Here's your guide to Manila-Calatagan by bus.
You can easily get to Calatagan either by driving your own car or by taking the public transportation. The municipality is just three to four hours from Manila.
WHAT TO PACK FOR CALATAGAN
Here are some things you might consider bringing with you for your day tour / adventure:
- Stylish face mask
- Water container/tumbler to rehydrate
- Sunscreen for skin protection
- Goggles for swimming or snorkeling
- Stylish Swimsuit
- Travel backpack / luggage
- Reusable vacuum storage packs
- Selfie stick
- Waterproof phone case
- Acion cam
- Camping tent
- WiFi kit
- Power bank
Shopee is my go-to app for things I needed like the ones above. If you'd like discounts and vouchers, you may get the best offers here:
Calatagan is known for its epic coastline dotted with seafront gems that would satisfy any beach lover. Here, paradise stretches beyond the shores.
Flanked by Balayan Bay, Pagaspas Bay and Verde Island Passage, this peninsula’s waters are among the most biodiverse in the world. This means that snorkeling and scuba diving are exciting options when you head out into the sea.
Personally, I've been to Calatagan a few times. In 2014, I was lucky to join my girlfriend's barkada trip to Casa Astillero, a camping each resort in Barangay Sta. Ana, Calatagan.
DLTB has daily bus trips from Manila (Pasay Tramo, Cubao) to Batangas (Calatagan).
DLTB Bus Schedule (Manila to Calatagan)
Operating Hours: 4AM to 7PM
Bus Trip Frequency: Hourly
DLTB Bus Fare (Manila to Calatagan)
Estimated price: ₱190 - ₱290
If you are only doing a day tour, it is important to note that getting to the town center from the attractions may require you to contact a tricycle driver that will pick you up and bring you to the town center.
DLTB Bus Terminals
- DLTB Pasay Tramo
Address: M. Dela Cruz, Malibay, Pasay, Metro Manila [Get Direction]
- DLTB Terminal Cubao
Address: 821 Aurora Blvd, Cubao, Quezon City, Metro Manila [Get Direction]
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN MANILA
How To Book a Trip / Reserve a Ticket
Here's a step-by-step guide on how you can get a ticket or check available trips online:
- Go to this link and INPUT the origin and destination in the search box (eg. Manila - Baguio)
- Input the dates of your desired arrival.
- Choose if it is One-way or Return trip.
- Choose the number of seats you wish to book or reserve
- Then click Find Tickets to search for the available trips
ACTIVITIES AND TOURS IN MANILA
Headquarters: DLTB Co., Turbina, Calamba, Laguna
Contact Numbers: +63 933 824 7198
Calatagan Beach Resorts
Here are top resorts you can book in Calatagan, Batangas:
Stilts Calatagan Resort
Often called “the Maldives of the Philippines”, just 3-4 hours away from the busy capital, the resort offers the much needed getaway in the best of tropical traditions.
At Stilts, you have the option of staying in a beach cottage, villa, campsite, treehouse, or even in one of their iconic "floating" cottages hovering above the sea.
Day Tour: Php 1,650.00 on Klook
Room rate starts at: Php 6,000.00 via Trip.com
Address: Barangay Sta Ana, Calatagan, Philippines [ Get Directions ]
Contact number: 0917 580 7653 / 0917 5863343
Facebook: Stilts Calatagan Beach Resort
Calatagan Beach Resorts, Hotels, Transient and Vacation House for Rent
- Lago De Oro Hotel & Cable Ski Park - Available on Agoda at Php 2,800.00 per night!
- Crusoe Cabins - Available on Trip.com at Php 7,900.00 per night!
- Wonder Farm Villa - Available on Trip.com at Php 2,200.00 per night!
- White Castle Resort and Hotel - Available on Agoda at Php 1,800.00 per night!
ALSO IN BATANGAS
- 25+ Tourist Spots in Batangas You Shouldn't Miss to Visit (Weekend Getaway 2-3 hours from Manila)
- 30+ Best Beach Resorts in Batangas (2-3 Hours Away From Manila!)
- 10 Anilao Beach & Dive Resorts to Book in Mabini, Batangas
- 10 Churches and Pilgrimage Sites in Batangas
- MATABUNGKAY BEACH: Resorts and Floating Cottages in Lian, Batangas (Travel Guide)
- FANTASY WORLD TRAVEL GUIDE: The Abandoned Disneyland Of The Philippines (Lemery, Batangas)
- TRAVEL GUIDE: Malabrigo Beach and Lighthouse in Lobo, Batangas
- PORT OF BATANGAS: International Port for Cargo & Passenger Ferry Schedule & Terminal Guide
- McDonald's Drive-thru Branches Open 24 Hours in Batangas (with Location & Operating Hours)
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without IMFWJ's notice. Should you know the updated information, please let us know by leaving a message in the comment box below.
Let us know your thoughts!