The SIM Card Registration Act or RA 11934 mandates all SIM card users, both existing and new, to register their SIM cards with their respective telecommunications providers starting December 27, 2022.
RELATED: Globe now accepts online SIM registration
All local SIM cards, including eSIMs, are covered by the SIM Card Registration Act. All SIM card owners are required to register their SIM cards within 180 days from the date of the law’s effectivity. Failure to register your current or new TM Prepaid SIM card within the specified period will result in deactivation, making it useless for voice calls, internet access, text messaging, and other mobile services. SIM card registration is totally free of charge.
To see the SIM registration links for all networks, visit HOW TO REGISTER SIM CARD IN THE PHILIPPINES
Register New TM Prepaid SIM
New TM Prepaid subscribers need to register their SIMs within 120 days after the SIM Activation. If you fail to register within the period specified, your SIM will be deactivated automatically.
Therefore, you cannot use the SIM for calls, texts, and mobile data. However, a deactivated TM Prepaid SIM card will be given a 5-day grace period to register and get reactivated.
On April 25, 2023, Pres. Ferdinand Marcos Jr. approved the 90-day SIM registration extension.
To know more, visit SIM REGISTRATION DEADLINE: What Will Happen To Unregistered SIM Cards?
What information do I need to have my SIM card registered?
You need to provide the following information:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Government ID with photo
- Declaration that the ID presented is true and correct
For frequently asked questions, visit PHILIPPINE SIM CARD REGISTRATION: Guidelines and FAQs for Smart, Globe and DITO
WHERE TO BUY A SIM CARD IN THE PHILIPPINES
Here are the top mobile networks (where you can purchase and get a SIM card) in the Philippines:
Shopee is my go-to app for things I needed like the ones above. If you'd like discounts and vouchers, you may get the best offers here:
How to register your new TM SIM card
TM (Touch Mobile) has outlined their respective methods for registering SIM cards. Here’s how to register your TM SIM card:
- Go to the official TM SIM card registration website https://new.globe.com.ph/simreg
- Enter your 10-digit mobile number (ex. 9191234567) and click the “Register” button.
- If your SIM card is eligible for registration, you will be sent a One Time PIN (OTP) text message on your phone.
- For those with Mobile Prepaid Pocket WiFi or Home Prepaid WiFi devices, you would need to enter your device’s modem dashboard to access the inbox where you can find the OPT text message.
- Enter the OTP on the registration website. Take note that OTPs have an expiration date.
- Once your OTP has been validated, you can continue with the registration.
- Enter all the needed information: Full name, Date of Birth, Gender, Address, and Nationality.
- You will be asked to upload a valid ID and a selfie photo (as a declaration that the ID presented is valid and correct). For the list of accepted valid IDs, go here.
- You can also add your contact number and email address. This is optional.
- Double-check all information.
- Tick the check box of the telco’s privacy notice, Attestation of Completeness and Accuracy, and marketing and promotional permission (optional).
- Finish the registration process.
- You will be given a reference number that will appear on your screen to signify the completion of registration. Keep this reference number as proof of registration.
For TAGALOG guide, visit - SIM Card Registration in TAGALOG (Paano mag-register ng SIM?)
OTHER SIM CARD TO REGISTER IN THE PHILIPPINES
Accepted IDs for SIM card registration
Here's a list of accepted IDs you can use for SIM card registration:
- Philippine Identification Card (National ID)
- SSS ID
- GSIS e-Card
- Driver’s License
- NBI Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Firearms License to Own and Possess ID
- PRC ID
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID
- Overseas Workers Welfare and Administration ID
- BIR ID
- Voter’s ID
- Senior Citizen’s Card
- Unified Multi-purpose Identification Card
- PWD Card
- Other valid government-issued ID with photo
- List of Smart Mobile Number Prefixes in the Philippines
- List of Talk N' Text Mobile Number Prefixes in the Philippines
- List of Globe Mobile Number Prefixes in the Philippines (Including TM and Postpaid)
- List of Sun Cellular Mobile Number Prefixes in the Philippines
- List of DITO Mobile Number Prefixes in the Philippines