About Laoag International Airport
Laoag International Airport is the main airport serving the general area of Laoag, the capital city of the province of Ilocos Norte in the Philippines. It is the only airport in Ilocos Norte and is the northernmost international airport in the country.
|Inside Laoag International Airport
It has one 2,784-meter runway and is designated as a secondary/alternate international airport by the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines, a body of the Department of Transportation that is responsible for the operations of not only this airport but also of all other airports in the Philippines except the major international airports.
For Your Trip to the Philippines
How much does it cost to visit The Philippines? Click below to compare rates and discounts online:
Tours & Activities
Popular booked by other travelers
LAOAG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT INFO
- In Ilocano: Sangalubongan a Pagpatayaban ti Laoag
- In Filipino: Paliparang Pandaigdig ng Laoag
- IATA: LAO
- ICAO: RPLI
- Airport type: Public
- Operator: Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines
- Serves: Laoag
- Location: Laoag Airport Road, Brgy. 36-Araniw, Laoag, Ilocos Norte, Philippines
- Time zone: PHT (UTC+08:00)
- Elevation AMSL: 8 m / 25 ft
- Coordinates: 18°10′41″N 120°31′55″E
Here are some things you might consider bringing with you for your day tour / adventure:
- Stylish face mask
- Water container/tumbler to rehydrate
- Sunscreen for skin protection
- Goggles for swimming or snorkeling
- Stylish Swimsuit
- Travel backpack / luggage
- Reusable vacuum storage packs
- Selfie stick
- Waterproof phone case
- Acion cam
- Camping tent
- WiFi kit
- Power bank
Shopee is my go-to app for things I needed like the ones above. If you'd like discounts and vouchers, you may get the best offers here:
The airport currently has a single 2,784-meter (9,134 ft) with 45 meters (148 ft) of width. The runway runs at a direction of 01°/19°. It is equipped with runway lights but not an instrument landing system, limiting operations during severe weather. Since March 2022, the airport can accommodate wide-body aircraft such as the Airbus A330.
A single terminal building serves both passenger and cargo traffic. As an international airport, it houses immigration desks for screening of arriving international passengers. It is also equipped with a carousel baggage at the reclaim area for passengers with checked-in items.
The terminal previously had a combined capacity of 140 international and domestic passengers. It has since been expanded in 2021 to accommodate 200 international and 240 domestic passengers.
Airlines and Destinations
- PAL Express - Manila
Compare Air Fares
A quick and easy way to do this is to use flight search engines A.K.A airfare comparison sites. Get started by following the steps below:
Step 1: Visit the best flight search engines listed below (click the links to open a new tab).
Step 2: Enter your destinations and travel dates to compare airfares.
Step 3: Go back to this page and select another flight search engine.
Step 4: Repeat steps #2 & #3 until you visit all sites listed.
Step 5: Review the airfare results to find out which airline/site offers the cheapest prices. Take note of all the airlines listed. Use the “Filter” feature to see a list of airlines that fly to your destination.
Airline Promo Fares
If you are looking for cheap flights in the Philippines, see airlines listed below or view all promo fares:
OTHER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS IN THE PHILIPPINES
- Bacolod–Silay International Airport [BCD]
Location: Silay, Negros Occidental (Negros Island)
- Bicol International Airport [LGP]
Location: Daraga, Albay (Bicol Region)
- Bohol–Panglao International Airport [TAG] (New Bohol Int'l.)
Location: Panglao Island, Bohol (Central Visayas)
- Cagayan North International Airport [LLC]
Location: Lal-lo, Cagayan (Cagayan Valley)
- Clark International Airport [CRK]
Location: Mabalacat, Pampanga (Greater Manila Area)
- Francisco Bangoy International Airport [DVO]
Location: Davao City (Davao Region)
- General Santos International Airport [GES] (Tambler Airport)
Location: General Santos (Soccsksargen)
- Iloilo International Airport [ILO]
Location: Cabatuan, Iloilo (Western Visayas)
- Kalibo International Airport [KLO]
Location: Kalibo, Aklan (Western Visayas)
- Laguindingan International Airport [CGY]
Location: Laguindingan, Misamis Oriental (Northern Mindanao)
- Mactan–Cebu International Airport [CEB]
Location: Lapu-Lapu City (Central Visayas)
- Ninoy Aquino International Airport [MNL]
Location: Pasay / Parañaque (Greater Manila Area)
- Puerto Princesa International Airport [PPS]
Location: Puerto Princesa (Palawan)
- Subic Bay International Airport [SFS]
Location: Morong, Bataan (Greater Manila Area)
- Zamboanga International Airport [ZAM]
Location: Zamboanga City (Zamboanga Peninsula)
To see all airports, visit - LIST OF AIRPORTS IN THE PHILIPPINES
How To Book a Trip / Reserve a Ticket
Here's a step-by-step guide on how you can get a ticket or check available trips online:
- Go to this link and INPUT the origin and destination in the search box (eg. Manila - Boracay)
- Input the dates of your desired arrival.
- Choose if it is One-way or Return trip.
- Choose the number of seats you wish to book or reserve
- Then click Find Tickets to search for the available trips
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN ILOCOS NORTEKlook.com
WHERE TO GO FROM LAOAG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Here are top tourist destinations to visit near Laoag International Airport:
St. William Cathedral
Laoag Cathedral, canonically known as Saint William Cathedral (Spanish: Catedral de San Guillermo) is a church in Laoag City, Ilocos Norte, Philippines. The current church was built in 1612 by Augustinian friars to replace a wooden chapel. It also serves as the seat or central church of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Laoag.
The Sinking Bell Tower
This 45-meter bell tower in Ilocos Norte was built by the Augustinians in 1612 and was once one of the tallest bell tower in the Philippines back then. Although it belongs to St. Williams Cathedral, this structure is 85 meters away from the church. Funny thing, isn't it?
|St. Williams Cathedral Sinking Bell Tower
Laoag Sand Dunes
Smaller than Paoay Sand Dunes, Laoag Sand Dunes is an 85-square-kilometer protected sandy coastal desert and beach located in Laoag, Ilocos Norte, in the Philippines. The area is popular for recreational activities such as sandboarding and 4x4 vehicle riding.
Museo Ilocos Norte exhibits some old tools used in farming and fishing - the locals' main livelihood; typical Ilocano house furnishings; and framed pictures of old Ilocos. It also showcases Rattan-woven handicrafts, Traditional Ilocano clothing (Abel-Iloko cloths, and typical Ilocano costumes) and artifacts across the province. The museum is open on Monday-Saturday from 9AM to 5PM.
Abolition of Tobacco Monopoly Monument
The Abolition of Tobacco Monopoly Monument, along A. Bonifacio St., at the foot of Marcos Bridge, is an obelisk of clay and brick built erected in 1882 by alcalde mayor (provincial governor) Don Jose Moreno Lacalle as a gesture of thanksgiving to King Alfonso XII of Spain for abolishing the hated tobacco monopoly.
Aurora Park is situated at the center surrounded by the St. William Cathedral Church, Laoag City Hall, Marcos Hall of Justice, Ilocos Norte Provincial Capitol and the Sinking Bell Tower. The plaza was called Plaza de Alfonso XII after the King of Spain.
MORE TOURIST SPOTS IN ILOCOS NORTECheck out my Ilocos Travel Guide:
- TOP 10 Must-See Sights in Ilocos Norte (Best Tourist Spots!)
- Pagudpud Tourist Spots (Itinerary + Budget)
- Bangui Wind Turbines, the First Wind Farm in the Philippines
- Malacañang of the North and the Marcoses
- Patapat Viaduct - Connecting Ilocos and Cagayan Valley
- 4x4 Adventure at Paoay Sand Dunes
- Saint Augustine Church AKA Paoay Church
- La Virgen Milagrosa Chapel of Badoc
- Blue Lagoon, The Boracay of the North
- Kapurpurawan Rock Formation of Burgos
- Cape Bojeador Lighthouse of Burgos
- Marcos Museum and Mausoleum in Batac
- 10 Ilocano Food That Will Make You Crave For
WHERE TO STAY IN LAOAG
Knowing that Laoag is one of the top tourist destinations in the country, finding a place to stay here is not really a big challenge but of course, it would be ideal and less hassle to book your reservations as early as possible.
There are many budget hotels, transient houses and of course those luxury hotels to stay in. You can check our list of accommodation in Laoag City and see which one suits your budget.
ACTIVITIES AND TOURS IN MANILA
OTHER TRANSPORTATION INFO IN PH
laoag international airport address laoag international airport flight schedule is laoag international airport open laoag international airport runway laoag international airport flights laoag international airlines laoag international airport contact number laoag international airport history
- Metro Manila Bus Transit Map
- List of Ferry Operators in the Philippines
- List of Airlines in the Philippines
- List of Railways and Metro Rail Lines in the Philippines
- List of Major Roads in Metro Manila