ABOUT MARINDUQUE PROVINCEMarinduque is an island province in the Philippines located in Southwestern Tagalog Region or MIMAROPA, formerly designated as Region IV-B. Its capital is the municipality of Boac. Marinduque lies between Tayabas Bay to the north and Sibuyan Sea to the south.
BEFORE GOING TO MANIWAYA
Here are some of the things you may consider before visiting Maniwaya Island in Marinduque:
- Maniwaya Island is an ideal place to laze on the beach and swim in the clear waters.
- Rent a boat and visit Palad Sandbar and Ungab Rock Formation. The sandbar is a good place to go swimming; sink your toes in the soft sand and relax.
- There are snorkeling spots where you can see some corals and marine life.
- The island is also one of the best places to see the sunset.
- Go as early as possible for the boat ride to and from Maniwaya Island as they leave early and just once a day. If you miss it, you will have to charter a boat or leave the next day.
- Bring a tent if you want to go camping and snorkeling gear.
- Buy food at the local market to save money. As the cliché goes, leave nothing but footprints.
For hassle-free travel to Marinduque, you can book a tour guide or a camping experience at Maniwaya Island.
What to bring to Marinduque
Here are some things you might consider bringing with you for your day tour / adventure:
- Stylish face mask
- Water container/tumbler to rehydrate
- Sunscreen for skin protection
- Goggles for swimming or snorkeling
- Stylish Swimsuit
- Travel backpack / luggage
- Reusable vacuum storage packs
- Selfie stick
- Waterproof phone case
- Acion cam
- Camping tent
- WiFi kit
- Power bank
Shopee is my go-to app for things I needed like the ones above. If you'd like discounts and vouchers, you may get the best offers here:
Here are you 4 options on going to Maniwaya Island in Marinduque:
1) Commute via Dalahican Porta) Ride a JAC Liner bus in Buendia or Kamias stations bound for Marinduque. Alight the bus in Santa Cruz. From Santa Cruz proper, ride a jeepney to Buyabod Port. Charter an outrigger boat to take you to Maniwaya Island or your preferred resort.
To avoid hassle, we highly recommend to book your ticket in Jac Liner at least 1 month in advance.
b) Ride a JAC or JAM Liner bus to Lucena/Dalahican Port. Board a ferry to Balancan Port, Marinduque. From Balanacan Port, ride a jeepney to Sta. Cruz and alight in the town center then ride a tricycle to Buyabod Port. Charter an outrigger boat to take you to Maniwaya Island or your chosen resort.
2) Commute via Gen. Luna PortRide a JAC or JAM Liner bus to Lucena Grand Terminal. From there, ride a van to General Luna Port. Once you get to the port, charter an outrigger boat to take you to Maniwaya Island or your chosen resort.
Rented Van or Private Car Via Gen. Luna or Calauag Fist Port.
3) Drive to SLEX taking Calamba ExitContinue to Calabarzon Express Way. Drive until General Luna via Pan-Phil Hwy passing by Lucena, Pagbilao and Candelaria. Once you get to the port, arrange for a parking service with the locals (if you would leave your car) then charter an outrigger boat to take you the Maniwaya Island or your chosen resort.
4) Air Transfers via Air Juan 's SeaplaneAir Juan’s seaplane service lands directly to Marinduque Domestic Airport, Masiga, Gasan, Marinduque from Air Juan Seaplane Terminal, F. Ma Guerrero St., Pasay, Metro Manila (near PICC) and vice versa every Monday and Thursday, 7:00 am (Manila ETD) and 8:00 am (Marinduque ETD). Regular fare is P4,500 per person per way. The flight leaves from Pasay and takes about 40 minutes.
From Marinduque Domestic Airport, ride a jeepney to Santa Cruz and alight in barangay Buyabod then ride a tricycle to Buyabod Port. Charter an outrigger boat to take you to Maniwaya Island or your chosen resort.
Entrance Fee and Other Charges
- Entrance Fee: Entrance fees will vary depending on the resort you stayed in, but it’s P50 at Wawie’s Resort
- Camping Fee: It depends on the resort, but it’s P300 tent pitching fee at Wawie’s Resort
- Cottage Rental Fee: Rates vary from one resort to another.
- Maniwaya Landing Fee: P20
- Boat Rental Rates: Approximately P1500 (from Maniwaya to Palad Sand Bar & Ungab Rock Formation); Approximately P4000 (from Buyabod Port to Palad Sand Bar & Ungab Rock Formation)
WHERE TO STAY NEAR MANIWAYA ISLAND
Here's a list of resorts and accommodation in Marinduque:
- Balar Hotel and Spa - Check Rates and Availability!
- Luxor Resort and Restaurant - Check Rates and Availability!
- The Boac Hotel - Check Rates and Availability!
- Beach Club Cagpo - Check Rates and Availability!
- Joey's Crib Beach Hostel - Check Rates and Availability!
- Villa d' Arco Resort - Check Rates and Availability!
- Hotel Zenturia - Check Rates and Availability!
ATTRACTIONS TO SEE IN MANILA
OTHER MUST-SEE ISLANDS IN THE PHILIPPINES
If you love to travel to the Philippines, here are the beautiful islands to visit on your next trip:
- Boracay Island (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Coron, Palawan DIY Travel Guide (Things to Do and Accommodation)
- Siargao DIY Travel Guide (Itinerary & Tourist Spots)
- The Hundred Islands in Alaminos, Pangasinan (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Cagbalete Island in Mauban, Quezon (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Isla Verde in Batangas (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Masbate DIY Travel Guide (Tourist Spots & Itinerary)
- Alibijaban Island in San Andres, Quezon (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Kalanggaman Island in Palompon, Leyte (Travel Guide & Itinerary)
- Moamboc Island in Cebu (Travel Guide & Accommodation)
- El Nido, Palawan Travel Guide & 4D/3N Itinerary
ACTIVITIES AND TOURS IN MANILA
IMPORTANT NOTE: The rates, contact details and other information indicated in this post are accurate from the time of writing but may change without IMFWJ's notice. Should you know the updated information, please let us know by leaving a message in the comment box below.
Click here to subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
Click here to subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
WHERE TO STAY IN MARINDUQUE:
maniwaya island quezon maniwaya island description maniwaya island 2022 maniwaya island tour package 2021 maniwaya island problems maniwaya island 2021 maniwaya island wikipedia maniwaya island map palad sand bar maniwaya palad sand bar location palad sand bar guinayangan marinduque sand bar maniwaya beach resort maniwaya island history darigayos beach mimaropa
Let us know your thoughts!