Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) confirmed on Monday.
In a Facebook post, DPWH Secretary Mark Villar said the completion and opening of the Pozorrubio, Pangasinan to Rosario, La Union Section of TPLEX are expected to drastically reduce travel time from Tarlac to Rosario by an hour from the current 3.5 hours.
“With the completion of the last portion of originally designed TPLEX towards Rosario Rotunda (formerly Pugo–Rosario Road/Manila North Road Junction), traveling to the Ilocos Region and Baguio City in the Cordilleras will now be easy,” Villar said.
The 88.85-kilometer, PHP24-billion four-lane toll road project implemented by DPWH involves the design, financing, construction, operation, and maintenance by the private sector.
The DPWH added the entire length of the tollway have nine exits: La Paz in Tarlac City, Victoria, Gerona, Paniqui and Moncada in Tarlac; Rosales, Urdaneta City and Pozorrubio in Pangasinan; and Rosario in La Union.
Powered by 12Go system
San Miguel Corporation’s Private Infrastructure Development Corporation holds the concession for TPLEX, which is integrated with Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway (SCTEx) and the North Luzon Expressway (NLEx) connecting the Central and Northern Luzon provinces to Manila and beyond.
- TOP 10 Best Tourist Spots in LUZON
- TOP 10 Must-See Sights in Ilocos Norte
- 4 Things to do in Coron
- List of Holidays in the Philippines
- List of Underrated But Worth-The-Money Eats In Tagaytay City
- 6 Romantic Destinations in the Philippines Except Boracay
- Seven Must-Visit Beaches Near Manila
- List of Batang 90s Snacks
- Your Ultimate Food Guide in Pasig
- 7 White Sand Beaches in Southern Luzon you should see and visit
- 7 Must-See Things in Marinduque
- TOP 10 Best Tourist Spots in London
- 10 Underrated Places In Europe Where Locals Don't Want Tourists To Spoil
- Travel Thoughts You Can Relate To
Resorts and Hotels