These days, more and more coffee shops are popping up in the area to better give people a space to relax and enjoy the scenery.
In this guide we list TEN IG-worthy coffee shops and cafes to visit in Manila.
LOOKING FOR KITCHEN OR DINING NEEDS?
Here are the best options to shop for your kitchenware and dining essentials:
1. Kapetolyo (by SGD Coffee)
Officially opened its doors to guests on International Coffee Day in 2021, Kapetolyo by SGD Coffee, located at the Kartilya ng Katipunan Park is a project of the Manila City Hall under Mayor Francisko 'Isko Moreno' Domagoso's leadership in collaboration with SGD Coffee, promoting and boosting local coffee farmers in the Philippines.
Address: Kartilya ng Katipunan Park, Cecilia Muñoz Palma Drive, Ermita, Manila, Metro Manila
Business Hours: 10AM–9PM Weekdays, 8AM–9PM Weekends
2. Belfry Café
Recently opened in Intramuros, Belfry Café is a unique coffee shop that is standing at one corner of Manila Cathedral. True to its name, you can find this in the part of the cathedral where they house the bells. Yes, the cafe's name came from where the it is located: the ground belfry the church. So, yes, you're dining right underneath the church's ginormous bells.
Address: 1002 Sto. Tomas, Intramuros, Manila, 1002 Metro Manila
Opening Hours: 9:00 am to 8:00 pm from Tuesdays to Fridays, 8:00 am to 9:00 pm on weekends
3. La Cathedral Café
Also in Intramuros, La Cathedral Café gives you a European rooftop dining vibe with a stunning view of the Manila Cathedral's dome. The cafe, which is located at the 3rd level, is decorated with capiz lanterns and touches of greenery, which make for an idyllic ambience especially at night. It's the perfect setting for a date with your special someone or a casual get-together with your friends.
Address: 636 Cabildo St, Intramuros, Manila, 1002 Metro Manila
Operating Hours: Monday to Saturday 8AM–9PM; Sunday 8AM–10PM
4. Barbara's Café
Another IG-worthy place not to miss in Intramuros is the Barbara's, which is a well-known Filipino heritage restaurant located inside the Walled City of Intramuros. The Barbara's boasts the classic architecture popular in the 18th century when the Spanish colonized the Philippines.
Address: Plaza San Luis Complex, Real St, Intramuros, Manila, 1002 Metro Manila
Operating Hours: 8 AM to 9 PM daily
5. 1919 Grand Café
Deemed as one of the oldest buildings in Juan Luna Street, Binondo, the HSBC building was renovated into a modern restaurant named the Grand Cafe 1919. The cafe takes pride in its diverse menu. The dining space offers Western and Filipino breakfast, sandwiches, burgers, main course, and seafood dishes. Plus, freshen up with their wide variety of cooling smoothies!
Address: 117 Juan Luna St, Binondo, Manila, 1006 Metro Manila
Hours: 7AM-9PM daily
6. The Den
The Den, located in the historic Escolta Street in Manila, is a space where Philippine coffee and contemporary culture intersect through programming that explores art, design, music, lifestyle, emerging communities, and new ideas. Imagine having your favorite drink in a museum, The Den really gives you a special coffee experience.
Address: HUB Make Lab, First United Building, 413 Escolta St, Binondo, Manila, 1006 Metro Manila
Hours: 10AM-6PM dialy
7. Hidden Garden Café
Literally hiding in a recently renovated garden in Ermita, Manila, Hidden Garden Cafe is a perfect place for a coffee or two. Friendly, gracious people welcome you, ready to serve you a drink with your favorite Filipino comfort food. Relax and achieve the HGC experience. Hidden Garden Cafe offers local coffee, drinks and comfort snacks.
Address: Hidden Garden (formerly Plaza Lawton), Ermita, Manila, 1000 Metro Manila
Hours: 8AM-9PM daily
8. Starbucks Coffee (Puerta de Isabel-II)
You might be wondering why this largely known coffee shop company in the world belongs to this list. Well, for sure, Starbucks Coffee is very common to all of us. But this one located near the northern walls of Intramuros will definitely bring you back to the Spanish era of the Philippines. The café’s ceilings and walls were of adobe, curving from the floor to ceiling and back to floor again. A unique SB experience indeed.
Address: Muralla St. cor Magallanes Dr., Intramuros, City of Manila
Hours: 6:30 AM to 9:00 PM Monday-Saturday
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN MANILA
9. Cafe Aquatica
Binondo is not all about Chinese food. This cafe near Binondo Church does not only offer good food but fishes for sale. Yes, Café Aquatica is a unique concept café that doubles as a fish shop. The whole place is surrounded with aquariums with live fishes, something worth sharing on your IG-feed!
Address: 1016 Norberto Ty St, Binondo, Manila, 1006 Metro Manila
Hours: 10AM-8PM daily
10. Café Mezzanine
Last but not least, Cafe Mezzanine, which is owned by famous Chinese delicacy brand Eng Bee Tin is located at guess what? The mezzanine of the building. The Café Mezzanine has dedicated itself to supporting the Binondo Paco Fire Search and Rescue Brigade to continue its volunteerism and valuable service to the community. Cafe Mezzanine promises to serve gastronomic specialties that will make you truly love Chinese cuisine.
|Inside Cafe Mezzanine|
Address: 650 Ongpin St, Binondo, Manila, 1006 Metro Manila
Business Hours: 8AM–9PM daily
Lady's and gentlemen, this sums up my list of cafes and coffee shops in Manila:
- Kapetolyo (by SGD Coffee)
- Belfry Cafe
- La Cathedral Café
- 1919 Grand Café
- The Den
- Hidden Garden Café
- Starbucks Coffee (Muralla St., Intramuros)
- Cafe Aquatica
- Café Mezzanine
I hope this list helps you decide where to go next on your coffee date in Manila. If I am missing something, let me know in the comments below.
ACTIVITIES AND TOURS IN MANILA
OTHER CAFES TO VISIT...
WHERE TO STAY IN MANILA
Here's a list of hotel accommodation you can book in Manila:
- Octagon Mansion Hotel - Check Rates and Availability!
- Bayview Park Hotel - Check Rates and Availability!
- Go Hotels Ermita - Check Rates and Availability!
- City Garden Suites Hotel - Check Rates and Availability!
- Pearl Manila Hotel - Check Rates and Availability!
- Sunny Bay Suites - Check Rates and Availability!
ALSO IN MANILA
- MANILA TRAVEL GUIDE: Tourist Spots, Things To Do, Where To Eat and Where to Stay
- REDISCOVER MANILA: 20+ Tourist Spots To Visit At Night (Things To Do & New Places To Go)
- BINONDO FOOD CRAWL: DIY Food Trip Guide to Manila Chinatown, the oldest in the world (Map & Budget)
- RIZAL PARK: Guide to Luneta, the Largest Urban Park in Manila, Philippines (Attractions to See & Things to Do)
- MANILA OCEAN PARK: Attractions Map Guide, Activities & How to get Discounted Pass Online Tickets
- DOLOMITE BEACH: Everything you need to know about this new attraction at Manila Baywalk (Operating Hours, Directions & FAQs)
- INTRAMUROS GUIDE: Historic Walled City in Manila (What to See & to Do)
- ARROCEROS FOREST PARK: Guide to the Last Lung of Manila (Description, History and Schedule)
- The historical Jones Bridge in Manila got a new look
- LRT-1 Guide (Stations, Schedule, Fare Matrix)
- WHERE TO EAT SAMGYUPSAL: 10 Korean BBQ Restaurants in Metro Manila (YOU MUST TRY)
- Manila City Zip Codes & Phone Area Codes (Complete List)
- List of Palawan Pawnshop Branches (Pera Padala) in Manila
- List of Mercury Drug Branches in Manila City (with Store Hours & Contact Details)
- List of Watsons Branches in Manila City (with Store Hours & Contact Details)
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without IMFWJ's notice. Should you know the updated information, please let us know by leaving a message in the comment box below.
WHERE TO STAY IN MANILA
instagrammable cafes near me aesthetic cafes instagrammable cafe in manila instagrammable cafe in quezon city instagrammable cafe in manila (2021) instagrammable cafe in bgc cute cafes in manila instagrammable cafe in manila 2022 instagrammable restaurants in manila instagrammable cafe in manila 2022 instagrammable restaurants in quezon city instagrammable coffee shop in quezon city instagrammable cafe in bgc best coffee shop in manila instagrammable cafe in manila (2021) instagrammable cafe near me