lines in the Philippines
- List of Major Roads in Metro Manila
manila to abra distance manila to abra travel time manila to bangued abra manila to abra bus manila to abra bus fare manila to abra bus distance cubao to abra pasay to abra bus baguio to abra vigan to abra laoag to abra tugegarao to abra
Let us know your thoughts!