The SIM Card Registration Act or RA 11934 mandates all SIM card users, both existing and new, to register their SIM cards with their respective telecommunications providers starting December 27, 2022.
All local SIM cards, including eSIMs, are covered by the SIM Card Registration Act. All SIM card owners are required to register their SIM cards within 180 days from the date of the law’s effectivity. Failure to register your current or new TNT Prepaid SIM card within the specified period will result in deactivation, making it useless for voice calls, internet access, text messaging, and other mobile services. SIM card registration is totally free of charge.
To see the SIM registration links for all networks, visit HOW TO REGISTER SIM CARD IN THE PHILIPPINES
Register Existing TNT Prepaid SIM
Active Talk 'N Text subscribers, prior to the start of SIM registration (December 27, 2022), have a deadline of April 26, 2023, to register their SIMs. If you fail to register within the period specified, your SIM will be deactivated automatically.
To know more, visit SIM REGISTRATION DEADLINE: What Will Happen To Unregistered SIM Cards?
Therefore, you cannot use the SIM for calls, texts, and mobile data. However, a deactivated Talk 'N Text Prepaid SIM card will be given a 5-day grace period to register and get reactivated.
On April 25, 2023, Pres. Ferdinand Marcos Jr. approved the 90-day SIM registration extension.
What information do I need to have my SIM card registered?
You need to provide the following information:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Government ID with photo
- Declaration that the ID presented is true and correct
For frequently asked questions, visit PHILIPPINE SIM CARD REGISTRATION: Guidelines and FAQs for Smart, Globe and DITO
WHERE TO BUY A SIM CARD IN THE PHILIPPINES
Here are the top mobile networks (where you can purchase and get a SIM card) in the Philippines:
Shopee is my go-to app for things I needed like the ones above. If you'd like discounts and vouchers, you may get the best offers here:
How to register your Talk 'N Text SIM card
Talk 'N Text has outlined their respective methods for registering SIM cards. Here’s how to register your Talk 'N Text SIM card:
- Go to the official Talk 'N Text SIM card registration website: https://tntph.com/Pages/sim-reg
- Enter your 10-digit mobile number (ex. 9191234567) and click the “Register” button.
- If your SIM card is eligible for registration, you will be sent a One Time PIN (OTP) text message on your phone.
- For those with Mobile Prepaid Pocket WiFi or Home Prepaid WiFi devices, you would need to enter your device’s modem dashboard to access the inbox where you can find the OPT text message.
For TAGALOG guide, visit - SIM Card Registration in TAGALOG (Paano mag-register ng SIM?)
OTHER SIM CARD TO REGISTER IN THE PHILIPPINES
Accepted IDs for SIM card registration
Here's a list of accepted IDs you can use for SIM card registration:
- Philippine Identification Card (National ID)
- SSS ID
- GSIS e-Card
- Driver’s License
- NBI Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Firearms License to Own and Possess ID
- PRC ID
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID
- Overseas Workers Welfare and Administration ID
- BIR ID
- Voter’s ID
- Senior Citizen’s Card
- Unified Multi-purpose Identification Card
- PWD Card
- Other valid government-issued ID with photo
Other TNT Promos
- Talk N Text: List of TNT Internet Data Promos (All Data, Doble Giga, GigaSurf, Magic Data)
- Talk N Text: List of TNT Unli Calls and Texts Load Promos (AllNet, Unli Talk and Text)
- Talk N Text: List of Cheapest TNT Loads and Budget-Friendly Promos (Unli Txt, GaanTxt, Patok-O-Tex)
- Best Talk N Text TNT Data Promos for Mobile Legends (SurfSaya ML)
- Best Talk N Text TNT Data Promos for Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok)
- Best Talk N Text TNT Data Promos for Video Data / YouTube
- Best Talk N Text TNT Data Promos for Students
- Best Talk N Text TNT Giga Work Data Promos for Working and Office Messaging Apps (MS Word, Google Meet, GDrive, GSuite, Cisco WebEx, Viber)