One document every Filipino needs to have is their birth certificate. This is an official document that details your identity, nationality, and lineage. Your PSA birth certificate is typically required if you’re applying for licenses, IDs, and official documents for school and employment purposes, among others. You can obtain this document from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA).
In this guide, you learn how to get a PSA birth certificate online. If you prefer to get a copy in person, go to PSA Birth Certificate Application Walk-in Guide
What is a PSA Birth Certificate?
A PSA birth certificate is an official document containing a person’s birth details, including their full name, gender, place of birth, date and time of birth, and parents’ basic information.
Upon birth, the doctor or any authorized medical staff files a report with the Local Civil Registry Office (LCRO) of the city or municipality where the birth occurred. The Certificate of Live Birth is then endorsed by the LCRO to the PSA for certification and printing on PSA’s security paper.
Why Do You Need a PSA Birth Certificate?
A birth certificate is a valuable piece of identification. This official document is used to verify someone’s birth. It is also the basis for evaluating a person’s legal capacity to enter into a transaction and execute a contract. Here are the common instances a birth certificate is required:
- Passport/travel purposes
- Identification (driver’s license, national ID, and other government-issued IDs)
- School requirements
- Local/foreign employment
How to Get a PSA Birth Certificate Online
For those who don’t have the time to go out and process their birth certificate application in person, you can order a copy online. PSAHelpline.ph is authorized by the PSA to issue PSA birth certificates, and the platform helps facilitate the application procedure.
PSA Online Application Procedure
STEP 1: On the PSAHelpline.ph website homepage, click the “Order Now” button located on the right side of the screen. Alternatively, you can click the “Order Now” button in the header.
|Order your PSA birth certificate online.|
STEP 2: When the next page appears, click the “Birth” button. Check the box at the bottom to accept the terms and conditions. Then, click “Continue” to proceed to the next step.
|Order a PSA birth, marriage, death certificate or cenomar online|
STEP 3: A page will be displayed showing two options. If you are requesting your own PSA birth certificate, select “My Own Birth Certificate.” If you’re ordering for a family member or someone else, choose “For Someone Else.” After confirming your option, click “Continue.”
|Request for a PSA birth certificate online for yourself and others|
STEP 4: A page will appear listing the information that will be collected from you. Make sure you have the specified data on hand before proceeding with the process. Click “Continue.”
|Requirements needed when requesting for PSA birth certificate online|
STEP 5: A form will show asking you to provide vital pieces of information, namely your sex, civil status (if female), first name, middle name, last name, birth date, and the type of your government-issued ID. After completing the form, click “Continue.”
|Information needed when requesting for PSA birth certificate online|
STEP 6: A page will appear asking for your name and delivery address. After inputting the information, click “Continue.”
|Delivery and contact information needed when requesting for PSA birth certificate online|
STEP 7: Review the Certificate of Live Birth form and ensure all details are correct. Choose the number of copies you need. Once done, tick the “I Confirm” box.
|Confirmation of details of requested PSA birth certificate online|
A few reminders when filling out the form:
- Make sure your name and birthday match the details on your ID.
- You are required to present the actual ID upon delivery.
- You must receive the PSA document yourself. The courier will not release the order to anyone else, even with an authorization letter.
- You are not allowed to request a copy of your birth certificate if you are below 18 years old.
- Use an address where you can personally receive the birth certificate when it gets delivered.
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN MANILA
PSA Online Payment Fees and Options
Upon completing the PSA birth certificate online application process, you will be issued a Reference Number, which you can use to check the available payment options. The following channels accept online and over-the-counter payments:
- Palawan Express
How Much is a PSA Birth Certificate?
The payment fee for one copy of a PSA birth certificate is Php365.00. You can pay through any of these payment options:
- Credit card: You can pay through Mastercard or Visa for real-time payment posting. Please note that JCB and American Express cards are currently not supported.
- ATM: Simply visit a BancNet ATM to settle the fee. Just select the Bills Payment option to complete your payment transaction. Please note that the posting of payment may take a day or two depending on the bank.
- GCash: If you have a GCash account, you can pay through the e-wallet option.
- 7-Eleven: You can visit a 7-Eleven store with a CLIQQ machine to settle the payment for your order.
- Bayad: You can pay through any of the selected Bayad outlets or TouchPay machines.
- PayMaya: For PayMaya e-wallet holders, you can pay through the app without extra charge.
PSA Birth Certificate Online Delivery Tracker
To check the status of your request , click the “Check Status” tab in the header and input your 10-digit reference number.
PSA Online Delivery Reminders
- Delivery time takes three to four working days within Metro Manila. If the recipient’s address is outside Metro Manila, it will take three to eight working days to deliver the document.
- For smooth delivery of your document and for security purposes, please present one valid government-issued ID to the courier upon delivery.
- You must receive the PSA document personally. If you are not available on the delivery date, please make delivery arrangements with us by calling (02) 8737-1111, Mondays to Saturdays (excluding holidays), from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- For unsuccessful delivery attempts, you may call us at (02) 8737-1111, Mondays to Saturdays (excluding holidays), from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. You may also reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us on Facebook @PSAHelpline.ph for us to check your concern.
- All undelivered documents after two attempts shall be returned to the PSA after 30 calendar days, and payments made for the documents shall be forfeited. You may place a new order by visiting PSAHelpline.ph.
ACTIVITIES AND TOURS IN MANILA
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is the Certificate of Live Birth the same as the PSA Birth Certificate?
No. The Certificate of Live Birth is for data entry purposes only and is an unofficial document that proves you were medically alive when your mother gave birth to you.
Does the PSA have copies of birth certificates of people born before 1945?
If you’re requesting the birth certificate of someone born before 1945, the PSA will only issue you a Negative Results Certification, which means no record of the birth can be found in the PSA archives. You can use the certificate to check with the Local Civil Registrar where your birth certificate was registered.
How can I correct typographical errors or wrong information in my birth certificate?
Depending on the type of correction you need (administrative or judicial), you can process the correction on your own or through a court proceeding. Certificates with clerical or typographical errors (like wrong gender or wrong date of birth) can be corrected by filing a petition with the LCRO where the birth was reported. The same applies if you intend to correct an error in your first name.
Changing of name, nationality, citizenship, parents’ name, middle name (of the child or the mother), and birth year as well as changes with the child’s legitimacy or illegitimacy require judicial proceedings for correction.
Do PSA birth certificates expire?
Birth certificates issued and certified by PSA have no expiration date. However, entities such as the Department of Foreign Affairs and embassies require the birth certificate copy not to be older than six months from the date of payment.
Why did I get a Negative Certification from PSA instead of the requested copy?
If you received a Negative Certification, it means that the PSA has no record of your birth in their digital and paper archives. You can use the certificate to check with the Local Civil Registrar where your birth certificate was registered.
Other Documents You Can Request Or Order Online
- PSA Marriage Certifcate
- PhilSys National ID Online Registration
- Online Appointment for Philippine Passport (New and Renewal)
- Online Appointment for NBI Clearance
- PhilHealth MDR
- Request for a DTI Permit
Search for more IDs, certificates and documents to have in the Philippines.
psa birth certificate online appointment psa online appointment online application for birth certificate psa serbilis online psa birth certificate form psa online registration psa online delivery psa birth certificate find name
Let us know your thoughts!