Planning to register for PhilHealth as a Self-Earning Individual or a Voluntary Member? Here's a step-by-step guide on how to register and list of requirements.
What is PhilHealth Voluntary Membership?
PhilHealth voluntary membership refers to the privilege extended to individuals who are not formally employed by a registered company or by an employer in the Philippines.
Unlike employed individuals who get automatic membership, voluntary members register and pay for their contributions on their own.
HELPFUL ITEMS YOU CAN USE TO SAVE MONEY!
Here's my list of useful items for you to save or earn money wisely:
Shopee is my go-to app for things I needed like the ones above. If you'd like discounts and vouchers, you may get the best offers here:
Who Can Apply as a PhilHealth Voluntary Member?
Any Filipino who doesn’t have a fixed employment term and is not a senior citizen, indigent member, or sponsored member can register as a voluntary member.
PhilHealth Voluntary Membership Requirements
For membership registration and dependent enrollment, PhilHealth no longer asks for supporting documents such as birth certificates or marriage contracts, as stated by PhilHealth VP Corporate Affairs Dr. Israel Francis Pargas in an interview.
A complete PhilHealth Member Registration Form (PMRF) is all you need to enroll as a voluntary member.
Who are Qualified as Dependents?
The following also enjoy PhilHealth coverage without additional premiums
- Legitimate spouse who is not a member;
- Child or children - legitimate, legitimated, acknowledged and illegitimate (as appearing in birth certificate) adopted or stepchild or stepchildren below 21 years of age, unmarried and unemployed.
- Children who are twenty-one (21) years old or above but suffering from congenital disability, either physical or mental, or any disability acquired that renders them totally dependent on the member for support, as determined by the Corporation;
- Foster child as defined in Republic Act 10165 otherwise known as the Foster Care Act of 2012;
- Parents who are sixty (60) years old or above, not otherwise an enrolled member, whose monthly income is below an amount to be determined by PhilHealth in accordance with the guiding principles set forth in the NHI Act of 2013; and,
- Parents with permanent disability regardless of age as determined by PhilHealth, that renders them totally dependent on the member for subsistence.
Qualified dependents shall be entitled to a separate coverage of up to 45 days per calendar year. However, the 45 days allowance shall be shared among them.
How to Register for Voluntary Membership in a PhilHealth Office
- Go to the nearest Local Health Insurance Office (LHIO) or PhilHealth Express outlet.
- Fill out two PMRF copies.
- Submit your accomplished and signed forms.
- Wait for the PhilHealth Member Data Record (MDR) and ID card to be issued to you.
- Using your PhilHealth ID number (PIN), pay your premium contribution to the cashier.
|PMRF for Updating|
How to Change from Employed to Voluntary Membership
- Download PhilHealth Member Registration Form or (PMRF)
- Tick FOR UPDATING on the upper right-hand corner of the PMRF.
- Fill out PMRF as appropriate.
- Submit properly filled out PMRF to the nearest PhilHealth Office.
- Await printout of updated Member Data Record (MDR).
How to Register for PhilHealth Voluntary Membership Online
- Go to the PhilHealth Electronic Registration System.
- Click “PROCEED”.
- Read the Terms and Conditions, tick the small box below, and click “Accept.”
- On the online registration form, enter the required information.
- Upload your document in jpeg, pdf, gif, or png format. This step is optional.
- Enter the provided Captcha code, tick the small box below, and click “Submit Registration.”
- You’ll receive instructions via email on how to complete your PhilHealth membership application. Copy the transaction number, which serves as a reference to your registration.
When do I Pay for Philhealth Contribution?
PhilHealth members (especially those Self-Earning and Voluntary Members) can choose any of the 4 payment options:
Learn more about PhilHealth Contribution Schedule and Computation.
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN MANILA
How can I check my Philhealth contribution online?
- Go to the Philhealth website.
- Log in to the Member Inquiry facility by entering your PIN and password (from the activation email.)
- Answer the security question.
- The Member Static Information page will appear.
Can I continue my Philhealth contribution?
In the event of resignation or any circumstance that stopped you from paying for your Philhealth premiums, you can still resume your active membership by updating your account into individually paying member. You may do this by submitting PMRF to Philhealth before paying your premiums.
RELATED: PhilHealth Contribution Table Guide
ACTIVITIES AND TOURS IN MANILA
The Philippine Health Insurance Corporation or Philhealth was created in 1995 to implement universal health coverage in the Philippines. It is a tax-exempt, government-owned and controlled corporation of the Philippines, and is attached to the Department of Health.
PhilHealth Head Office: Citystate Centre, 709 Shaw Blvd, Pasig City, Metro Manila
PhilHealth Website: philhealth.gov.ph
How to Contact PhilHealth
Callback Channel: 0917-898-7442 (PHIC)
Text "PHICcallback [space] Mobile No. or Metro Manila landline [space]
details of your concern" and we will call you during office hours, weekdays only.
(Callback requests will expire after 72 hours.)
Call Center Hotline: 84417442 (PHIC)
(Self-help only; agent assistance temporarily not available)
Email address: email@example.com
PhilHealth LHIO Branches
I have written a comprehensive guide on how to find the nearest PhilHealth branch near you.
You can also process your PhilHealth requests and payments from any of the PhilHealth Express Branches near you.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without IMFWJ's notice. Should you know the updated information, please message us on Facebook.