This is your travel and transportation guide for Ifugao.
Ifugao is a landlocked province of the Philippines in the Cordillera Administrative Region in Luzon. It is home to a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Rice Terraces of the Philippine Cordilleras and Banaue Rice Terraces.
Visit my Ifugao Travel Guide to know more about this province.
In this guide, you will learn different ways to travel Ifugao from Metro Manila and different parts of the country such as Clark, Baguio, Cauayan and Tuguegarao.
Ifugao Transportation Key Points
Here are the things you must remember and consider for your trip to Ifugao:
- Athough Lagawe is Ifugao's capital, Banaue is the most visited place in the province.
- Banaue is about 2-3 hours drive from Bontoc, Mountain Province.
- Manila to Ifugao (Banaue) takes roughly 10-12 hours travel time depending on the chosen route and stops.
- There is at least 4 major roads connecting Ifugao to neighboring provinces:
- Tinoc-Kiangan-Asipulo-Lagawe Road to the southwest (accessing Tinoc from Buguias, Benguet)
- Nueva Vizcaya-Ifugao-Mountain Province Road to the northwest (accessing Banaue from Bontoc, Mountain Province) and to the south central (accessing Lamut from Bagabag, Nueva Vizcaya)
- Lista-Paracelis Road to the northeast (accessing Alfonso Lista from Paracelis, Mountain Province)
- Banaue-Mayoyao-Alfonso Lista-Isabela Boundary Road to southeast (accessing Alfonso Lista and Aguinaldo from Ramon, Isabela)
Manila to Ifugao by Private Car
As mentioned above, there's a few roads you can take if you are going to drive to Ifugao from different access points. If you are going to bring your own vehicle from Manila, prepare yourself for a long (half day) drive to Ifugao.
For those who are going to Banaue, the fastest way is by taking the route to Nueva Vizcaya from the south of Ifugao. However, if you plan to have it as a side trip to Sagada, you may opt to drive to Bontoc instead.
For me, the way from Nueva Vizcaya will be less harder since the roads from the province are located in its valleys (mostly near Magat River). Either way will take 10-12 hours depending to your itinerary and long hours of rough road driving.
Same should be expected if you are coming from Isabela or Cagayan, too.
For those who are bringing own vehicle, you may use Waze or Google Maps for directions. If you don’t have a private vehicle, you can rent a car or van here.
Before going to Ifugao, you might want to check the live weather forecast and updates to make your trip even easier and safer for you. You can also get the latest report for land traffic in Metro Manila and major parts of the Philippines.
Public Commuting to Ifugao
There are several ways to get to Ifugao, the most common being from Manila. You can also fly to an alternate airport (Baguio, Cauayan or Tuguegarao), however the time will be approximately the same, but the cost will be significantly more.
Manila / Clark to Banaue by Plane
Is possible to get to Banaue by plane? There are flights coming from Manila with Cebu Pacific and from Clark International Airport with Philippine Airlines to Cauayan Airport which is 3 hours van ride from Banaue. There are daily flights from Manila to Cauayan early morning with Cebu Pacific.
Once you are in Cauayan Airport you have to ride a 3 hours van on the way to Banaue. There are private vans going to Banaue or you can get a bus to Santiago City. From Santiago City a bus to Banaue if you want to save money.
Manila to Banaue by Bus
Traveling to Banaue is a long journey and may be a bit difficult due to the road conditions especially as you approach the mountainous regions.
Here are buses that have direct trip from Manila to Banaue (vice versa):
Coda Bus Manila to Banaue Schedules [ Find Tickets ]
- Cubao - Banaue, Ifugao 5:10PM, 6:10PM, 6:30PM, 7:00PM, 9:00PM
- Banaue, Ifugao - Cubao 7:00PM
Coda Bus Fares [ Find Tickets ]
- Manila - Banaue Express ₱667
- Manila - Banaue VIP ₱780
Ohayami Trans Manila to Banaue Schedules [ Find Tickets ]
- Cubao - Banaue 9:00PM, 10:00PM
- Banaue - Cubao 6:30PM, 7:00PM
Banaue and Lagawe from Baguio by Bus
Ohayami Trans offer daily bus trips from Baguio to Lagawe and Banaue:
Ohayami Trans Baguio to Lagawe Schedules [ Find Tickets ]
- Baguio - Lagawe 9:00PM
- Lagawe - Baguio 6:30PM
Ohayami Trans Baguio to Banaue Schedules [ Find Tickets ]
- Baguio - Banaue 9:00PM
- Banaue - Baguio 5:30PM
Ohayami Trans Bus Fares [ Find Tickets ]
- Manila Banaue Regular AC ₱540
- Manila Lagawe Regular AC ₱500
- Baguio Banaue Regular AC ₱480
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN MANILA
Tuguegarao to Banaue by Bus
Aladdin Transit operates a bus from Cagayan Valley to Banaue, Ifugao 4 times a day. Tickets cost ₱150 and the journey takes 3-4 hours.
Aladdin Transit Tuguegarao to Banaue Schedule and Fare [ Find Tickets ]
- Tuguegarao to Banaue 10:00AM
- Fare: ₱150
Angeles City to Banaue by Bus
From Clark you have to go to Dau Bus Terminal and get the bus going to Tuguegarao. Just buy the ticket until Bagabag. From Bagabag take the jeepney or bus going to Banaue. The best option is the bus leaving at 11 pm only available Friday and Saturday. You will get Bagabag around 5 am and from there around 3 hours to Banaue.
How To Book a Trip / Reserve a Ticket
Here's a step-by-step guide on how you can get a ticket or check available trips online:
- Go to this link and INPUT the origin and destination in the search box (eg. Manila - Baguio)
- Input the dates of your desired arrival.
- Choose if it is One-way or Return trip.
- Choose the number of seats you wish to book or reserve
- Then click Find Tickets to search for the available trips
ACTIVITIES AND TOURS IN MANILA
Getting to and Around Ifugao by Jeepney
Last by not least, you can also go to and from anywhere in Ifugao by PUJs or jeepneys. Here are some of the popular routes you can take for your Ifugao trip.
How to get to Banaue from Sagada
From Sagada to Banaue you have to get a jeepney to Bontoc around 45 minutes ride and 50 PHP. From Bontoc there are vans going to Banaue from 8 am to 1 pm. Make sure you are on time! The trip from Bontoc to Banaue will take 2 hours and prices are around 170 PHP per person.
How to get to Banaue from Batad Rice Terraces
There are jeepneys going from Banue to Batad. It will take around one hour and it costs 150 PHP. There is an enviromenta fee in Batad 50 PHP. Once you leave the jeepney there is 20 minutes hike to Batad Rice terraces. The hike is easy and you can join a tour or hire a guide.
There are only two daily jeepneys leaving from the public market in Banaue. If you miss the jeepney you can go by tricycle and it will cost you around 500 PHP.
Where to Stay in Ifugao (Accommodation List)
Here are some of the hotels and resorts accommodation you book for your stay in Ifugao:
|Hillside Inn and Restaurant|
- Banaue Hotel - Check Rates and Availability!
Location: Town Center, Banaue, Ifugao
- Native Village Inn - Check Rates and Availability!
Location: Barangay Uhaj, Town Center, Banaue, Ifugao
- Batad View Inn and Restaurant - Check Rates and Availability!
Location: Chungchung Batad, Banaue, Ifugao
- Hillside Inn and Restaurant - Check Rates and Availability!
Location: Viewpoint, Upper Batad, Batad, Banaue, Ifugao
- Banaue Evergreen Hostel and Restaurant - Check Rates and Availability!
Location: Ilogue Tam-an First and Second Floor, Town Center, Banaue, Ifugao
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Ifugao
The following are the most frequently asked questions about the Ifugao province.
- Where in the Philippines is Ifugao located?
Ifugao is located on northern central section of Luzon.
- Is Ifugao a city or province?
Ifugao is a province.
- What is the Capital of Ifugao?
The capital of Ifugao is Lagawe.
- What is Ifugao famous or known for?
Ifugao is famous or known for Banaue Rice Terraces
Know more about this province by visiting - IFUGAO PROVINCE GUIDE
OTHER TRANSPORTATION INFO IN PH
- PITX GUIDE: Parañaque Integrated Terminal Exchange (Routes, How To Book Ticket, How To Get There)
- Metro Manila Bus Transit Map
- List of Ferry Operators in the Philippines
- List of Airlines in the Philippines
- List of Airports in the Philippines
- List of Railways and Metro Rail Lines in the Philippines
- List of Major Roads in Metro Manila
manila to ifugao bus manila to banaue distance banaue to manila bus coda lines manila to banaue manila to lagawe, ifugao bus fare manila to banaue by car banaue to manila bus schedule baguio to banaue bus
Let us know your thoughts!