DITO users can register their SIM cards via the telco's online SIM registration portal, the DITO app. This is required in order to comply with the SIM registration law, which seeks to prevent the spread of spam messages and scams.
The SIM Card Registration Act or RA 11934 mandates all SIM card users, both existing and new, to register their SIM cards with their respective telecommunications providers starting December 27, 2022.
All local SIM cards, including eSIMs, are covered by the SIM Card Registration Act. All SIM card owners are required to register their SIM cards within 180 days from the date of the law’s effectivity. Failure to register your current or new Globe Prepaid SIM card within the specified period will result in deactivation, making it useless for voice calls, internet access, text messaging, and other mobile services. SIM card registration is totally free of charge.
To see the SIM registration links for all networks, visit HOW TO REGISTER SIM CARD IN THE PHILIPPINES
Register Existing DITO Prepaid SIM
Active DITO Prepaid subscribers, prior to the start of SIM registration (December 27, 2022), have a deadline of April 26, 2023, to register their SIMs. If you fail to register within the period specified, your SIM will be deactivated automatically.
Therefore, you cannot use the SIM for calls, texts, and mobile data. However, a deactivated DITO Prepaid SIM card will be given a 5-day grace period to register and get reactivated.
On April 25, 2023, Pres. Ferdinand Marcos Jr. approved the 90-day SIM registration extension.
To know more, visit SIM REGISTRATION DEADLINE: What Will Happen To Unregistered SIM Cards?
What information do I need to have my SIM card registered?
You need to provide the following information:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Government ID with photo
- Declaration that the ID presented is true and correct
For frequently asked questions, visit PHILIPPINE SIM CARD REGISTRATION: Guidelines and FAQs for Smart, Globe and DITO
WHERE TO BUY A SIM CARD IN THE PHILIPPINES
Here are the top mobile networks (where you can purchase and get a SIM card) in the Philippines:
Shopee is my go-to app for things I needed like the ones above. If you'd like discounts and vouchers, you may get the best offers here:
How to register your DITO SIM via DITO App
DITO Telecommunity has outlined their respective methods for registering SIM cards. Here are the steps to register your DITO SIM:
STEP 1: Turn on your device's mobile data.
STEP 2: Open your DITO App on your Android or iOS device.
STEP 3: Click the "Register Here" banner.
STEP 4: Fill out all the required fields, including Name, Birthday, Gender, Identity Type, and Address. Upload a copy of your valid ID, as well as a photo of yourself carrying that ID.
STEP 5: After providing all of the necessary information, you can generate the OTP (One-Time PIN) code since it has a timer. Just click the "Get OTP" under the "Send SMS" field and enter the code that you'll receive via SMS.
STEP 6: Tick the checkbox to declare that all the information provided and the documents uploaded are true and correct. To agree to DITO's Data Privacy Statement, tick the second box. Tap the Submit button to complete the registration process.
Your DITO SIM card registration is now done. Take a photo or take a screenshot of the "Thank You" page and save the SIM Registration Number. This will serve as your proof of registration.
After your successful SIM registration, you will also receive free 2GB of data. The bonus data will be credited in 1 to 2 days upon registration.
For TAGALOG guide, visit - SIM Card Registration in TAGALOG (Paano mag-register ng SIM?)
OTHER SIM CARD TO REGISTER IN THE PHILIPPINES
Accepted IDs for SIM card registration
Here's a list of accepted IDs you can use for SIM card registration:
- Philippine Identification Card (National ID)
- SSS ID
- GSIS e-Card
- Driver’s License
- NBI Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Firearms License to Own and Possess ID
- PRC ID
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID
- Overseas Workers Welfare and Administration ID
- BIR ID
- Voter’s ID
- Senior Citizen’s Card
- Unified Multi-purpose Identification Card
- PWD Card
- Other valid government-issued ID with photo
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN MANILA
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to the most asked questions about DITO SIM registration.
How many SIM cards can be registered under a single user?
There's no limit as to how many SIMs may be registered under a subscriber's name.
How to register DITO SIM if a user is a minor?
SIMs for minors (below 18 years old) shall be registered under the name of the parent or legal guardian. To register the SIM, they will be required to present an ID and the consent of the minor's parent or guardian.
How to transfer the ownership of a DITO SIM card?
You can visit the nearest DITO Store to file a transfer of ownership.
What are the additional requirements for DITO Prepaid SIM for business?
For businesses and organizations to use DITO Prepaid SIMs, the following information is required:
- Business name
- Business address
- Full name of authorized signatory
Moreover, businesses will be required to submit the following documents:
- Certificate of Registration (SEC or DTI)
- In the case of corporations, a duly adopted board resolution designating the authorized representative, and in the case of other juridical entities, a special power of attorney
ACTIVITIES AND TOURS IN MANILA
I just recently switched to DITO via Mobile Number Portability. Should I still register my Prepaid SIM?
If you just recently transferred or switched to DITO through Mobile Number Portability, you should register your SIM again via the online portal.
I am currently abroad but using a DITO Prepaid SIM. Do I still have to register?
If you are traveling abroad and using DITO's roaming service, you need to register your SIM through DITO 's online registration portal to avoid deactivation.
What are the requirements to register DITO Prepaid SIM as a foreigner in the Philippines?
Foreigners will be required to submit the following documents:
- Required documents for foreign nationals visiting as tourists:
- Passport (copy of the page where the visa is stamped)
- Proof of address in the Philippines (like booking in a hotel or another type of accommodation)
- Return Ticket to country of origin or any other ticket indicating the date and time of departure from the Philippines
- Required documents for foreign nationals with other types of visas:
- Passport (copy of the page where the type of visa is shown)
- Proof of address in the Philippines
- Other relevant document, whichever is applicable: (1) Alien Employment Permit by DOLE; (2) Alien Certificate of Registration Identification Card (ACRI Card) by Bureau of Immigration or other types of official ID card issued by any other visa-issuing agency; (3) School registration and ID for students; (4) Type of travel or admission document validity issued by the DOJ for Persons of Concern (POC)
Note that the validity of SIM cards issued to tourists is only 30 days, after which they will be deactivated. It can only be extended upon the presentation of an approved visa extension. On the other hand, foreigners with other types of visas can obtain SIMs without the 30-day restriction.
What will I do if I lose my mobile phone or device with my registered DITO Prepaid SIM?
If you lose your mobile device with your registered SIM card, contact DITO and provide your full name, address, birthday, and mobile number. You can contact DITO through their official Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/DITOphofficial), or you can report it to the nearest DITO Store. Your lost DITO SIM will be permanently deactivated for your safety, and you will receive a new SIM with the same phone number.
What if I submit false information and a fake ID card during SIM registration?
Individuals who submit fraudulent information or fake IDs during the SIM registration process will face six months to two years in prison or a fine between PHP 100,000 and PHP 300,000, or both.
What to do if I experience errors or problems during SIM registration?
You can contact DITO's customer service hotline at 185, send a message to its Facebook Messenger (https://m.me/DITOphofficial), or report it to the DITO Store near you. Also, you can call the DICT complaint center via hotline number 1326.
- List of Smart Mobile Number Prefixes in the Philippines
- List of Talk N' Text Mobile Number Prefixes in the Philippines
- List of Globe Mobile Number Prefixes in the Philippines (Including TM and Postpaid)
- List of Sun Cellular Mobile Number Prefixes in the Philippines
- List of DITO Mobile Number Prefixes in the Philippines
Let us know your thoughts!